SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fake white hate crimes
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake white hate crimes Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Smollett Staged Hoax Because $1.17 Million 'Empire' Salary Wasn't Enough: Report

Barack Obama - somebody he probably admires - once said of millionaires and billionaires, "At some point you've made enough." I guess this wasn't that point. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
While I have never watched Empire, the performance he gave Robin last week on GMA was awful. And he is paid how much?

WTF? Roll Eyes

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Supposedly he staged this charade to make more money as an actor. I call BS.

Without any evidence or anything, I too think his "explanation" does not pass the smell test. It seems a little odd. Plus the guy has already proven to be a damn liar.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I think Booker and Harris might turn out to be very important in this whole scam. Smollett's explanation stinks.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
I think Booker and Harris might turn out to be very important in this whole scam. Smollett's explanation stinks.

That would just be too good to be true...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
In case you missed it, the Postal Inspector investigation is still ongoing.

That could be the real gem right there. Wink

I just watched a little of Chief Johnson's presser and he did state that Smollett did indeed send the letter to himself.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17196 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well, no.
Ok, maybe. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So I go to the Philadelphia Inquirer website today to see how they are covering this since it's been blasted from the top of the page for weeks now about us EVIL-MAGA-hat-wearing-racist-Trump-supporters who attacked a poor, innocent gay black man as he was minding his own business.

NOTHING...

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to see a tiny 1-sentence blurb on the sidebar about this. Roll Eyes

So tired of this biased SHIT. Trump is absolutely right when he blasts these assholes. Mad

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Just saw he was given a 100k bail and ordered to surrender his passport. Lol

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Late Broken News...

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Late Broken News...

^^^ Haha, that's perfect.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This is proof that just because someone is 'successful' doesn't mean they are remotely smart.

Most teens out there could look at this plan and say "Ah, this isn't very smart, there are so many ways we could get caught doing this....".

The only rub being that he sent the letter to himself.
Highly unlikely there is any Federal Statute in regard to sending threats to oneself and he barely spoke to CPD so I am going to guess he spoke to no Federal agents to be charged with providing false statements to a federal agent.

I did not think much would happen to him on the local level but the CPD was pretty pointed in his press conference. I was quite surprised so I may be eating crow on that thought.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9429 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/ente...ttackers-were-white/

During a press conference Thursday, Cook County Assistant District Attorney Ressa Lanier described in detail how Empire actor Jussie Smollett planned an attack on himself and how he tried to mislead police.

Among the most shocking details, Lanier described how Jussie Smollett originally planned to use gasoline in the “attack” against himself, instead of bleach, and how he tried to mislead police about the race of his attackers.

According to Lanier, significant details of the attack, like the racial and homophobic slurs used and the rope around his neck were directly requested by Smollett. The actor also allegedly wanted the brothers to use gasoline on him, which did not actually happen, with bleach being used during the “attack” instead.

The 36-year-old also showed the brothers the exact area where he wanted the “attack” to take place, and showed them a surveillance camera in the area, which did not end up capturing the attack because it was turned the other way. He later pointed this camera out to police when they arrived after his “attack.”

The actor also apparently dictated the time it should take place — around 2am.

Lanier also described how Smollett misled police on the race of his attackers, citing his statement to Good Morning America, “It feels like, if I had said it was a Muslim, or a Mexican, or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me a lot much more–a lot more.”

“These statements, by Smollett, further misled the police and the public, to believe his attackers, were white,” Lanier said.

The actor also reportedly talked on the phone with “Abel” the night after the attack before he left for Nigeria with his brother “Ola.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

< snip >

The 36-year-old also showed the brothers the exact area where he wanted the “attack” to take place, and showed them a surveillance camera in the area, which did not end up capturing the attack because it was turned the other way. He later pointed this camera out to police when they arrived after his “attack.”

< snip >

So, Smollett isn't going to win the Oscars for Best Actor, Best Cinematographer, Best Director, Best Picture, and Best Screenplay?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32056 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah...I don't quite think he had the "Sully" moment he was hoping to create.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Satire alert

quote:

Jussie Smollett Offered Job At CNN After Fabricating News Story Out Of Thin Air

ATLANTA, GA—While Empire actor Jussie Smollett has been having a tough week so far, there appears to be a silver lining: cable news channel CNN has offered Smollett a job as an investigative reporter and on-air anchor after witnessing his skills at fabricating a story entirely out of thin air.

CNN producers were reportedly impressed throughout the ongoing saga of Smollett's apparent hoax attack on himself. They realized early on the facts didn't add up but were fascinated with how well the actor kept the narrative going. An HR rep quickly reached out to Smollett to see if he'd be interested in taking on a position at the news organization after news broke that the entire thing was probably fabricated.

"Smollett has exactly the kind of skills we look for at our fine organization," said CNN correspondent Brian Stelter. "He picked a narrative, made up all the relevant facts and details, and stuck with his story in spite of glaring holes in the plot. It's hard to find people who understand our core values here at CNN, but Smollett seems to be just the guy for us."

The actor has accepted the offer and is now undergoing training to learn how to weave even more intricate narratives ex nihilo, according to insiders.

https://babylonbee.com/news/ju...tory-out-of-thin-air

Thankfully, the maroons over at Snopes determined this article to be false. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
quote:

This is proof that just because someone is 'successful' doesn't mean they are remotely smart.

Most teens out there could look at this plan and say "Ah, this isn't very smart, there are so many ways we could get caught doing this....".

The only rub being that he sent the letter to himself.
Highly unlikely there is any Federal Statute in regard to sending threats to oneself and he barely spoke to CPD so I am going to guess he spoke to no Federal agents to be charged with providing false statements to a federal agent.

I did not think much would happen to him on the local level but the CPD was pretty pointed in his press conference. I was quite surprised so I may be eating crow on that thought.

I don't believe the law differentiates between threatening yourself or another.

https://postalinspectors.uspis...atening-letters.html

He could get 5 years.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/876

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hey...maybe his next hoax will be to get thrown off a tall building by those MAGA hat-wearing, bleach throwing, noose fitting white boys. One can only hope...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post