SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fake white hate crimes
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake white hate crimes Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Talk about missing the point:

Dog the Bounty Hunter defends Jussie Smollett, Lori Loughlin, says criminal justice system is 'unfair'

Shit, man, everybody already knows that you're a clueless redneck. You don't need to advertise it.

"a crime that didn't really have a victim"? You clueless bastard. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109157 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dog the Bounty Hunter. Yeah he did not impress me as being extremely intelligent, even in his chosen field. I would like to see him on a serious program like Face the Nation or Nightline debating Alan Dershowitz.

Posts: 17528 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Dog the Bounty Hunter. Yeah he did not impress me as being extremely intelligent, even in his chosen field. I would like to see him on a serious program like Face the Nation or Nightline.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10859 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

"a crime that didn't really have a victim"? You clueless bastard. Roll Eyes

Yeah, tell that to a friend of mine who got over a year in federal prison for being passed an insider stock tip.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Nothing surprising about this. As disgusting and wrong-headed as it is, it's about as predictable as the sun coming up in the east. Her constituents will love her for her support.

Maxine Waters says it was 'correct thing' for Jussie Smollett charges to be dropped

The decision to drop charges against “Empire” star Jussie Smollett may have stoked controversy in Chicago, but the actor still has the backing of a prominent California Democrat.

U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., was honored over the weekend at the NAACP Image Awards, where Smollett was also nominated -- but lost -- for best-supporting actor in a television drama for his role as Jamal Lyon on the Fox series. He was edged out by "Grey's Anatomy" star Jesse Williams.

In an interview with "Extra," Waters said it was the "correct thing" for prosecutors to dismiss all 16 felony counts against Smollett, who is black and gay. The "Empire" actor was accused of faking a racist, anti-gay attack on himself in January. Authorities said that in return for the charges being dropped, Smollett agreed to forfeit the $10,000 he put up to get out of jail and completed community service.

"First of all, we probably will never know all of the details," Waters told "Extra." "We’ve heard a lot of information. No one was hurt — that is, physically, killed, shot — he never committed a crime before, he forfeited the bail and it’s this kind of situation where they close the case all over the country every day. I have learned this isn't unusual."

Waters, the Democratic chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee, said the case received a lot of attention because Smollett is "An extremely talented man who people have come to love because he is on TV."

"I’m hopeful that he will go on with his career and be successful," she said.

Even though he lost this time, Smollett has been nominated for four years in a row and won in 2017.

The surprise decision to drop charges on last week, followed by Smollett's claims of innocence, prompted an immediate rebuke from Chicago's mayor and police superintendent. After an intense public backlash, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx said Friday night that she is open to an outside investigation into her office’s dramatic decision to dismiss all charges against Smollett.

Dueling rallies were also held on Monday over the decision by Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx's office to drop charges.

Waters told "Extra" she had not spoken to Smollett since the charges were dropped, but hinted the two may be in for a reunion soon.

“I would love to see him, and I am looking forward to seeing him very soon," she said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...harges-to-be-dropped

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Waters said it was the "correct thing" for prosecutors to dismiss all 16 felony counts against Smollett
Coming from her, that means so much. Roll Eyes

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2163 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
If as a rule you reverse everything Maxine Waters says, you will be correct almost 100% of the time. If Maxine says it's true, it's a lie; if she says it's a a lie, it's true; if she says it's right, it's wrong; if she says it's wrong, it's right. If she told me, personally, that it was a beautiful day outside, I'd go get my umbrella.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5916 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why do they always hitch their horse to the wrong wagon?

Posts: 5795 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...-black-woman-n990266

Former federal prosecutor Lori Lightfoot defeated Toni Preckwinkle in a runoff for Chicago mayor Tuesday. She will be the first openly gay person and first black woman to lead the city.

Lightfoot, 56, who was an assistant U.S. attorney before she entered private practice, has never held elective office before.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guess we will see if this changes the city's position re Smollett.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...-black-woman-n990266

Former federal prosecutor Lori Lightfoot defeated Toni Preckwinkle in a runoff for Chicago mayor Tuesday. She will be the first openly gay person and first black woman to lead the city.

Lightfoot, 56, who was an assistant U.S. attorney before she entered private practice, has never held elective office before.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guess we will see if this changes the city's position re Smollett.

Won't change a thing on the local side. The COOK COUNTY States Attorney dropped the charges. The Mayor of the City of Chicago (technically) has nothing to do with it. Especially when Toni Prickwinkle, is the Cook County board president.

Hopefully the Feds will pick up the ball and run with it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Why do they always hitch their horse to the wrong wagon?

Aawwww, come on Man! Who wouldn't want Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Maxine Watters and Dog the Bountyhunter in your corner!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8548 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tim nails it

Posts: 109157 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Big floppy clown shoes. Couldn't be a bigger fiasco if they tried. I would like to know the legal theory they can force someone who has not been convicted of a crime to pay for an investigation (unless he signed some sort of agreement, which his lawyers claim he did not).

https://variety.com/2019/biz/n...e-empire-1203181373/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.chicagotribune.com...-20190404-story.html

Yeah, now we finna SUE you jucie!

Bamma, I can see a judge saying “go pound sand” real quick on this one! The ramifications on this whole case are pretty shitty.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
To echo Bama: If Smollett had been tried and convicted, would the city have gone after him for these police OT hours? Since the charges were dropped and Smollett is maintaining his innocence, what grounds do the city have to recover these damages?

Year V

Posts: 2674 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yup. Last I checked, being a blithering, moronic, dolt of an asshole isn't against the law. Still...the situation stinks like a whore house at low tide.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Geragos Ltr to Chicago responding to demand to repay police costs

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Reinstate the charges and roast him

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38243 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.chicagotribune.com...html#nt=oft13a-11gp1

Oh, now he "won't be intimidated"!
Well, he wasn't intimidated to begin with.

And he "wants this over and move on with his life..."
Sorry, fuck-o. That's not the way things work. You sought attention. Well, you got it! It's ATTENTION! You don't get to choose if it's good or bad, or when to turn it off. You wanted it, now you got it. Much like the idiot with the pink hair- just don't get mad when people laugh.

Now it's the waiting game. The mayor and the police superintendent are outta here in about a week and a half. I doubt that Lightfoot will do anything. This will unfortunately die in a little while.