SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 86
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:
IF it is true that a live shell was accidentally put into the shotgun, then I cannot blame baldwin for this.

Nor would I, but going forward changes need to be made. Everyone handling that firearm needs some basic knowledge and training so that they can be that piece of cheese that stops the swiss cheese accident model.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
then I cannot blame baldwin for this.

I can and do. If he had the moral convictions of his often-stated beliefs, he would not be involved in movies where firearms (real, prop, toy, ...) are used.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:Feel the same way. Alec Baldwin has now killed and injured more people with a gun than I have in 35+ years of owning “assault weapons” and “high capacity” magazines.

I'm now 75, and have been around guns since I was six.

I've not managed to shoot anybody accidentally in all that time.

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
quote:
then I cannot blame baldwin for this.

I can and do. If he had the moral convictions of his often-stated beliefs, he would not be involved in movies where firearms (real, prop, toy, ...) are used.

I can blame Baldwin. Why the fuck was he shooting at the Cinematographer and director.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^They were behind the camera, filming a hollywood movie that promotes gun violence... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hot gun, cold gun, it doesn't matter. Try NO gun. What is this hypocritical asshole doing handling any firearm in any state of readiness? Prop or real, loaded or unloaded, he is a monumental hypocrite profiting from the depiction of gun use.

For the rest of his life, there will not be a day that goes by that this pig doesn't think of what he did yesterday.

Take a look at these tweets and you can bet your bottom dollar those are just a sampling of the bullshit he's posted about guns and shooting people.

You can also bet your last dollar that never again will this fucking shitbird tweet that kind of thing, because even if he didn't care about the irony of it, he would be savaged 24/7 for ever again saying "shoot that guy, then shoot him again."

God has a sense of humor, dark though it may be, because of all the hypocrites in Hollywood who decry legal gun ownership and then tun around and make movies depicting firearms being used, no one, I do mean no one is more deserving of this karma avalanche than Alec Baldwin.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
For the rest of his life, there will not be a day that goes by that this pig doesn't think of what he did yesterday.

I wish you were right, but Baldwin appears to be so self centered and egotistical that his conscious will not allow him to feel guilt about it at all. He's already made comments blaming others for the incident of, "How could somebody hand me a hot gun?"

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Treat Every Gun As If It Was Loaded

"Who handed me a hot gun" - I'm sorry, "I didn't know it was loaded" is never an excuse.

Never Point A Gun At Anything You Do Not Intend To Shoot

I highly doubt the script had Baldwin pointing a gun at the director and cinematographer. Yet he did. And he pulled the trigger.

There may be others in this chain of events that are culpable, but untimely it is Baldwin who is responsible for the death and injury.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a member of a firing squad that “ executed” Mario Cavaradossi, with blanks, numerous times.

The opera was Tosca. I was a very young actor and was playing the role of a soldier during a summer stock performance at a Texas amphitheater in 1965.

We were instructed to never point the rifle at the actor or anyone. During the execution scene, we pointed the rifles at the blank wall to the side of the actor. We were told that the wad coming out of the blank could be dangerous and to treat it as a live round, which we did. From the angle of the audience, it appeared we were pointing in the actor’s direction rather than cheating to the side.

“Always treat a prop gun as a real gun and observe firearm rules!” This was drilled into our young heads.

Don’t know what happened on the movie set. But it’s tragic.

Posts: 1607 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Baldwin is arrogant enough that to allay culpability and guilt, he'll go on a crusade to remove firearms from responsible gun owners. He'll atone for his behavior by oppressing others with his new religion.

I think so, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I wish you were right, but Baldwin appears to be so self centered and egotistical that his conscious will not allow him to feel guilt about it at all. He's already made comments blaming others for the incident of, "How could somebody hand me a hot gun?"
He pulled the trigger. There's no changing that.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
He pulled it, but narcissists rarely take the blame for their mistakes and blame others instead.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
No doubt, question is does he accept responsibility or, in his warped sense of self channel it into a crusade.

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I hate Baldwin I cannot fault him for this mistake. This is a movie set where they are shooting people. You would most likely have to point guns at people. I can easily see a scene with a straight on shot to the camera. I can see a director also wanting to be involved and see the scene from the camera angle.

I can assume there was a trained "professional" prop master who is responsible for weapon handling. They F'ed up and are responsible.

I hope Hollywood does the right thing and will no longer make any movies with guns. They should follow their moral compass and not the money. Even if it saves one life.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
As much as I hate Baldwin I cannot fault him for this mistake.

He is 100% at fault for not removing the cartridges and inspecting them first.

He is going to make this shit all about HIM. Poor Alec. Booo Hooo. He will do some half assed charity shit to make himself feel better and blameless. Perhaps a full moment of silence for his victims and maybe a gofuckme account to pay for his therapy over the mental anguish.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34106 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope Hollywood does the right thing and will no longer make any movies with guns. They should follow their moral compass and not the money. Even if it saves one life.

You're kidding, right? They don't have a moral compass.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being a self-centered ass, Baldwin will likely attempt to self-medicate and become a hermit of his thoughts. But all the adulation he's built himself upon is missing so, he'll declare to the world that HE KNOWS what it's like to 'take a life' and will pursue a vigorous anti-gun crusade, because HE KNOWS.

He'll surround himself with various academics & policy experts and will go on speaking tours, 'to talk about his experience'. Part will be his therapy, providing an open-book to the public, of course, he'll get paid for his appearances and naturally he'll be praised and recognized for his advocacy.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
As much as I hate Baldwin I cannot fault him for this mistake.
I can. I can fault him and I can condemn him for his hypocrisy. Why was he handling guns at all? I'll tell you why- it's because he's a hypocrite. The same goes for Liam Neeson, Danny Glover and the rest of the smug, ignorant, hypocritical bunch who decry legal ownership of firearms, yet profit handsomely from portraying gun use in film.

Oh, poor, poor Alec. Nope. Not a freakin' chance.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
also posted in the other thread

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he is at fault.

Everytime you pick up a firearm, you check it for safe.

Even if the person who handed it to you checked it in front of you.

Everytime.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post