SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
Is he a douchebag because he’s just another billionaire, or are there billionaires who aren’t douchebags in your estimation?

-Rob

I'm sure there are billionaires who are not douchbags. Maybe Warren Buffett?

He's on the board for Bloomburg's Everytown / Moms-Demand Gun Control Org.

That in and of itself makes him an asshole in my world.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Musk buys Twitter outright that changes things a lot. Twitter is and always will be a cesspool but at least the resignations/offloading of all the Twitter Commie fucks who are anti free speech will be well worth it. Here's to hoping Musk can pull it off.

Posts: 800 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I enjoy public chaos like this…it will likely be fun to watch.

To add…now I really want it to happen! LOL

Twitter leftists lose it after Elon Musk offers to buy the social media giant: 'I am frightened'

"For democracy to survive, we need more content moderation, not less," said Max Boot

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This is hilarious

Especially the leftofascist looney tunes that are crying "We have to maintain censorship in order to preserve democracy."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
These people are such a joke.

"Oh no! I'm frightened. We have to be able to keep censoring conservatives! What will we do? Democracy!!!"

In the words of Walt Kowalski, "shut up, pussy."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Democracy. They keep saying that word. I don’t think it means what they think it means.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
And say what you want about Musk, but, personally: I gotta give props to a guy with the imagination to launch a Tesla Roadster into space with a space-suited driver, just because he can Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
As long as Musk isn't actively trying to thwart our 2A rights I don't care what his view is.
If he promotes conversations about these topics ~ the truth will come out more.
The truth is that the Second Amendment is the most important right we have.
It is when the truth is stifled that I have the biggest problem.
Musk at least seems to promote free speech, something we used to have in this country. Frown

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Heh, heh, heh. All of the sudden libs want social media content "fairness" heavily regulated by the government.

If Musk buys Twitter, watch for an awful lot of Federal heat to come off of Lizard Boy Zuckerburg. His crime was not using content control at BaseFook aggressively enough to trash the Right and support the Dems. It sounds like they're terrified that Musk may just take the chocks off the tires completely.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Fuckerburg still needs to go to jail for actively funding and facilitating illegal Dem ballot harvesting efforts

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heh, heh, heh. All of the sudden libs want social media content "fairness" heavily regulated by the government.

In the '60's the libs wanted to "live and let live". They railed against "the man". Now, they are "the man"... and they won't leave the rest of us alone. Every one of them has an inner tyrant waiting to break out.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Twitter Shares Tumble After Saudi Shareholders Reject Musk Bid

Update (1200ET): Having surged higher on Musk's initial bid, TWTR shares have now plunged back to earth and erased all the day's gains as investors either a) take profits on Musk-driven spikes, or b) dump the stock in anticipation of the board's rejection and the subsequent liquidation of Musk's holdings...

Saudi Prince Alwaleed just rejected the offer, via Twitter:

"I don't believe that the proposed offer by @elonmusk ($54.20) comes close to the intrinsic value of @Twitter given its growth prospects. Being one of the largest & long-term shareholders of Twitter @Kingdom_KHC & I reject this offer."

The Saudi Prince apparently owns 5.2% of TWTR (since 2015)...

...and just like that, the gains were gone...

We wonder exactly what the "intrinsic value" of TWTR is - according to Alwaleed above?

Of course, there is one winner if Musk's bid fails... "democracy."

As Glenn Greenwald so eloquently noted on Twitter:

"If the success of your political movement, your national ambitions, or your wars, depends upon the need to censor dissent and silence your adversaries, that's a pretty strong indication that you have zero confidence in the beliefs you want to propagate, probably for good reason."

Because, he adds with perfect irony:

"Everyone knows that the evils that grew out of Weimar Germany happened when book burnings stopped and were replaced instead by a commitment to free speech and the free expression of ideas.

One more time: censorship was a weapon used by Nazis and all fascists, not free speech."

https://www.zerohedge.com/mark...y-twitter-5420-share

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Cool

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6214 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Elon to Facebook/Meta... Wink

Not on Twitter but I'm loving this! Big Grin

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Twitter thinking about suicide … the bitter poison pill of dilution

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:

"For democracy to survive, we need more content moderation, not less," said Max Boot

If that cuckservative is against Musk acquiring twitter then I am totally for it.

Posts: 3148 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Cool

Maybe he should just create his own social media platform if he doesn't like it...

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Has to be a joke… No?

Look at Russian-born Max Boot’s name.

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Has to be a joke… No?

Look at Russian-born Max Boot’s name.

But he's signal virtue-ing us with his Ukrainian flag. He must have recently replaced his BLM banner with it...

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post