SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...s-elon-musk-n2610132

As was to be expected, Twitter has sued Elon Musk for backing out of the deal to buy the social media platform. Musk had announced his intention to no longer pay $44 million for Twitter last Friday, claiming that Twitter had not met its contractual obligations, with specific concerns having to do with the undercounting of "bot" accounts and access to related data.

CNBC reported that the lawsuit was filed in the Delaware Court of Chancery, and laid out what could be an "unpredictable" legal battle:

The lawsuit filed on Tuesday marks the beginning of what could be a protracted legal battle as Twitter seeks to hold Musk to his deal to pay $54.20 per share for the company, and as Musk seeks to be let out of the agreement because of issues with spam bots or deal procedure.

The outcome of the dispute could be unpredictable, legal experts say, and could involve a judge forcing Musk to complete the deal, Musk paying a $1 billion breakup fee, or other scenarios including a settlement or Musk walking away without paying anything.

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... and one would think, that to 'win', the twats have to divulge how many monetizable daily active user accounts are on the platform ... and the region and age demographics come into play too.

Depending on the source, in Feb 2022, that number of accounts was 217 million, with 38 million US adults.

Now, if one cares, compare that to LINE - Japan's #1 social media platform - with 89 million monthly active users.

Good on ya Jack, on doing the world a big flavor. Let's see your hand.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
IMO this is Trump's biggest weakness, weighing into something he doesn't need to comment on. 'If' Trump really does want to run for president again, comments like this only hurt that effort.

Yeah, he did it again today.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't this give Musk the opportunity to make Discovery of the facts for the case? So Twitter will have to prove the numbers they stand by.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
In other words, Twitter took a crap in Elon Musk's bed.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
In other words, Twitter took a crap in Elon Musk's bed.

That's the way I Heard it.

Posts: 817 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
IANAL
A rather unfortunate acronym

Well, it does involve lawyers so very apposite.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:

very apposite.
I learned a new word today.

SIGforum, fulfilling all your education needs.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's the way I Heard it.

Did they make a Depposition?

Posts: 18043 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
This process will be preserved in history, like a fly in Amber.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
very apposite.

I was just about to post the same thing.

With today's public, either a person is very erudite, or a complete idiot. There seems to be many fewer that are in between anymore.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

very apposite.

SIGforum, fulfilling all your education needs.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Happy to be of service Big Grin

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Ralph Nader is still alive???

I though he perished in a one car Corvair accident back in the 60's.

https://fortune.com/2022/08/11...r-technology-recall/

"The man who forever changed vehicle safety standards in the U.S. has a scathing new message for Elon Musk and Tesla’s self-driving car technology: He thinks it’s dangerous, and regulators should get involved. "

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What is Unsafe at any Speed 2: Cruise Control?

Posts: 10912 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/ed-morrisse...nts-with-sec-n493234

In an SEC filing Tuesday, Musk said his legal team notified Twitter of “additional bases” for ending the deal on top of the ones given in the original termination notice issued in July.

In a letter to Twitter Inc., which was included in the filing, Musk’s advisors cited the whistleblower report by former executive Peiter Zatko — also known by his hacker handle “Mudge.”

Zatko, who served as Twitter’s head of security until he was fired early this year, alleged in his complaint to U.S. officials that the company misled regulators about its poor cybersecurity defenses and its negligence in attempting to root out fake accounts that spread disinformation

The letter, addressed to Twitter’s Chief Legal Officer Vijaya Gadde, said Zatko’s allegations provide extra reasons to end the deal if the July termination notice “is determined to be invalid for any reason.”

Elon Musk’s legal team subpoenaed Twitter whistleblower Peiter Zatko to appear Sept. 9 for a deposition in an ongoing legal fight over the billionaire’s deal to acquire the social network for $44 billion.

The subpoena seeks any documents Zatko has related to his complaint to federal regulators that Twitter has misled the public about “extreme, egregious deficiencies” in its security practices, as well as any documents related to spam on the platform, the company’s attempts to hide its security vulnerabilities, and allegations that company employs foreign intelligence service agents.

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Looks like Twitter's Back on the Menu, Boys....

quote:
Elon Musk has offered to close his $44 billion deal to buy Twitter Inc. TWTR 12.67%▲ on the terms he originally agreed to, according to a person familiar with the matter, an unexpected twist that could allow the two sides to avert a high-stakes trial set to begin soon.

Non-paywalled link WSJ 10/4/22

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The torment of it all.

Musk: I'm gonna buy Twitter

Twitter: I don't think so

Musk: No, really, I'm gonna buy you

Twitter: Never!

Musk: OK, y'know what? I'm not going to buy you

Twitter: You can't back out. You said you were going to buy us, now we'll MAKE YOU buy us!

{lawyerslawyerslawyers. threatslawyerslawsuitlawyerswordswords}

Musk: OK, I changed my mind again. I'm gonna buy you.

Twitter:

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post