SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 191
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Wheres the United Nations for all of this.
Weren't they chartered to prevent this kind of thing?
We give them all this money and they do nothing with it?
In case you are wondering I am being sarcastic, but maybe I am not.
They have failed to live up to their charter since 1945.
They are a joke and we are the fools as they laugh at us all the way to the bank.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Does the US have the capability to fight a two front war as one poster asked? Yes. However we have neither the national will or the national fortitude to do so.

If we were willing to fight to our full capability though, we could likely clear the skies of anything not US or allied in a week or two.

The US Navy could sink everything not US Navy, everywhere and anywhere, likely in a matter of days and likely with few losses of their own. Russia doesn't really have a navy but what they do have is either small but modern or old and mostly obsolete-in short: targets, nothing more.

A ground war would be a whole 'nother matter though.

Could we invade mainland China? Sure. We could load the entire USMC on everything that we have that floats, bring all our carriers and most of our surface fleet to the Pacific and go ahead and conduct multiple contested amphibious assaults.

But why would we want or need to, even if we were willing to pay the butcher bill? Once China's Navy is sunk and it's Air Force eliminated what threat are they to anybody outside the mainland.

Europe and Russia? Today's Russia is NOT the the Big Red War Machine of yesteryear. Yes they've upgraded their T-series tanks and yes they are very good. The Russian soldier is as tough as they come. They are still not in our league. And without any air cover the USAF is going to be killing Russian ground forces in job lots. Think Desert Storm redux.

And it's all mental masturbation. As I said at the start we have neither the will to go to war nor the fortitude to see it through-not for real. Certainly not with this current administration.

Russia is going to invade Ukraine and they are going to do it with little trouble and probably not much in the way of losses.

China is not going to invade Taiwan. They probably don't actually have the air and sealift capabilities to to successfully pull off multiple contested amphibious assaults. Taiwan has been preparing for a long, long time. Even if they could pull it off they would destroy the very infrastructure, industrial and technology manufacturing capabilities that Chana wants.

Talk about sticking your dick in a hornet's nest.

I do see China doing something like a blockade at some point. Nothing goes in or out of Taiwan by sea or air. How that would work out is anybody's guess. Personally, with this current administration, I think China could shoot down a civilian airliner, or sink a neutral flagged merchant ship trying to violate such a blockade, and we would do nothing, save more rhetoric.

Interesting times we live in.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
As an old cold war veteran who remembers when we had a real army with heavy divisions, I hope to God we don't. Of course we have great equipment but so did the Germans, but quantity has its own quality. Watched this parade from last year and boy does it remind me of film footage from the 30's. Fast forward to the 35 min mark to watch their units pass in review.

Russian Victory Parade

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I also put this in the Biden thread.

Here we go. Ramping up.

Biden weighs sending thousands of troops to counter Russia. Biden has been briefed on the possibility of sending 3,000-5,000 troops

President Biden is considering sending a few thousand troops to Eastern Europe and the Baltic states as part of a broader NATO effort to bolster NATO allies that border Russia and Ukraine, given recent tensions, Fox News confirms.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ps-to-counter-russia

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Isn't it already a little bit too late, and isn't Ukraine just a little to physically small, for us to rely on a tripwire?

Oh, and if the Russians trip the wire, does Uncah Ho actually have the guts to order the "tripwire" to open fire rather than surrender? The Russians relied pretty heavily on Ukrainian hesitation to grab Crimea, and it did pay off.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can count on one thing to a certainty- whatever President Two Scoops does will be the worst possible move he can make. I've never seen this drooling halfwit get anything right. It's the truth. I cannot recall even one single time when this asshole made the right decision.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, I could see this old fool, or worse yet, his handlers, creating a “war” environment so that he could push his failing BS agenda under the War Powers Act.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing a list of all of Bidens diplomatic blunders since he has been in Politics, I wish I could find it again, it was mind boggling how he was wrong on everything everytime.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
Yep, I could see this old fool, or worse yet, his handlers, creating a “war” environment so that he could push his failing BS agenda under the War Powers Act.
"If" he does, he's history. There is virtually no one outside of Washington who will support 'any' US military antics in Ukraine. And coming on the heals of his monumental F-up in A-stan, the American public wants nothing to do with any more far away wars. 'If' this retard and his cabal of morons throw the US into a confrontation with Russia, it will be for the express purpose of damaging/destroying the US.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The US getting into Ukraine and dying US soldiers will be the thing that POTATUS impeached. Americans are tired of constant wars and our boys dying overseas.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The politicians never get bloodied, just send off your child to clean up their big shot ideas.
Send in the politicians, see how they like hunting and being hunted.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
With family living 60 KM from the border I have been watching this closely.

Putin does not want Ukraine, even if most of the eastern population would rather live in Russia then the current Ukraine.

To see why Putin is so pissed you have to look at the "agreements" made when the CCCP fell and the more current "color" revolutions.

Nato agreed to not include the countries from the former CCCP in Nato, well that agreement was broken and this may not have been a hug issue exept..

The US / Soro's color revolutions.....these made Putin very nervous....with the latest in K-stan being put down fairly quickly. Putin will / can not let them continue so he wants a buffer zone...similar to the DMZ.

As mentioned above Putin does not want Ukraine, he has sponsored the war in Donesk to keep the west off balance. That being said he cannot pull back after putting 50+ BCTs in the field and publicly drawing his red line.

remember Crimea? One of the best military actions in the last 50 years....like Putin or not he pulled off the annexation quickly and quietly.

