SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The torment of it all.

Musk: I'm gonna buy Twitter

Twitter: I don't think so

Musk: No, really, I'm gonna buy you

Twitter: Never!

Musk: OK, y'know what? I'm not going to buy you

Twitter: You can't back out. You said you were going to buy us, now we'll MAKE YOU buy us!

{lawyerslawyerslawyers. threatslawyerslawsuitlawyerswordswords}

Musk: OK, I changed my mind again. I'm gonna buy you.

Twitter:

Excellent summation. Big Grin

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The fuckers at twatter are going full PTSD again. Love it.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"OH NO!! THE DECK IS NOT STACKED 100% IN OUR FAVOR!!!! THIS IS CRIMINAL!! THE FASCISTS ARE TAKING OVER!!!"

Buncha adolescent assholes. Big Grin

Media worries as Elon Musk closes deal to buy Twitter: 'Be afraid, be actually afraid'

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The torment of it all.

Musk: I'm gonna buy Twitter

Twitter: I don't think so

Musk: No, really, I'm gonna buy you

Twitter: Never!

Musk: OK, y'know what? I'm not going to buy you

Twitter: You can't back out. You said you were going to buy us, now we'll MAKE YOU buy us!

{lawyerslawyerslawyers. threatslawyerslawsuitlawyerswordswords}

Musk: OK, I changed my mind again. I'm gonna buy you.

Twitter:

That would make a great tweet....

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Musk Twitter Purchase Back on Table, Unfortunately with Plan for Everything App

The only thing I can do is research and write about it. With an even stronger degree of certainty than originally expressed, and with all of the subsequent data points falling into alignment with the initial suspicions, the background of Jack’s Magic Coffee shop remains unchanged. {Go Deep}

Six weeks ago, the Twitter security ‘whistleblower’ came forward to congress. The whistleblower is a former technology expert who came from within the research farm of DARPA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. Peiter “Mudge” Zatko, is a well-known cybersecurity expert who left government work, entered the public world, and eventually became the head of Twitter security, reporting directly to the CEO. {Go Deep}

According to a recent SEC filing [LINK HERE], Elon Musk is now back to supporting the purchase of Twitter as the first step in creating the “everything app.”

{{{sarcastic voice}}} Gee, what could this be about? I mean what could go wrong?…. We already know the infrastructure of Twitter’s operational database is tied into portals with the Dept of Homeland security {citation}, and now Musk wants to use that central infrastructure to create an all-inclusive “everything app”?

The bigger risk to the surveillance state is discovery that Twitter and the U.S. intelligence community are in a public-private partnership. The Dept of Homeland Security has access by design, not flaw. How the stakeholder media are reporting on the issue shows the nature of the risk, (emphasis mine):

[…] The scathing disclosure, which totals around 200 pages, including supporting exhibits — was sent last month to a number of US government agencies and congressional committees, including the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice. The existence and details of the disclosure have not previously been reported. CNN obtained a copy of the disclosure from a senior Democratic aide on Capitol Hill. The SEC, DOJ and FTC declined to comment; the Senate Intelligence Committee, which received a copy of the report, is taking the disclosure seriously and is setting a meeting to discuss the allegations, according to Rachel Cohen, a committee spokesperson. (link)

How would it damage the U.S. government if previous claims about the Chinese government having access to all user data on TikTok, are shown to be exactly identical to the U.S. government having access to all user data on Twitter?

Let that question settle in for a few moments, because that is exactly what I have been alleging since, well, 2011, when the U.S. State Dept first collaborated with Twitter in a joint public-private partnership to use the platform as a communication tool exploiting the Arab Spring uprising in Egypt, Libya and beyond.

The issue of Jack’s Magic Coffee Shop is an issue of financial viability. The business model of Twitter just doesn’t exist as a free social media discussion platform while running the ultra-expensive data processing system needed for millions of simultaneous users. A global chat that requires exponential database responses as an outcome of simultaneous users is just ridiculously expensive. {Go Deep} However, if the computing system and massive database were being subsidized by the U.S. government, then the viability of the ‘free coffee‘ business model makes sense.

https://theconservativetreehou...ing-app/#more-238303

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Left's laughable new tactic to try and destroy Elon Musk; declare that he's a Russian stooge and accuse him of working directly with Putin:

FFS these people Roll Eyes

quote:

Musk denies he talked to Putin ahead of controversial tweet

BY CHLOE FOLMAR - 10/11/22 1:44 PM ET
The Hill

Tesla CEO Elon Musk is denying claims by Ian Bremmer, president of political risk research firm Eurasia Group, that he spoke to Russian President Vladimir Putin before posting a controversial tweet implying that Ukraine should not retake more land from Russia than it has lost this year.

