SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fake white hate crimes
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 68
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake white hate crimes Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Just in Cook County has approved charges on this ass hat with disorderly conduct felony charges.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So he's now been officially charged according to Fox. And who was saying no legal actions would be taken against him?

quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Just in Cook County has approved charges on this ass hat with disorderly conduit!! Not falsely reporting a crime what pure BS

He has felony charges against him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30954 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.chicagotribune.com...-20190220-story.html

It is still a Felony,and Federal charges could also be coming.

"The charge, a felony, was announced by the Cook County state’s attorney’s office Wednesday evening, hours after police called Smollett “a suspect in a criminal investigation … for filing a false police report.”

Empire” actor Jussie Smollett has been charged with disorderly conduct for allegedly filing a false police report about an attack he said occurred as he walked to his apartment building in Streeterville last month.

The charge, a felony, was announced by the Cook County state’s attorney’s office Wednesday evening, hours after police called Smollett “a suspect in a criminal investigation … for filing a false police report.”

While initially investigating the attack as a hate crime, Chicago police recently said they were looking into whether Smollett paid two brothers he knew to stage the attack on Jan. 29. The brothers appeared before a grand jury earlier Wednesday and testified that Smollett had given them money, according to their attorney Gloria Schmidt.

Attorneys for Smollett, 36, met with prosecutors and detectives Wednesday but it was unclear if the actor was present, according to police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi. The lawyers, Todd Pugh and Victor P. Henderson, could not be reached for comment. They have been joined by high-profile, Los Angeles-based lawyer Mark Geragos who has represented numerous celebrities, including pop star Michael Jackson, R&B singer Chris Brown and actress Winona Ryder.
State's attorney's office: Foxx recused herself from Jussie Smollett investigation after acting as go-between with CPD

Smollett, who is African-American and openly gay, has said he was walking from a Subway sandwich shop to his apartment in the 300 block of East North Water Street around 2 a.m. when two men walked up, yelled racial and homophobic slurs, declared “This is MAGA country,” hit him and wrapped a noose around his neck.

Police took the two brothers, 25 and 27, into custody last week after they were captured by surveillance cameras in the area around the time of the alleged attack. Guglielmi called them "potential suspects" last Friday morning, but they were released 12 hours later.

Guglielmi said the brothers were no longer suspected and that, after talking with them, detectives were now investigating whether Smollett paid the brothers to stage the attack. Information from the brothers also allowed investigators to discover where the rope used for the noose had been purchased, according to a law enforcement source.

The shift in the investigation’s focus came amid growing skepticism on social media — doubts that Smollett addressed in a national TV interview and in a strongly worded statement after the brothers were released.
Timeline: Key moments in the Jussie Smollett case

"Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with," read the statement from his attorneys. "He has been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth."

The statement said one of the brothers was Smollett's personal trainer, the first time the actor had acknowledged knowing either of them. The two also reportedly worked with Smollett on "Empire."

As many as a dozen detectives were assigned to the case in the weeks following Smollett's report, and nearly every camera in the Streeterville neighborhood was checked for video that might show the attack. Some police sources privately expressed doubts after finding little, if any corroborating evidence or video of a crime.

Police did release an image of two men seen in the area of Smollett's building around the same time, but it was blurry and dark. Smollett said his music manager was on the phone with him at the same and would support his story, but the actor refused to turn over his full phone records. Instead, he handed police redacted records.

The report drew both outrage and support on social media from fellow celebrities, politicians and presidential hopefuls. President Trump weighed in, saying "It doesn't get worse, as far as I'm concerned."

As doubts grew, Smollett proclaimed his innocence through representatives and during a national television interview on “Good Morning America.”

A major break in the case came Feb. 13 when police arrested the two brothers after they arrived at O'Hare International Airport from Nigeria. Police also raided the men's North Side townhome, seizing items as the brothers were questioned by detectives.

Earlier Wednesday, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx announced she had recused herself from the case last week “out of an abundance of caution” because she spoke to one of Smollett's relatives after the alleged attack and acted as a go-between with police, one of Foxx’s aides told the Tribune.

