SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Hopefully this all changes with Musk:

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Elon Musk is just another billionaire. He may be doing something now that we think is a good thing but I'm never going to be a cheerleader for that douchebag.

Is he a douchebag because he’s just another billionaire, or are there billionaires who aren’t douchebags in your estimation?

Serious question. Because I’d really like to be a billionaire one day, but if it automatically makes me a douchebag, I’m not sure.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Stupid people despise success; never understanding what it really means.

Jealousy is a bitch.

I have personally met three billionaires in my life. Also many millionaires (when it meant something). The billionaires are not necessarily people I would choose to have a beer with but:

1. I’m not super social, and

2. I think that’s because of their personalities and not necessarily their wealth.

Luck is a huge part of monster wealth. Like fame, vast wealth may change people over time. It just depends on the person. Bill Gates for example thought he could hang out with Jeffrey Epstein and not have to pay the consequences. Stupid fuck.

But how much wealth (aka jobs) does Microsoft return to its employees? I know a lot of people that have worked there. Microsoft made 10,000 millionaires in Redmond, Wa by 1995. My children went to school with a Kids of those parents.

My oldest became very entrepreneurial at age 15 working at the elbows of some of those millionaires in Redmond, Wa. Those experiences serve him quite well to this very day some decade later. He is so far ahead of degreed staff on how business actually needs to run. Bumps heads w/ others who “read a mgmt book”.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

My oldest became very entrepreneurial at age 15 working at the elbows of some of those millionaires in Redmond, Wa. Those experiences serve him quite well to this very day some decade later. He is so far ahead of degreed staff on how business actually needs to run. Bumps heads w/ others who “read a mgmt book”.

Yes, remember how Margaret Rudkin did it?

Posts: 15840 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Is he a douchebag because he’s just another billionaire, or are there billionaires who aren’t douchebags in your estimation?

-Rob

I'm sure there are billionaires who are not douchbags. Maybe Warren Buffett?

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
I met a lot of people who are not rich and are douch bags.

The problem is not with Musk so much but maybe our expectations of him is this case.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3857 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

-Rob

I'm sure there are billionaires who are not douchbags. Maybe Warren Buffett?

From what I know of both of them, I'd take Musk over Buffett.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Elon Musk has decided not to be on the board of directors

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rd-afterall-n2605735

Elon Musk Isn’t Joining the Twitter Board After All

Hostile takeover?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Elon Musk has decided not to be on the board of directors

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rd-afterall-n2605735

Elon Musk Isn’t Joining the Twitter Board After All

Hostile takeover?

Maybe…

Elon Musk tries to buy Twitter for $41BILLION: Tesla CEO offers $54.20 a share and says if his offer is not accepted 'I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder. Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it'

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Go get 'em, Elon.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30295 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
He’s put them in a tight spot, either he gets it or he walks and that stock tanks so bad it will collapse the company.

Brilliant mofo if you ask me.

I’m sure the blue-hair Alphabet Mafia along with the Biden regime will fight this tooth and nail.

Posts: 33594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk scares the sh*t outta the Progressive, Libtarded, Communist MoFo’s that are currently running this country. Elon is trying to make Twatter a non-biased platform as it was originally intended, and the freedom-hating f**ktards of this nation are trying to destroy him for it.

God bless, Elon…give ‘em hell and force feed ‘em a sh*t sandwich!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11050 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk now saying that $43 billion gets it done; 100%.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Could he not control the company with 51%? Why buy the whole thing? Just because you can?

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
What good news to wake up to on my birthday. Sell the company to him or watch him tank it.

I hope the twatter employees are melting down and considering taking high dives out of their offices.

I'm sure the current administration will try with the full weight of the Just Us Département and the SEC to stop this. probably also a lot of fabricated crap will come out about Musk and Tesla which will require the fbi and every other crooked agency to investigate.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Matt Walsh:

quote:

If Elon Musk buys Twitter, he will be the first African American to own a major social media platform. This is a great day for diversity. Another glass ceiling shattered!

Link

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Could he not control the company with 51%? Why buy the whole thing? Just because you can?

Minority share holders have rights that might thwart Elon’s plans.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

Buy it, take it private, reorg in your time, doing what you want, without federal regulations requiring disclosure of your actions, intentions, business ideas etc.

Then roll it back out with a new IPO with Musk as champion and sell stock, making $150 billion.

Laugh on the way to the bank..

Posts: 23236 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Left is FREAKING today Roll Eyes

They do not want free speech on this platform

Bunch of goddam commies, I hope he pulls this off

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
He’s put them in a tight spot, either he gets it or he walks and that stock tanks so bad it will collapse the company.

Brilliant mofo if you ask me.

I’m sure the blue-hair Alphabet Mafia along with the Biden regime will fight this tooth and nail.

My guess is they will start a new one and take many of the blue checks with them. The media will back them and try to turn it into another MySpace vs FB.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post