SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 191
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Right now Russia's getting bled dry in Europe

WE are getting bled dry in Europe.

I have no words that will make you see it, but this isn’t our fight. If/when we do get involved with China, let’s deal with all of the problems that comes with it. If that includes Russia, so be it, but god damn it, quit acting like getting mired with proxy wars is beneficial to the US. It helps nobody but the fucking Chinese!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I see this movie playing in my head…

External view of a solid, imposing building in Geneva, Switzerland. Inside the building huge wooden doors lie at the end of an grand hallway.

American President Joe Biden, Ukrainian President Zelensky and Soviet President Putin stand quietly and wait as the massive doors swing open.

They enter the meeting room and the doors swing softly shut. The room is now completely silent.
They sit.

Zelensky looks at Putin and says “You bastard!”…

Putin looks at Zelensky and begins to chuckle, then laughs uproariously. Zelensky begins laughing as well.

Biden looks confused for several moments, but soon, he too begins to laugh.

The heads of the US CIA and FBI listening through the bug in the table arrangement both begin to laugh.

Hunter Biden, sitting behind them, also laughs and slaps CIA Director Burns on the back.

Soon, everyone is laughing.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All China has to do is stop sending medicines. That will teach us

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
This will not end well.

Signed,
Me.

How many of you understand what this European shit means to us?

How many of you have been in a tank that got schwacked? I love the M1 Abrams. Took a lot of my friends home.

Spent the better part of my life fixing them and making sure they got home.

I'm done with that shit. The Navy can enjoy their recruitment.

Shit, I sound like my hippie aunt. (Who I love by the way)

Keep us out of foreign wars.

Focus on America.

Sigh. Makes me irritated.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

That is 100% true. If China turns off pharmaceuticals, India couldn't pick up the slack and Americans will start dying very quickly. Let the pharmaceutical dependency we have on China and India sink in for a minute or two. That is fucked up and we need to wean ourselves starting yesterday. Rant Complete.

Posts: 7557 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

If Biden doesn’t want to defend us, ‘he shouldn’t be president’

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Judgment day: Hunter Biden money laundering revelations go beyond Joe, Fitton says

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ The committee hearing is supposed to be tomorrow, isn't it?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
That comment at the end ".... will the voters really care about it" was sort of telling.

If Trump looked at some one the wrong way the left was spooling up impeachment proceedings and it was in front of the country 24/7.

It is how or if the media covers it that influences whether the voters care or not.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37960 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Listen to this twit telling Americans about making payments as they shuffle to put blame on the congress for not raising the debt ceiling in order for Buyden to keep spending....

https://twitter.com/realDailyW...984976561569794?s=20

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:

That is 100% true. If China turns off pharmaceuticals, India couldn't pick up the slack and Americans will start dying very quickly. Let the pharmaceutical dependency we have on China and India sink in for a minute or two. That is fucked up and we need to wean ourselves starting yesterday. Rant Complete.

Been saying that for years.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Yesterday Robert Kennedy, Jr. explained the Proxy War at some length in a video clip. It was fascinating, since at least 20% of democrats will admit to favoring RFK over Joe Biden, suggesting that democrat support for the Proxy War might be sagging.

Anyway, RFK explained how the U.S.’s “assistance” to Ukraine wasn’t actually helping the Ukrainians — just the opposite. RFK feels that we’re just propping them up for the Russians to use for Slavic target dummies, while hoping that the Russians will expend all their bullets and missiles and stuff.

RFK explained:

That’s what Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said in 2022, our objective is to exhaust and degrade Russian forces so they cannot fight anywhere else. President Biden acknowledged that one of his objectives in the war was regime change in Russia and removing Vladimir Putin. If those are the objectives, that is the opposite of a humanitarian mission. That is a mission to maximize casualties to prolong the war. It’s essentially a war of attrition, and that’s what we are seeing, and the brunt of this is being paid by the flower of Ukrainian youth.…

What we’re doing in Ukraine is not good for the Ukrainian people. We have killed 300,000 Ukrainian troops and 14,000 civilians in a neocon geopolitical machination - in our own plot to try to get rid of Putin and exhaust the Russian army - and we’re sacrificing the Ukrainian people in that vanity.