"State’s Attorney Foxx had conversations with a family member of Jussie Smollett about the incident and their concerns, and facilitated a connection to the Chicago Police Department who were investigating the incident,” said Robert Foley, a senior adviser to Foxx. “Based on those prior conversations and out of an abundance of caution, last week State’s Attorney Foxx decided to remove herself from the decision-making,” he said.

Foley would not comment further. First Assistant State’s Attorney Joe Magats is now overseeing the case.

A week before the alleged attack, Smollett told police he received a threatening letter at work. Witnesses told police a postal worker dropped off the letter at the Chicago studio where “Empire” is filmed. It was postmarked in southwest suburban Bedford Park on Jan. 18 and bore two American flag stamps. The letters “MAGA” were written in the upper-left corner of the envelope.

Federal authorities are looking into the origin of the letter. The status of their investigation was not known Wednesday.

Meanwhile, production of “Empire” continued Wednesday as cast and crew try to wrap up the final episodes of Season 5. Filming took place at the Ferrara Bakery on the Near West Side. It’s unclear which cast members participated in the shoot because crew members put cardboard over the bakery’s doors, and security guards patrolled Taylor Street by the shop’s entrance.

Also Wednesday, representatives for the Fox network, which produces and airs “Empire,” reiterated support for Smollett while denying media reports that his role on the show is being reduced or eliminated altogether.

“Jussie Smollett continues to be a consummate professional on set and as we have previously stated, he is not being written out of the show,” the statement from Fox read.

Posts: 13128 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
He has been charged with a felony for falsely reporting a hate crime.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
So he's now been officially charged according to Fox. And who was saying no legal actions would be taken against him?

quote:
Just in Cook County has approved charges on this ass hat with disorderly conduit!! Not falsely reporting a crime what pure BS

Yes fixed my post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Very thankful no innocent people got roped in to this being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I suspect the CPD knew it was fake from the jump. Glad they had the patience to go where the clues lead them.

I see what you did. Big Grin

Posts: 2531 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I am so hoping that this arrogant, narcissistic son of a bitch keeps protesting his innocence and victimization right to the bitter end.

That noose is ever tighter, Jussie. You won’t be slipping out of it this time. This one is real.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15834 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Say, gang err fellas...

Did you know that Jussie was recently indicted err inducted into the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Projects err Project?

There seems to be some regrets at this point. A bit of buyer's remorse, as it were:

https://twitter.com/5000RoleMo.../1087841833005301761

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rock Paper
Scissors
Lizard Spock
Picture of James in Denver
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a link or website that tracks hoaxs like this one?

----------------------------
"Voldemorte himself created his worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that, one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one who rises against them and strikes back!"
Book 6 - Ch 23

Posts: 4484 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
James Woods has been talking about the Kamala Harris/Corey Booker connection. If Mr. Woods takes it seriously, I need to pay attention to it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109166 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The first comment on the 5000 role models tweet is: "Is this real?"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 11216 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by James in Denver:
Anyone have a link or website that tracks hoaxs like this one?

http://www.fakehatecrimes.org

posted Hide Post

Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Say, gang err fellas...

Did you know that Jussie was recently indicted err inducted into the 5000 Role Models of Excellence Projects err Project?

There seems to be some regrets at this point. A bit of buyer's remorse, as it were:

https://twitter.com/5000RoleMo.../1087841833005301761

Do you think there was a sphincter sonic boom in that organization?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
James Woods has been talking about the Kamala Harris/Corey Booker connection. If Mr. Woods takes it seriously, I need to pay attention to it.

Now that would be something! This thread is like the gift that keeps on giving.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
<iframe width="834"

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:

I said legal ramifications and while he has a charge against him I still don’t see much coming from it. Though it should and I do hope I am pleasantly surprised but we are talking Chicago.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25703 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

quote:

I said legal ramifications and while he has a charge against him I still don’t see much coming from it. Though it should and I do hope I am pleasantly surprised but we are talking Chicago.

Somebody mailed white powder and a racist threatening letter.These charges are still pending.

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
He also faces federal charges.

He's going to jail.

And his career is over.