If Putin feels he has no choice he will make life very difficult for the Ukrainians, he has the military power to at least push to Kiev but not beyond that...especially since western Ukraine is not fond of the Russians.

We are in discussions with my in-laws in Kharkiv regarding what happens if the balloon goes up, I do not believe that the Russians will go Grozny on the cities unless the Ukrainian military takes to the cities to slow the Russians down.

I do believe we will see a massive net based attack, along with Spetznatz attacks at critical infrastructure. Basically turning of the lights, heat, net in all of the eastern Ukraine.

None of this would have happened if the damned Maidan bullshit had not happened, see above re: color revolutions. We stuck our nose where it did not belong and now so are trying to use that as a reason to go to war....

tail wagging the dog anyone?

Biden has promised an answer ...in writing, to Putin but has asked that their answer not be publicized....I figure that means Biden is getting ready to let Putin have at least the eastern Ukraine in Russia's "sphere of influence".

I hope that is the case.....Kharkiv was traded 3 times during WW2 and each time it was very bloody....watch videos on Grozny, especially the 2nd battle, or the taking of the Donetsk airport....it will be very ugly.

My office in downtown Kharkiv had 1 meter thick walls....I would not want to do MOUT in Kharkiv.

In thinking about evacuating eastern Ukraine I do not see an easy route, Kiev is only 5-6 hours away but there are not main good routes and trains and airplanes would be shut down.

Sorry for the brain dump.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I seriously doubt we are going to send troops to the Ukraine.

We mostly likely will send troops and aircraft to the Baltics and Poland as a deterrent to Uncle Vlad rolling into those NATO countries.

The truth is, short of an all-out war with Russia, there is not much we can do to stop them in the Ukraine.

Ukraine is their backyard. They have Ukraine surrounded on three sides. There are Russian sympathizers in the Ukrainian military.

I'm not sure what we could do honestly. As others have mentioned, it's not like we have large armored units ready to go on the offense over there.

The mostly likely game plan for Russia here is regime change. They will want a pro-Russian government in Kiev.

They will mostly likely get what they want.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good perspective -- thanks for sharing

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

Putin does not want Ukraine, even if most of the eastern population would rather live in Russia then the current Ukraine.

To see why Putin is so pissed you have to look at the "agreements" made when the CCCP fell and the more current "color" revolutions.

Nato agreed to not include the countries from the former CCCP in Nato, well that agreement was broken and this may not have been a hug issue exept..

The US / Soro's color revolutions.....these made Putin very nervous....with the latest in K-stan being put down fairly quickly. Putin will / can not let them continue so he wants a buffer zone...similar to the DMZ.

As mentioned above Putin does not want Ukraine, he has sponsored the war in Donesk to keep the west off balance. That being said he cannot pull back after putting 50+ BCTs in the field and publicly drawing his red line.

remember Crimea? One of the best military actions in the last 50 years....like Putin or not he pulled off the annexation quickly and quietly.

If Putin feels he has no choice he will make life very difficult for the Ukrainians, he has the military power to at least push to Kiev but not beyond that...especially since western Ukraine is not fond of the Russians.

We are in discussions with my in-laws in Kharkiv regarding what happens if the balloon goes up, I do not believe that the Russians will go Grozny on the cities unless the Ukrainian military takes to the cities to slow the Russians down.

I do believe we will see a massive net based attack, along with Spetznatz attacks at critical infrastructure. Basically turning of the lights, heat, net in all of the eastern Ukraine.

None of this would have happened if the damned Maidan bullshit had not happened, see above re: color revolutions. We stuck our nose where it did not belong and now so are trying to use that as a reason to go to war....

Biden has promised an answer ...in writing, to Putin but has asked that their answer not be publicized....I figure that means Biden is getting ready to let Putin have at least the eastern Ukraine in Russia's "sphere of influence".

I hope that is the case.....Kharkiv was traded 3 times during WW2 and each time it was very bloody....

My office in downtown Kharkiv had 1 meter thick walls....I would not want to do MOUT in Kharkiv.

In thinking about evacuating eastern Ukraine I do not see an easy route, Kiev is only 5-6 hours away but there are not main good routes and trains and airplanes would be shut down.

This was a very good post. Don't be sorry about it.

I hope you find a way out of Kharkiv.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
For those interested check out S2 Underground on youtube....good reporting of what is known without the political BS.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Brain Dump? Don't be sorry...Some of the most intelligent analysis of what's happening ther (and why) I've heard yet!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmo952:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

I hope that is the case.....Kharkiv was traded 3 times during WW2 and each time it was very bloody....

This was a very good post. Don't be sorry about it.

I hope you find a way out of Kharkiv.

My family straddles South-Eastern Poland and Western Ukraine.

I don't see Putin trying to occupy Western Ukraine. That would be messy and spark an insurgency. As you stated, anti-Russian feeling are deep there with a long history.

I believe Putin will attempt to force regime change in Kiev and probably look to attrit Ukrainian military capability.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The response that is missing, even more than Biden? Where are the Europeans, NATO countries, that we are supposedly protecting?
A few of the smaller ones have sent a token force, since they are small themselves, but what about the major countries?
There seems to be complete silence from Germany, France, UK and others that have a much larger immediate stake in this then the US.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Is Ukraine blackmailing Biden into a losing WW3?

Disaster for America will come, and quickly, unless Biden stops the hurtling war-train. Except Ukraine may have a hold on him. Op-ed.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/320983

Halfway through reading this I had to go back see who published it. Holy shit what a hilarious, history ignoring jumble of trash.

Posts: 9956 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post