SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 71
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk buys 73 million shares of Twitter, becomes largest stockholder Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
All the leftists on Twitter today:

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Remember, it's VERY true that whatever the Left is accusing YOU of trying to do, THEY are already doing it. This guy is VERY specific and seems to know waaaaaay too much on this subject to just be talking out his ass:

This is a direct confession of what they have been doing to us since 2012 --- It’s so guilty it’s incredible

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
And NY Post

And Babylon Bee

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
I might actually get a twitter account now.

I might do so, ONLY IF they re-instate President Trump's account.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
And look at this! One day into it and Elon Musk is already bringing positive change to Twitter!

Talcum X deleted his account...BUH BYE! Big Grin

That alone is worth 43 billion dollars.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
I might actually get a twitter account now.
I might do so, ONLY IF they re-instate President Trump's account.
Trump has already publicly stated he'll stick to his own little social media network nobody's using, rather than return to Twitter, regardless: Donald Trump says he won’t return to Twitter if Elon Musk reverses ban

Meanwhile, Musk's acquisition of Twitter has only exacerbated Trump's already-shaky venture's woes: Stock tied to Donald Trump’s social media venture falls 13% as Twitter announces deal with Musk

Heh... from that latter article:
quote:

Trump only posted once on Truth Social since its launch.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
talk about a hypocrit

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2...e-right-idea-n464904

Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey on Monday night called Elon Musk’s $44 billion takeover and privatization of the social media platform the “right path” for the company.

“Elon’s goal of creating a platform that is ‘maximally trusted and broadly inclusive’ is the right one,” Dorsey tweeted. Dorsey also thanked Musk and Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal “for getting the company out of an impossible situation.”

“This is the right path…I believe it with all my heart,” wrote Dorsey, who stepped down as CEO of Twitter in November.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh yeah, thanks Parag you leftist POS

"For all of the massively oversized influence that Twitter has on social issues and politics on a global scale, it’s also a company that has barely managed to turn a profit. And Jack is about to walk away with a payday far above what he could have sold his stock for before Musk came in and blew up everyone’s censorship picnic. What happens to Twitter after this is really not his problem, so why not put on a smile as you waltz to the bank?"

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Two thoughts on Trump:

1. He MAY be saying that now so that the Left can't scream and shout "Look! Musk bought Twitter just so he could put his buddy Trump back on there!" In time, he may go back.

Or

2. He's a little bitter that the rollout of Truth Social has been pretty much a flop and it's predictably become an island of only Trump supporters.

He should come back to Twitter when the time is right and he's invited back but will he? I don't know if his ego will let him.

And I'm still a Trump guy so I'm not trying to knock him, I wish he comes back to the platform that was very effective for him.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
^^ both excellent points there PASig

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Musk is buying Twitter and Everyone losing their minds over this drives a Tesla. There's never been a dumber time to be alive.

Top Tweets
"People who think men can get pregnant are suddenly concerned about misinformation on Twitter."

"Dear Elon, now that you bought Twitter, could you look at buying the Southern Border?"

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
He should come back to Twitter when the time is right and he's invited back but will he? I don't know if his ego will let him.
Should: Yes. Will? Questionable.

Problem is he's now created his own social media platform and insisted he's not coming back to Twitter. So he's unnecessarily limited his options.

quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
And I'm still a Trump guy ...
I am not and never have been "a Trump guy."

I generally approved of the job he did as President, but he had, and has, this unfortunate propensity to go off half-cocked. This is just another such case.

What he should have done was welcomed the news (he did) and said something more like "We'll see. For now I plan to stick with Truth Social. I may also re-join Twitter if I like what I see."

Instead he painted himself into a corner.

Again.

Now, if he re-joins Twitter, it'll pretty much be a tacit admission Truth Social was a bust.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Twitter is where the microphone is. Regardless of what he's saying now I think Trump will step up to it.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Trump is known to change his mind at the drop of a hat. Especially if it suits his purposes.

He will either come up with some affiliate association with Twitter and TRUTHsocial or he will re-join Twitter at some point.

