SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fake white hate crimes
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake white hate crimes Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
In case you missed it, the Postal Inspector investigation is still ongoing.

That could be the real gem right there. Wink

This is proof that just because someone is 'successful' doesn't mean they are remotely smart.

Most teens out there could look at this plan and say "Ah, this isn't very smart, there are so many ways we could get caught doing this....".

The only rub being that he sent the letter to himself.
Highly unlikely there is any Federal Statute in regard to sending threats to oneself and he barely spoke to CPD so I am going to guess he spoke to no Federal agents to be charged with providing false statements to a federal agent.

I did not think much would happen to him on the local level but the CPD was pretty pointed in his press conference. I was quite surprised so I may be eating crow on that thought.

I don't believe the law differentiates between threatening yourself or another.

https://postalinspectors.uspis...atening-letters.html

He could get 5 years.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/876

Both links you provide specifically state the threat or extortion attempt must be directed at ANOTHER person.

quote:
Threats are communicated attempts to inflict harm, fear, or some form of loss on another individual.

quote:
addressed to any other person and containing any threat to injure the property or reputation of the addressee or of another

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Highly unlikely there is any Federal Statute in regard to sending threats to oneself and he barely spoke to CPD so I am going to guess he spoke to no Federal agents to be charged with providing false statements to a federal agent.

I did not think much would happen to him on the local level but the CPD was pretty pointed in his press conference. I was quite surprised so I may be eating crow on that thought.

The one thing that might be the rub is that he sent the letter with a "white powder substance", without a doubt meant to mimic something sinister and dangerous. Don't know how the USPS feel about this.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is proof that just because someone is 'successful' doesn't mean they are remotely smart.

Most teens out there could look at this plan and say "Ah, this isn't very smart, there are so many ways we could get caught doing this....".

He could get 5 years.

And he didn't mail it to his home address. He mailed this white powdered laced letter to the studio or office building where he worked or something like that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Black92LX
Raised Hands Surround Us

posted February 21, 2019 06:44 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That could be the real gem right there.

He could get 5 years.

Both links you provide specifically state the threat or extortion attempt must be directed at ANOTHER person

Except for a psychosis like Multiple Personality Disorder, it doesn't make any sense at all to send a threatening letter to yourself. But that is not the point of Jusse's letter. He was trying to alarm others, to whom he showed the letter. That was the intent of the letter: to spread alarm and fear to others that he, Jusse Smollett, would be killed by some racist, homophobic, madman.

I repeat: he was spreading alarm and fear, and using the US Mail to do so.

The lad is going to the slammer.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

He could get 5 years.

And he didn't mail it to his home address. He mailed this white powdered laced letter to the studio or office building where he worked or something like that.

But pretty sure he was still the addressee even though it was to the studio.

And I am not sure just mailing a white substance is unlawful.
Everything in the statutes I can find all specifically state that the threats, extortions, coercions, negative effects of reputations all must be towards another individual.

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see this guy get every charge possible.
But not sure anywhere is it Criminal to threaten yourself.

Threatening to harm yourself as in suicide falls under some sort of mental/emergency detention. But this is not the case here.
Sending a letter to yourself pretending someone else is going to hurt you is not the same. There is no true threat or fear involved which many states require and the feds require according to the link above.

And it was certainly not a true threat.

quote:
For instance, Federal law criminalizes specific true threats that are transmitted via the U.S. mail or in interstate commerce.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decided to save my energy

Posts: 5203 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Black92LX
Raised Hands Surround Us

posted February 21, 2019 06:44 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That could be the real gem right there.

He could get 5 years.

Both links you provide specifically state the threat or extortion attempt must be directed at ANOTHER person

Except for a psychosis like Multiple Personality Disorder, it doesn't make any sense at all to send a threatening letter to yourself. But that is not the point of Jusse's letter. He was trying to alarm others, to whom he showed the letter. That was the intent of the letter: to spread alarm and fear to others that he, Jusse Smollett, would be killed by some racist, homophobic, madman.

I repeat: he was spreading alarm and fear, and using the US Mail to do so.

The lad is going to the slammer.

I think what you meant to say is, there's no doubt he should go to the slammer.

But, what you're not taking into consideration is the fact that he is protected by TWO things: He's Black, and he's a homosexual. TWO protected classes.

He'll get a "slap on the wrist."

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10862 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
For all you bigoted, homophobic, racist SIGforumites-Jussie didn’t do it...he swears to God. . Roll Eyes

It’s true:

Jussie Smollett headed straight to the Empire set to beg his cast mates to believe he did not stage a race hoax attack on himself hours after posting $10,000 bond and agreeing to surrender his passport at a court hearing.

Smollett, who was earlier supported by his family, is said to have told everyone on the set: 'I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this.'

More at linky...

Posts: 3014 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
hours after posting $10,000 bond and agreeing to surrender his passport at a court hearing.

The asshole did not have enough money for the $100,000 bail, just 10 grand bond. Even though he made over a million $ per year. So who is paying for his high priced Hollywood attorney? Another Christine Ford Blasey....

