SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
His trolling mastery is right up there with Trump.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Can you say Khashoggi?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Elon is only in it for the money… but I don’t care.
I’m enjoying the show!
Pass the popcorn!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I’m enjoying the show!
Pass the popcorn!

How do you know his mind? Just curious…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
I’m enjoying the show!
Pass the popcorn!

Yeah, I think it's more than that myself. He's got the dough to say screw this woke shit and really do something about it. And make money at the same time...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ultimate Troll Move: Reinstate Trump's account as first thing on day one (If Musk really does get ownership)

The wailing! The gnashing of teeth! The Autistic Screeching!!! Priceless Big Grin

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Removed for stupidity.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Yeah, I think it's more than that myself. He's got the dough to say screw this woke shit and really do something about it. And make money at the same time...

Fair enough... mixed motives are fine with me.
I'm enjoying the show!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
He's on the board for Bloomburg's Everytown / Moms-Demand Gun Control Org.

That in and of itself makes him an asshole in my world.

Yeah, I'm all for freedom of speech, but I'm in bed with the commie gun grabbers. Nice, isn't it?
This is an Elon Musk thread, and partially quoting a tangent on Warren Buffet could lead people with the wrong impression (i.e. assume it's about Musk not Buffet) if they don't click the link.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Musk said today during his Ted talk that this is not economic for him. He believes the world is safer if the public forum isn’t censored.

~Robert A. Heinlein

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I love seeing Mr. Musk go toe-to-toe with our enemies, domestic and abroad. The "kingdom" of SA, has zero interest in free speech and freedom of people in general.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, I don't think so.

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OcCurt:
quote:

Ultimate Troll Move: Reinstate Trump's account as first thing on day one (If Musk really does get ownership)

The wailing! The gnashing of teeth! The Autistic Screeching!!! Priceless Big Grin
Nah, think bigger. I'd like to see Musk simply state that everyone who has been banned from Twitter for anything short of illegal activities is re-instated effective immediately. That would cause a tidal wave of of severe mental illness and outbursts of insanity by Leftists worldwide. It would be glorious to watch. Smile

For anyone who grasps finance, Musk's bid for Twitter is likely a death blow to the Leftists running and supporting Twitter. There's really no way out for them. If they reject his offer, the sell off of shares will be enormous, the stock will plummet in price, and Musk can buy up whatever he needs at a bargain. End result - Musk owns Twitter. If the nitwits at Twitter accept the offer, end result - Musk owns Twitter. It's almost as if Musk gamed it out to end this way. Wink Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'm enjoying watching the safe space morons freak out.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Elon Musk is in it for Elon Musk. Thats not an insult, its how businessmen become successful.
Hes doing to twitter what he did with crypto. He bought twitter stock in a lull, hes going to drive up the price by generating interest and controlling the narrative. Hes gonna pump the price up and dump his shares, then walk away with more money. Rinse and repeat. This is what hes good at, hell he lives for it. You’re kidding yourself if you think hes doing this to give us back our “freedom of speech”. Thats just how hes selling it, and its working.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Elon Musk is in it for Elon Musk. Thats not an insult, its how businessmen become sucessful.
Hes doing to twitter what he did with crypto. He bought twitter stock in a lull, hes going to drive up the price by generating interest and controlling the narrative. Hes gonna pump the price up and dump his shares, then walk away with more money. Rinse and repeat. This is what hes good at, hell he lives for it. You’re kidding yourself if you think hes doing this to give us back our “freedom of speech”. Thats just how hes selling it, and its working.

How do you know all of this? Have you met him?

I know at least three people who have met/worked directly for him. Where do you divine such keen insight?

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Fuckerburg still needs to go to jail for actively funding and facilitating illegal Dem ballot harvesting efforts

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Elon Musk is in it for Elon Musk. Thats not an insult, its how businessmen become successful.
Might be a good idea to let this play out a bit before we all claim we know exactly what Musk is up to.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

Yeah, I don't think so.

Nor do I. The guy's worth 256 billion. I don't think he gives a shit about the money.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
If he didnt give a shit about money he wouldnt have 256 billion…

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post