SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
No one need be 'kicked off'. Presumably discussion, differences of opinion, even arguments will erupt that used to get anyone but a hardcore lefty suspended or banned.

We all know leftists can't argue or meme. They'll leave in droves. What other echo chamber out there will they choose?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d be curious to know Mr Mulholland’s take on Twitter not banning the Ayatollah “Death to Jews” or Putin or any other assorted pieces of shit around the planet that have actually done some really evil things vs tweet mean words. I’m afraid the irony would be lost on him however.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Early in, nobody really knows. It's all speculation.

Investment potential looks good IF there are policy changes to be more inclusive. That's already reflected as a potential outcome with the price going up.

Another posssibility is to merge with Truth Social. BTW - Musk is putting up Starlink, right? That is a direct uplink which sidesteps a lot of the ground switching and control by groups with policies contrary to 1A goals. That may be an desired goal to amplify free speech.

The response by some employees to leave is their call. It's obviously politically based, as the tweet clearly shows. However, many may well stay as insiders who can channel conversations to outside groups, and that is likely expected. In some organizations, it's deliberate - information leaked to them can be used against opponents, too.

Musk buying into Twitter wasn't seen as a square on the current events bingo card, and this is a potential failure to anticipate by America's internal enemies.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:

It's easy for conservatives to rejoin if they see it headed in the right direction.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

... and All that is necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Don't wrestle with a pig in mud. You'll only get filthy and the pig will enjoy it.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Jack Dorset and the new CEO have welcomed Elon to the board with open arms. Did they really have any other choice? Elon owns more than triple the stake of the company founder.

I was hoping he would stay off the board and harass them with tweets, but looks like he will actually make his moves as an insider now.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/te...s-elon-musk-to-board

the company entered into an agreement with Musk Monday that he will be appointed to the Board of Directors with a term expiring at its 2024 annual meeting of stockholders.

Per the agreement, Musk cannot, either alone or as a member of a group, own more than 14.9% of the company’s common stock while serving as a member of the board and for 90 days after.

Posts: 19569 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
It is interesting to see someone put their money where everyone else's mouth is.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't a big fan of Musk in the past.

I respected the fact that he figured out how to make an electric car people would buy. Make it cool and fast and awesome and sell it to early adopters with money to burn. Replace the BMW or Mercedes with something that can out accelerate most exotic cars. The econobox EV idea didn't sell, and for the most part still doesn't. No one seems to want a Leaf, but they want Teslas.

But the Model S is an aerospace product from a design and manufacturing point of view. When Musk decided to move downmarket with the Model 3, and change over to traditional stamped steel spot welded unibodies, he did it with a "we're smarter than those old Detroit guys" attitude. And most of their engineers were young and recently out of school with no minimal manufacturing experience.

And he learned very quickly that those old Detroit guys know a hell of lot more about building cars cost effectively with automation than anyone else. Tesla made colossal mistakes in trying to implement automation and ended up throwing a lot of it outside and just doing the jobs manually. They have much higher injury and ergo rates for their workers because they are beginners and do not know how to design manual workstations. I was actually expecting them to go bankrupt during the Model 3 launch because it was so badly done.

But along the way Musk learned something very important. Being a manufacturer is a huge difference from being a tech company. And as a manufacturer he sees how much the government works against manufacturing in the US, and especially in California. He's building cars, providing jobs and they said he can't run because of COVID. Add all the regulation and it's damn near impossible to get anything done.

Now he sees how the elites have done everything they can to kill the middle class by selling us out to Mexico first and then to China. He sees how they snub the only successful EV company in the world and favor Government Motors and Ford because of the UAW. And he has more fuck you money than anyone else in history.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not a big follower of Musk, not because of any reason other than I don't care, but I am glad to see he is messing with those who want to ban/censor others with differing opinions.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I would think the wokest of liberals would be happy to hear this news. An African American is the largest shareholder of their favorite platform. How bad can that be?

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Fuckin baller.

He sure pisses off a lot of people I dislike. Just like Trump, tho I don't believe Musk is really conservative unless you compare him to the rabid left. The fact that he isn't a rabid lefty pisses off all of the rabid leftys!

Big Grin

Posts: 5132 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Elon lost 10 BILLION yesterday on his net worth.

Poor guy, maybe someone will start a go fund me page for him.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can he appoint a stand in for his board seat? How glorious would it be if he made Trump his proxy. OMG the meltdown would just awesome.

Posts: 4760 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Apparently satire.

Dorsey and Agrawal have no choice in dealing with Musk. Dorsey sits on the board, but owns far less shares than Musk, and Agrawal as CEO answers to the Board, AFAIK, he is not a board member. And Dorsey stated back when he stepped down that he will leave Twitter in 2024 anyways.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
I hope the libtard snowflakes quit in droves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I heard it debated this morning that the reason Dipshit Dorsey and the current CEO Agrawal welcomed Musk to the board was to limit his ownership in the company to no more than 14%. As only an investor, Musk could have continued acquiring Twitter stock up to and/or beyond the 30% threshold to essentially own Twitter. Face it folks, this leftist garbage is terrified of Musk and what he's up to right now. That alone gives me a very warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I heard it debated this morning that the reason Dipshit Dorsey and the current CEO Agrawal welcomed Musk to the board was to limit his ownership in the company to no more than 14%. As only an investor, Musk could have continued acquiring Twitter stock up to and/or beyond the 30% threshold to essentially own Twitter. Face it folks, this leftist garbage is terrified of Musk and what he's up to right now. That alone gives me a very warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

He can engage in a proxy war easily

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post