SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 84
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And picked up extra double plus ungood PC points because the one who died was a woman trying to make it in Hollywood.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I posted this in the other thread and both threads will stay up, because I couldn't be more unsympathetic to this pig Baldwin. If this was fated to happen, I cannot think of a more deserving recipient of this karma:

While I have sympathy for this innocent person who was killed, this is a whole boatload of karma for Baldwin, who has been vocally anti-gun, anti-American and who has harassed and assaulted people on the street over nothing.

Recently, I addressed the profound hypocrisy of Hollywood when it comes to guns and the Second Amendment:

This is how Hollywood is combating "gun violence"

The incident today- this is what they get for their bullshit, and I make no apologies for my stance on any of it.

For the rest of his life, Baldwin will carry this with him. Every time his name is mentioned, this incident will come to mind. He will attempt to atone by declaring to never again appear in any film which has firearms in it, and he will become the ultimate poster boy for the anti crowd. "Just look at what guns did to poor, innocent Alec Baldwin. Guns are bad."

And if this film "Rust" resumes production, these Hollywood fuckers really are as empty as they seem to be.

Hollywood has been preaching at us for years about guns and about the Second Amendment, and yet they have made and continue to make hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars with films which glorify gunplay. If only they had followed their own advice, this woman would still be alive, but the chickens have come home to roost.

Posts: 107234 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Sounds like the man injured was the Director. The poor woman who died was a cinematographer.

Why was Alec shooting a gun at them when they're apparently not part of the acting crew?
Strange.
I wonder if he was goofing around on the set.

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Pointing the gun at camera? Or cheating the angle enough to injure the cinematographer? Not sure if she would be behind the camera or if they used a camera operator. Either way she’s in proximity to the camera.

But I’m just speculating.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
He could've been acting something out in the course of conferring over a scene with them. Something went horribly wrong in a Hollywood production that shouldn't have, and it remains to be seen specifically whether Hollywood personnel, Hollywood practices or both are to blame.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Halyna Hutchins

She was Ukrainian

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear of her death.
I will not speculate on what happened, but agree with Para that Baldwin will carry this with him the rest of his life, as well he should.

Posts: 18010 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Baldwin is arrogant enough that to allay culpability and guilt, he'll go on a crusade to remove firearms from responsible gun owners. He'll atone for his behavior by oppressing others with his new religion.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29597 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
he'll go on a crusade to remove firearms from responsible gun owners.

Alec Baldwin has been anti gun for many years.

2016 Hollywood: Michael Douglas, Alec Baldwin, Politicos Jump-Start Oscar Race For Anti-NRA Documentary ‘Making A Killing’

https://www.nraila.org/article...ary-making-a-killing

2018 Amy Schumer, Alyssa Milano, Alec Baldwin And More Partner With Parkland Survivors in Anti-NRA Campaign

https://www.complex.com/pop-cu...rs-anti-nra-campaign

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Why would a Director or Cinematographer be involved with the “action”?
I would think the firearm would have been pointed at another actor.

Alec Baldwin artistic difference melt down?

Confused with the multiple and two non actors being involved.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Sounds like the man injured was the Director. The poor woman who died was a cinematographer.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I don't know Alec, why don't you tell us. Given his fits of rage in public the answer to what happened on set will be interesting.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I predict Alec will immediately begin to sue/blame the revolver manufacturer and prop house for his actions.

I hope her family sue his ass fully for his reckless gun handling.

HK Ag

Posts: 3491 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Please tell me he can be charged with homicide.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34073 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree Alec Baldwin is a pig. I never thought I would ever find myself saying a prayer for the guy but I just did.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
I predict Alec will immediately begin to sue/blame the revolver manufacturer and prop house for his actions.

I hope her family sue his ass fully for his reckless gun handling.

HK Ag

Is there any evidence yet that he was reckless, careless, or negligent? I think the guy's an asshole like the rest of you do, but the facts (prop gun on a film set) significantly complicate the error chain.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Please tell me he can be charged with homicide.

Of course he could be, but he won't. He's on their side and they will allow it to pass.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I agree Alec Baldwin is a pig. I never thought I would ever find myself saying a prayer for the guy but I just did.
I do not have one single speck of sympathy for him. As far as I'm concerned, he's just been crowned the King of the Hollywood Hypocrites.

"People don't need guns, only the police need guns. Guns are evil. Guns are responsible for crimes and murder. Gun violence, gun violence, gun violence. Get rid of guns, get rid of guns. Repeal the Second Amendment."

Then, Baldwin on the set of a film: POW!!

Fuck. Him.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I've sometimes mixed up the Baldwins over the years.

Remember that Stephen Baldwin is a good guy.

Not to be confused with his progressive brother(s).

https://www.nickiswift.com/228...hers-dont-get-along/

"According to People, the 2016 presidential election tore the Baldwin brothers apart. In fact, Stephen and Alec reportedly didn't speak for years! 

Stephen is a self-proclaimed born-again Christian and a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump, while Alec has been making a living lampooning the president on Saturday Night Live. "I still haven't talked to my brother Alec since the election, and I'm cool with that," Stephen said in a 2018 Faithwire interview. "I love him to death ... That's his choice, and he plays Trump on SNL – Great. Is it funny? Yeah. But it goes too far ... when you're attacking the wife, and you're attacking the kids. What's that got to do with it? You don't like Trump? Do what you've got to do, but don't pick on peoples' families. That's not cool."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Baldwin

"Baldwin was among the first Hollywood celebrities to endorse Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election."

Posts: 15838 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, when the chickens come home to roost, karma, a divine retribution whatever you want to call it he has earned it multiple times over.
It is a shame a innocent person had to be killed and another terribly wounded for Alec to suffer his own reality.

But then any man who speaks to his 11 year old daughter like this deserves to suffer in this life and beyond.

quote:
“You have insulted me for the last time … You don’t have the brains or the decency as a human being. I don’t give a damn that you’re 12 years old or 11 years old or that you’re a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn’t care about what you do, as far as I’m concerned … You’ve made me feel like shit … I’m gonna straighten your ass out when I see you. I’m going to really make sure you get it … I’ll let you know how I really feel about what a thoughtless little pig you are. You are a rude, little pig, okay?”

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8501 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
 Stephen is a self-proclaimed born-again Christian...
"self-proclaimed" Now just how in the fuck could there be any other kind of born-again Christian? Roll Eyes