SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Am I seeing correctly that the US government directly asked Tweeter to interfere in others broadcasting information on Hunter?

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Musk has a second, separate server with archived information. Might not be a bad investment at this point.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Am I seeing correctly that the US government directly asked Tweeter to interfere in others broadcasting information on Hunter?

Yup

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there was an off line archival service.
And everything that was purged is backed up.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^and Musk said he was gonna release all the “Stazi” records…

Should make for good reading

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11459 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I saw an interview w Steve Bannon and a woman writer for the New York Post. She wrote about Hunter Biden laptop.

Turns out FBI had been monitoring Rudy Giuliani and this Post writer. As the team writing about the laptop planned their rollout, the FBI would go to Twitter and Facebook and warn them about misinformation that "might" come out. I think the primary FBI link here was Agent Elvis Chan.

It’s hideous that the FBI is complicit in covering up the Hunter Biden laptop revelations. I suspect that Wray is starting to sweat as the evidence of that emerges.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
another major FBI corrupt POS

You may remember the name James Baker. He was FBI General Counsel under Comey. He tried to cover for Michael Sussmann lying about the false claims re Alfa Bank.

Baker resigned from FBI. Guess where he wound up? As a Twitter lawyer.

From Matt Taibbi:

On Friday, the first installment of the Twitter files was published here. We expected to publish more over the weekend. Many wondered why there was a delay.

The process for producing the “Twitter Files” involved delivery to two journalists (Bari Weiss and me) via a lawyer close to new management. However, after the initial batch, things became complicated.

Over the weekend, while we both dealt with obstacles to new searches, it was @BariWeiss who discovered that the person in charge of releasing the files was someone named Jim.

When she called to ask “Jim’s” last name, the answer came back: “Jim Baker.”

The news that Baker was reviewing the “Twitter files” surprised everyone involved, to say the least. New Twitter chief Elon Musk acted quickly to “exit” Baker Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/st.../1600244722819543040

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope someone responsible goes over what james baker reviewed, released / didn't release.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk:

In light of concerns about Baker’s possible role in suppression of information important to the public dialogue, he was exited from Twitter today

question: Was he asked to explain himself first?

Musk: Yes. His explanation was …unconvincing.

more from Jonathan Turley:

https://jonathanturley.org/202...f-the-twitter-files/

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable that it is the same M'fr.

Posts: 11415 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Rumor is on Jim Baker that he was still authorizing censorships as of last Friday. Had to go…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Elon Musk:

In light of concerns about Baker’s possible role in suppression of information important to the public dialogue, he was exited from Twitter today

more from Jonathan Turley:

https://jonathanturley.org/202...f-the-twitter-files/

What a clusterfuck!
Tweeter was DEEP in bed with the commies.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Litter, Pffacebook, Spoogle… Who knows how far it goes; probably AWS/Bamazon web services since they deleted parlor.

We know what the game is now; confirmed.

What’s that line? “Fool me once shame on you, for me twice shame on me.”

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:

What an awesome response. It says so much by saying so little.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3900 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Forgive me, but I don't quite understand. Baker was a Twitter employee?

Posts: 109050 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this thread. I started a new one asking for an explanation of all this before I found this.
I'm slow and this story has lots of espionage spy type stuff with a full dose of tyranny and communism.

Posts: 797 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Does Musk have any recourse for Twitter committing fraud on the buyout?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34393 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Does Musk have any recourse for Twitter committing fraud on the buyout?

The courts.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9437 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post