<Justin Wilson> I Guarantee!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!

{satire alert}
quote:

Musk's Twitter Purchase Fails After 138,000 Board Votes Found Overnight

April 26th, 2022 - BabylonBee.com

SAN FRANCISCO, CA—Elon Musk’s bid to purchase Twitter came up short after 138,000 board votes were found at 2 a.m., a company spokesman confirmed Tuesday. Musk had been in talks to purchase the company for $44 billion.

“We really thought Musk was going to pull this one out,” said Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal. “The yes votes had a strong lead when I went to bed last night, but that was before we counted all the mail-in votes that one of our employees found in locker 142 at the bus terminal.”

When the final votes were tallied, the takeover bid failed by a final tally of 10 votes for, 138,000 votes against. While the final result came as a shock to most observers, Agrawal said the election was fair. “Twitter takes election integrity very seriously,” he noted. “I can confidently say this was the most secure election in American history.”

A shocked Musk took to Twitter Tuesday to express his outrage. “Those ballots…that’s a whole big scam,” Musk tweeted. “The only way I could have lost is if this was rigged! I refuse to accept the results of this vote!”

Musk later tweeted that he was planning a demonstration at Twitter headquarters on May 6 to protest the results. His account was then permanently suspended by Twitter for questioning the integrity of the election.

Link

Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
^^ LOL

Posts: 398 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I suppose you think that to be a redeeming quality? Roll Eyes

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I suppose you think that to be a redeeming quality? Roll Eyes
I regard it as neither a redeeming quality nor an "aredeeming" (*) quality Smile

It just means I don't regard Mr. Trump as being the be-all and end-all of anything.

I do believe it to be a redeeming quality not to be so myopic as to believe somebody with whom I generally agree or whom I believe to have done a good job in office can't have flaws and can never be wrong.

(*) Just made that word up, being as there appears to be no antonym for "redeeming," in this context.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The emotional fragility and posturing is simultaneously disgusting and laughable.

Twitter employees distraught over Musk buyout, too 'in shock to speak'

Twitter employees have reportedly struggled with the news that the company is on the verge of being acquired by Tesla CEO Elon Musk with some of them too "shocked" to speak over the billionaire’s plans to promote freedom of speech.

Several Twitter employees expressed serious concerns and fear over Musk’s $44 billion acquisition of the company including a prominent worry that Musk would undo censorship mechanisms they had worked to implement over the years, The Washington Post reported Monday.

In reaction to news of the sale, some employees shared tear-filled emojis and memes of emotional breakdowns. In some cases, employees were "too in shock to speak" about the company’s future.

Twitter held an employee town hall on Monday where management reportedly struggled to adequately answer questions about the company’s view on free speech going forward, future layoffs, and whether Twitter will earn revenue from advertising.

"Totally understand that this is entertainment for some," one Twitter employee tweeted. "But please understand that this is certainly not entertainment for me."

"The news today is so crazy I literally forgot I have COVID," another posted.

The Post added that not every employee it spoke to reacted negatively to the news, including one who expressed "cautious" optimism that Musk would not purchase the company to sink it.

New York Times reporter Talmon Joseph Smith tweeted that the mood inside Twitter HQ is "absolutely insane" with an internal source telling him, "I feel like im going to throw up..I rly don’t wanna work for a company that is owned by Elon Musk."

Musk’s acquisition of Twitter sparked a firestorm this week with conservatives on social media praising the move in hopes that Musk would curb Twitter censorship and liberals threatening to leave the platform while fretting about the possibility of former President Donald Trump being reinstated.

"The news today is so crazy I literally forgot I have COVID"

Genuinely pathetic, and I love how they worked COVID into their victimhood. Grow the fuck up. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The leftists and other TDS sufferers are deranged beyond measure.

Reference the on-line exchange I just related in one of the Trump threads. I run into this kind of nonsense all the time. Usually I just shake my head and walk away, because there's no reasoning with most of these people.

They are not sane. Not in any way I define "sanity," anyway.

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Think about how much power these children at Twitter had and how they are overreacting.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post