SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
So I have been thinking about possible ways the US could ratchet up the heat with plausible deniability and would like the hive’s opinions… Keep in mind this is just someone sitting on the couch but with some access to information from people I know who are actively engaged… Keep in mind this would probably take someone with cajones and we know that Ice Cream Joe doesn’t know which way is up…

1. Russia has, and is using, satellite intel. Do we have a way for these satellites to suddenly go offline? I would certainly hope so. This would help level the playing field so to speak.

2. I have been told by people way smarter than me that we have significant cyber capabilities. Why the f&^k aren’t we using them to completely bring the Russian military communications to a halt?

3. The Turkish have been “loaning” attack drones to the Ukraines. Can we back door them more?

4. As Russia seems to be raising the stakes, particularly in the nuclear theater let me propose a way for Putin to really understand who is the big fish in the pond so to speak. One of the primary roles of our attack submarines is to monitor and track Russian boomers. This has been SOP for decades and we are very good at it. What were to happen if one, or more of their boomers suddenly drops off the map? I realize this is high stakes poker but their subs are not in the best shape and they’ have lost a few over the years…

I realize that I am advocating getting involved, albeit in an underhanded way, in a conflict that we don’t have to but I have a problem when a bully tries to take advantage of a clearly outmatched opponent. People like him need to be put in their place…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6349 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
1. Russia has, and is using, satellite intel. Do we have a way for these satellites to suddenly go offline? I would certainly hope so. This would help level the playing field so to speak.
That would be regarded as an act of war. So, no. Never mind what might happen if they A. Figured it out and B. Counter-struck.

quote:
2. I have been told by people way smarter than me that we have significant cyber capabilities. Why the f&^k aren’t we using them to completely bring the Russian military communications to a halt?
Absolutely not. Not unless they strike first.

The sad truth is they've been at this cyber warfare thing a lot longer than we, and are probably far better at it. Further: As I noted in a previous post: We've been negligent in hardening our cyber defenses--both in the governmental and commercial sectors.

quote:
3. The Turkish have been “loaning” attack drones to the Ukraines. Can we back door them more?
We've already sent them a ton of stuff. No need to "back door" anything.

quote:
4. What were to happen if one, or more of their boomers suddenly drops off the map?
Act of war. Absolutely not!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Just amazing.

Everyone wants to be a reporter until it’s time to do reporter shit.

Reuters announced the CBC was also suspending broadcasting from Moscow.

Why do you ask? Because of the new law that passed giving you 15 years in the gulag for distributing “misinformation”.

Ironic isn’t it? In this country CNN is one of the biggest cheerleaders for punishing people for distributing “misinformation”.

Well what’s the difference here? They aren’t in charge of deciding what is and what is not misinformation in Moscow, that’s what.

What a trash organization filled with trash people.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
What were to happen if one, or more of their boomers suddenly drops off the map? I realize this is high stakes poker but their subs are not in the best shape and they’ have lost a few over the years…

Do you WANT WWIII? Because that's how you start WWIII.

The Sovs always thought we sank K-129 in 1968 (the sub we raised with the Hughes Glomar Explorer) and the Kursk in 2000. It's part of the Russian/Soviet paranoia thing.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21856 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I agree with ol' Patty. Kick Russia out of NATO, dammit!! Mad

Posts: 107839 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Can the US replace Russian gas for EU?

TL : DR no we can't, not enough processing capacity for LNG.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20881 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Excellent news

Posts: 5366 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:

4. As Russia seems to be raising the stakes, particularly in the nuclear theater let me propose a way for Putin to really understand who is the big fish in the pond so to speak. One of the primary roles of our attack submarines is to monitor and track Russian boomers. This has been SOP for decades and we are very good at it. What were to happen if one, or more of their boomers suddenly drops off the map? I realize this is high stakes poker but their subs are not in the best shape and they’ have lost a few over the years…

Russian subs aren't what they used to be. They've sacrificed spending elsewhere in order to keep their missile tech and sub program up to snuff.

https://www.businessinsider.co...s-newest-subs-2021-7

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...major-operation.html

Borei class compared to Ohio class subs:

https://youtu.be/GYb1PXK2AYc

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Excellent news. I need a clue please?

Posts: 17926 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Excellent news

Cousin Eddie?

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
quote:
Excellent news

[IMG][/IMG]

Cousin Eddie?

Harold Ramis and Bill Murray.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20881 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
Stripes.

The EM-40 Assault Truck, or something like that. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21856 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone want to guess the odds that our equipment left in A-stan and being sent to Ukraine end up being used against Israel ?

Posts: 1409 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
^^^^^^^^
Stripes.

The EM-40 Assault Truck, or something like that. . .
EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

How does that benefit the United States?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken226:
quote:
Excellent news

[IMG][/IMG]

Cousin Eddie?

Harold Ramis and Bill Murray.

Don't forget John Candy

Posts: 3478 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Whoa. These "JOURNALISTS!" really could've used that EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle.

WATCH: Sky News reporters ambushed near Kyiv, injuring one of them

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNO...%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2F

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30491 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
cajones

Cojones
quote:
1. Russia has, and is using, satellite intel. Do we have a way for these satellites to suddenly go offline?

At this point we may want the Russians to be less paranoid. Plus we've got satellites of our own up there, and Biden or Peppermint Hattie just made a statement recently indicating that we're sharing intelligence with the Ukrainians, so we may be better off if the US and Russia don't interfere with each others' satellites.
quote:

I'm not sure that we aren't, and apparently the Russians aren't sure about that either. From pictures and reporting it appears that Russian troops are using cell phones and unencrypted walkie-talkies (Baofeng, anyone?) for a lot of communications. They're also using a lot more "dumb" munitions than we might, but that's always been the case.
quote:
3.What were to happen if one, or more of their boomers suddenly drops off the map? I realize this is high stakes poker but their subs are not in the best shape and they’ have lost a few over the years…

I know nothing about submarines, but both we and the Russians seem to have invested pretty heavily into being able to listen to sounds transmitted through water and using that ability to constantly monitor the other side's subs. Please don't think I'm trying to give you a hard time by suggesting that, though - I've been wondering if there isn't some utterly deniable way to sneak a few shots in at their artillery and helicopters.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Whoa. These "JOURNALISTS!" really could've used that EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle.

WATCH: Sky News reporters ambushed near Kyiv, injuring one of them

https://mobile.twitter.com/BNO...%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2F

Bet they needed some new skivvies after that one.

Posts: 20153 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile, was also spotted crossing the Ukraine border...

Posts: 1456 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post