Musk had a “direct conversation” with Putin about the war, Bremmer wrote in a newsletter on Monday, and is convinced that the Russian dictator will use nuclear weapons against Ukraine if the smaller country does not back down.

Bremmer, a well-known foreign policy analyst, wrote that he had spoken to Musk two weeks ago and that Musk had told him of the conversation with Putin.

But a short time after a news story in Vice News about Bremmer’s newsletter was published, Musk tweeted a denial of the claims.

“I have spoken to Putin only once and that was about 18 months ago. The subject matter was space,” wrote Musk.

Bremmer said Putin told Musk he would accomplish certain goals “no matter what,” including Russia’s continued possession of Crimea, Ukraine’s acceptance of a formal status of neutrality, and Ukraine’s recognition of Putin’s annexations of Luhansk and Donetsk and control of Kherson and Zaporizhzhia.

Putin held widely contested referendums in late September to establish support by the residents of eastern regions of Ukraine for Russia’s annexation of the territory.

According to Bremmer, Musk told him that “everything needed to be done to avoid” a nuclear strike on Ukraine, which Putin allegedly said would occur if Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky invaded Crimea.

The political scientist also accused Musk of disseminating “disinformation” about Ukraine when he said that some eastern regions of Ukraine “have Russian majorities and prefer Russia” and thus might legitimately vote to be annexed by Russia.

Musk added that “most of Ukraine unequivocally wants to be part of Ukraine,” including the areas that Russia invaded.

“I wasn’t planning on writing about this, but now that Tesla/SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has gone public with his views on Russia/Ukraine, it feels important to write about what’s happening,” wrote Bremmer of the claims in his newsletter.

Link

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot: Ukrainian Ambassador to Germany tells Elon Musk to fuck off after absurd tweet about Ukraine

And, by this, I mean the Ukrainian Ambassador. I doubt Ukraine's Tesla business is that big a deal, but those StarLink ground stations and the StarLink service Musk has been providing free of charge have been.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Love it. Every single day my decision to completely ignore or outright dissmiss everything coming from the leftist propaganda machine, is confirmed and upheld by these loud lowlifes and their pathetic dribble.

I got starlink hooked up in August.

It's pretty great.

Posts: 5136 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot: Ukrainian Ambassador to Germany tells Elon Musk to fuck off after absurd tweet about Ukraine

And, by this, I mean the Ukrainian Ambassador. I doubt Ukraine's Tesla business is that big a deal, but those StarLink ground stations and the StarLink service Musk has been providing free of charge have been.

He will bluster, but not actually sever the link.

Be awesome if he did, just to make the point.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.businessinsider.co...riday-report-2022-10

Elon Musk promised to close his $44 billion Twitter purchase by Friday in a video call with the banks helping finance the deal, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday.

The banks, which include Morgan Stanley and Bank of America, are in the process of signing the documents for the debt-financing agreement, multiple people with knowledge of the issue told the publication.

Musk has until the end of the work week to close the deal and avoid a trial. Earlier this month, the Delaware judge overseeing the court case gave the two parties until 5 p.m. ET on October 28 to agree to a new deal or the case will resume in a five-day trial in November.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Elon Musk promised to close his $44 billion Twitter purchase by Friday in a video call with the banks helping finance the deal, Bloomberg reported on Tuesday.
Oooooh, Black Friday.

And then, there's this delicious morsel:

Twitter workers mocked for open letter saying Musk’s Twitter plans ‘threaten our livelihoods’: ‘So entitled'
quote:
Twitter staff have composed an open letter to billionaire tech mogul Elon Musk protesting his plan to fire nearly 75% of the social media company’s employees once he has completed his purchase of the platform.

The letter, which began circulating the internet on Monday, provided a list of demands employees want Musk to follow should he acquire Twitter, chief among them being a demand that he commits to keeping the current the number of employees.

Wait, here's my favorite part. Big Grin
quote:
Other demands include that the Tesla CEO not discriminate against employees based on their political beliefs, commit to "fair" severance policies, and be transparent about the company’s working conditions.

Big Grin

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My day gets brighter, my night, too, every time I read about these maggots going off the deep end.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Apparently he showed up today, and tweeted this:

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Is he stealing a sink?

Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I was about to post that. He said, "Entering Twitter HQ - let that sink in!" Big Grin

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/s...rB8Go4PGh0G1CSVilcow

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Entering Twitter HQ – let that sink in!

He's not that funny, but he's reliable for a head scratcher.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Call security