SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fake white hate crimes
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake white hate crimes Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
That would be an unmitigated PR disaster for their unnecessary organization.

You would think so, but somehow, he was nominated. Incredible

Posts: 13600 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Smollett has been cut from Empire and I'm starting think he might become a bit of a pariah over this whole debacle.

Hopefully the Feds put his ass in prison for a couple years and don't punt.

Link? My understanding is that the last episodes for the year he was out, but it was unclear if he has been terminated from production.

You are right. He was cut from the final episodes of the season, but it's unclear if he's cut from the show. The show itself may not be renewed actually, it's on the bubble.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
That would be an unmitigated PR disaster for their unnecessary organization.
You would think so, but somehow, he was nominated. Incredible
He was nominated before he pulled his lying bullshit.

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dont know if this was posted already:

Open letter from the Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association regarding this case.

http://www.ilpba.org/announcem...XpBo0SHSUDM5zYKzan34

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
The Jussie Smollett effect: Illinois seeking tax penalty for actor's future employers

Illinois State Rep Opens a New Window. . Michael McAuliffe, a Republican, wants to impose legislation that would punish any film company that does business with “Empire” actor Opens a New Window. Jussie Smollett.

Under the bill, any television or movie production company that employs the actor would forfeit tax credits awarded by the state.

“A lot of valuable Chicago Police Department (CPD) man hours and resources were wasted chasing down a bogus crime arranged by Smollett,” Rep. McAuliffe said. “Hate crimes are serious and so is the time and effort of the CPD. He has cost Chicago a lot more than a $10,000 bond. Smollett should not be able to get anything more from the City of Chicago or Illinois.”

According to McAuliffe’s office, Illinois offers a 30 percent Film Tax Credit, with the prospect of an additional bonus of 15 percent on labor expenditures in high-poverty areas.

Smollett was written out of “Empire,” which films in Chicago – a city represented by McAuliffe.

Smollett was indicted earlier this months on 16 felony counts for allegedly staging a hate crime against himself. He pleaded not guilty to all counts.

The charges were dropped on Tuesday, angering local politicians and prosecutors as many questions remain unanswered. He forfeited $10,000 in bond money.

Chicago officials sent a letter to Smollett this week, ordering him to repay $130,000 to cover the cost of the investigation into his report.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/fe...g-tax-credit-penalty

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only dead fish
go with the flow
Picture of pessimist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
The Jussie Smollett effect: Illinois seeking tax penalty for actor's future employers

A liberal's solution to every problem: tax somebody.

Posts: 1517 | Registered: March 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
Illinois State Rep Opens a New Window. . Michael McAuliffe, a Republican, wants to impose legislation that would punish any film company that does business with “Empire” actor Opens a New Window. Jussie Smollett.

Under the bill, any television or movie production company that employs the actor would forfeit tax credits awarded by the state.

That's likely to be viewed by the courts as a bill of attainder, which is prohibited under the US Constitution (Article 1, section 9).

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
When I heard that all charges were dropped I knew the fix was in. I also knew that things did not get better for Jussie. They will get worse.....much worse. He will be sorry he rubbed this in our faces. Most people of all races are fair minded. When they learn what happened and how fishy he has been, they know he fabricated this event and lied to their faces. Now he rubs their faces in it. Nobody likes that. It is the act of a narcissist and they will ostracize him. When a performer is ignored he has lost his stock in trade. I would not be surprised to see him delivering pizzas at 50.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5916 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Breaking News!
"Elizabeth Warren Claims Two Men In Colonial Outfits Assaulted Her With Smallpox-Infested Blankets"
Linky Big Grin

Posts: 7490 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:

That's a quick read and highlights the 6 or so impressions of Prosecutorial Misconduct.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13499 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:

That's a quick read and highlights the 6 or so impressions of Prosecutorial Misconduct.

So where do we go from here? Is Smollets case still considered adjudicated or not, given the intentional mishandling of it? Can it therefore be reinstated? Does that dishonest bitch Foxx get disbarred and fired for failing to uphold her oaths as a states attorney?

This letter is interesting and sheds light on what occurred, but what does it really mean?

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Double Loser

Lost the award, lost his nerve.

Posts: 109167 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Ouch. Beaten up again. He needs some milk...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
He is a pariah. Insisting that he was innocent long after it was proven he was lying turned everybody off, even those disposed to defend him. Saying crap like, "I would not be my mother's son if I could do what I'm accused of doing." In a weird, boomerang way, he is blaming his mother! Because he did what he is accused of doing. So, he apparently had the wrong kind of mother, a bad mother, one whose son is capable of deceit, treachery, (he almost started a race war), and lying through his teeth. If he only had a better mother!

Michelle got the charges dropped, but that was actually no favor at all. It only redoubled the contempt in which he is held by almost everyone.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Double Loser

Lost the award, lost his nerve.

A funny character was Ted Baxter on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Every year, Ted dreamed of winning the Minneapolis Journalist of the Year award. One year, he wasn't even nominated, but he was asked to present an award. He didn't even want to go since he was sure not to win anything, but his friends and associates talked him into it. When he presented the award, he was absolutely lack-luster about it, and even showed surprise when he read the contents of the envelope and discovered who had won.

That scene was funny because Ted is a fictitious character, and we Americans expect adults to be capable of being happy for others when they achieve - even if we don't. It's called having maturity and class.

Smelllet? NO maturity. NO class. Just a baby's outlook on life with absolutely no class or objectivity. Sheesh - what an absolute loser.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10863 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/entert...hell-was-he-thinking

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait for the turd Smollet to triple down (or or we up to quadruple down?) and defend himself as the victim again.

When the entire black Hollywood community is openly laughing at you being ridiculed by Chris Rock, it’s ptetty clear that the only one left that believes the lie is yourself. We might yet see the piece of shit hanging from an extension cord in a closet.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
One of the youtube comments- "Never tell Chris Rock what not to say" Big Grin

It is not difficult to see that many in that room don't believe for a second that Smollett was truly innocent. Getting made fun of at the NAACP Awards show by Chris Rock is not exactly a vote of confidence.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5916 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post