We’ll fight the Russians to the last Ukrainian. Kennedy seems to be saying that we’re sacrificing a generation of Ukrainians — more or less all their childbearing-aged males — so that the U.S. Neo-cons can weaken Russia, Russia, Russia.

Here’s the full clip (14 minutes), but you can read it instead, the tweet reprints the entire transcript:

https://twitter.com/KanekoaThe.../1656052346215108614

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'll bite - how have WE "killed" 300,000 Ukrainians in a war that Putin launched without provocation and has refused to end by negotiations? That's just silly.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
300,000 dead Ukrainians and not even the whisper of a peace process or ceasefire...It's almost like the west wants this to continue.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll bite - how have WE "killed" 300,000 Ukrainians in a war that Putin launched without provocation and has refused to end by negotiations? That's just silly.

Let's not forget that junior is a whacko. He's pulling numbers out of his ass.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:

By funding it aggressively, and depleting our once ample weapons stockpiles at an extraordinary rate, while at the same dissuading any talk(s) re: the pursuit of peace...You know, as long as it takes, whatever it costs!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

We’ll fight the Russians to the last Ukrainian.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
300,000 dead Ukrainians and not even the whisper of a peace process or ceasefire...It's almost like the west wants this to continue.

That requires two sides that want peace. Any less is called surrender, and I don't think Ukraine would do that even if we weren't giving them supplies.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

We’ll fight the Russians to the last Ukrainian.

DanH is right. The Ukrainians are already fighting the Russians because the Russians attacked them. We had nothing to do with that decision - in fact, the best Uncah Ho could do was offer the existing Ukrainian government a ride out of the country and into exile.

Nor does it do any good to claim that either the Ukrainians or the West are prolonging this war. The Russians have been approached multiple times about peace talks, including by the closest thing they have to allies, the Communist Chinese, and have consistently replied that peace talks will only be possible when Ukraine has voluntarily submitted to Russian domination and, eventually, absorption. IOW, the only way the Russians will talk peace is if they're gifted a victory in a war they manifestly cannot win.

There's no logical way anyone could actually fall for the spin coming out of a long-shot Democratic presidential candidate's mouth here, and no logical reason why anyone should - unless they happen to be voting in the Democratic primary. Somehow I don't see anyone here fitting into that category.

This notion that WE killed 300,000 Ukrainians or even bear any real responsibility for their being killed is utter nonsense.

Incidentally, I can't find a source for that 300,000 number any more than Gustofer could. Does anyone else here have a source for that number that they can cite so that the rest of us can go see who said it and what they actually said?

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Have your asked he Ukrainians what's good for the Ukrainian people? I think it's a bit presumptuous to speak for them. And given the fact that they're fighting like hellions, I'm betting they feel the war is worthwhile. Given that, I have no problem with the decision to supply them, and to continue to do so.

As far as drawing down our stocks, those weapons were largely built to fight first the Soviet Union, and now post Soviet, Putin controlled Russia. They're doing so, in the hands of the Ukrainians, without American service members lives being lost. If Putin had gotten a walkover, we likely would have to put our forces on the line in Poland and Romania at some point.

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

<snip>

What we’re doing in Ukraine is not good for the Ukrainian people. We have killed 300,000 Ukrainian troops and 14,000 civilians in a neocon geopolitical machination - in our own plot to try to get rid of Putin and exhaust the Russian army - and we’re sacrificing the Ukrainian people in that vanity.

We’ll fight the Russians to the last Ukrainian. Kennedy seems to be saying that we’re sacrificing a generation of Ukrainians — more or less all their childbearing-aged males — so that the U.S. Neo-cons can weaken Russia, Russia, Russia.

<snip>

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post