Leftists are so damn stupid.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I have to throw this out there. I listened to the press conference with the police Dept, and also with the DA. I have never heard a step by step account of the investigation, and evidence this early in the case. I have to wonder, why so much information. I can hear the defense claiming a case on tainting the jury pool with a the release of all of the details. I understand trying to counter the hype on the left.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
For all you bigoted, homophobic, racist SIGforumites-Jussie didn’t do it...he swears to God. . Roll Eyes

It’s true:

Jussie Smollett headed straight to the Empire set to beg his cast mates to believe he did not stage a race hoax attack on himself hours after posting $10,000 bond and agreeing to surrender his passport at a court hearing.

Smollett, who was earlier supported by his family, is said to have told everyone on the set: 'I’m sorry I’ve put you all through this and not answered any calls. I wanted to say I’m sorry and, you know me, I would never do this to any of you, you are my family. I swear to God, I did not do this.'

More at linky...

What an arrogant piece of filth. After all of the clear evidence against him, he still has the gall to pretend he’s weaseling out of this. I hope everyone is paying attention and frys his ass.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:

He'll get a "slap on the wrist."

It's like some of y'all are not even paying attention. Did you catch that press conference today? The CPD and the prosecutor's office are pisssssed. And apparently Mr. Arrogant Douchebag is resolute in proclaiming his innocence despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary. How do you think that's going to go over if he won't even admit guilt?

Slap on the wrist? No way. Not this time.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:

To me, this goes over the line to someone who is a sociopath.

Or, to use a different frame: someone who is completely evil.

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

Or a guy that has something bigger to hide.

posted Hide Post
Imagine if 2 white guys happened by there at the wrong time and place, caught by cam. They'd have been up the shit creek with no boat, let alone any paddle. This evil asshole would have id and testified against them if no clear evidence found to exonerate them.

Someone high up was looking out for you white folks that night Wink

Posts: 1811 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Imagine if 2 white guys happened by there at the wrong time and place, caught by cam. They'd have been up the shit creek with no boat, let alone any paddle. This evil asshole would have id and testified against them if no clear evidence found to exonerate them.

Also Big Grin

img upload and share

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://pagesix.com/2019/02/21...by-the-legal-system/

Jussie Smollett’s lawyers maintained Thursday that he has “impeccable character and integrity” and was “betrayed” by the legal system, despite mounting evidence from authorities that the actor staged a hate attack on himself.

“Today we witnessed an organized law enforcement spectacle that has no place in the American legal system,” Smollett’s lawyers said.

“The presumption of innocence, a bedrock, in the search for justice, was trampled upon at the expense of Mr. Smollett and notably on the eve of a mayoral election.”

The statement goes on to say that the 36-year-old TV-actor “ fiercely and solemnly maintains his innocence and feels betrayed by a system that apparently wants to skip due process and proceed directly to sentencing.”

The “Empire” star — charged with staging a hate crime and filing a false police report about it, claiming he was the victim — was released on $100,000 bond Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson blasted Smollett and said the actor staged the Jan. 29 attack because he was not satisfied with his salary.

“This announcement today recognized ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett took advantage of the pain and anger and racism to promote his career,” Johnson said.

“I’m left hanging my head and asking why? Why would anyone, especially an African-American man, use the symbolism of a noose to make false accusations? How could someone look at the hatred and suffering associated with that symbol and see an opportunity to manipulate that symbol to further his own public profile?”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:

I know you are joking, saigon, but we-- not just white folks, but our country-- dodged a bullet. Imagine how bad it could have gotten if Smollett had video (as he planned)playing 24/7 on every tv outlet showing two white guys in MAGA hats kicking the shit out of him on the ground. It would have triggered a lot of violence, a lot of bloodshed.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by synthplayer:

It's like some of y'all are not even paying attention. Did you catch that press conference today? The CPD and the prosecutor's office are pisssssed. And apparently Mr. Arrogant Douchebag is resolute in proclaiming his innocence despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary. How do you think that's going to go over if he won't even admit guilt?

Caught the press call conference as it aired. I have never seen that level of anger at a press conference.

“Smollett “took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career,” said Johnson, who is black. “I’m left hanging my head and asking why? Why would anyone, especially an African-American man, use the symbolism of a noose to make false accusations?”

Johnson said Smollett first “attempted to gain attention” by sending a fictitious threatening letter to himself at the “Empire” production studios that used “racial, homophobic and political language.”

Then

“Hours later, Smollett endured the wrath of another black authority figure, Judge John Fitzgerald Lyke Jr., who said he couldn’t in good conscience release the 36-year-old actor from custody on his own recognizance. Instead he set bond at $100,000. “The most vile and despicable part of it, if it’s true, is the noose,” said Lyke, voicing a similar theme to Johnson’s. “That symbol conjures up such evil in this country’s history.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com...-20190221-story.html

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't agree more, JustJoe, we dodged a huge bullet. He set the whole country up.

Posts: 1811 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post