SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is how Hollywood is combatting "gun violence"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is how Hollywood is combatting "gun violence" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
You're some of the biggest hypocrites and filthiest whores on the planet, Hollywood. How many guns are in that two and a half minute trailer? How many rounds fired? How many people shot? And all of it set to music like some kind of perverted ballet.

If you were serious about fighting "gun violence" (there's no such thing; only plain old violence) you would cease making films that glorify all the gunplay. What's the message you're sending? It's not the message you think you're sending, if you think about it at all, which I doubt.

But, there's a dollar to be made and being the prostitutes you are, you spread your legs when a dime is tossed onto the floor.

And this film, well, it's just one of hundreds of such films and TV shows Hollywood has produced over the decades it's been shedding crocodile tears about the Second Amendment. The producers of these films and TV shows would shit themselves if ever they heard actual shots fired in anger, but they'll turn out stuff like this film in a New York minute, all the while looking down their noses at those of us in "flyover country." If I were king, oh, if I were king, I'd lay waste to that whorehouse called Hollywood.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hollywood = modern day Sodom and Gomorrah
Their time will come, when God will nuke it from orbit.

Q

Posts: 26375 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Hollywood = modern day Sodom and Gomorrah
Their time will come, when God will nuke it from orbit.

Or they slide into the ocean to feed the fish. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
God uses Nukes? Cool!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
And the Oscar for Hypocrite of the Year goes to
Liam Neeson !

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One cannot commit what does not exist.

Guns, by definition are inanimate objects and cannot take on human attributes.

Gun violence is just another leftist/media created pejorative term to demonize something they hate.

Posts: 230 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guns, by definition are inanimate objects and cannot take on human attributes..

Not to an anti gun Liberal who's terrified of seeing a gun.

Neighbor across the street from me discovered I had three loaded handguns in my kitchen and was absolutely scared of them. In her mind, they would suddenly go off and kill her.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Neighbor across the street from me discovered I had three loaded handguns in my kitchen and was absolutely scared of them. In her mind, they would suddenly go off and kill her.

Courtesy of the news media and Hollywoods portrayal of guns.

In the old days it was the good guys with guns winning, today it's John Wick killing half of New York City with 7 boolits and one gun...

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After my father's funeral I was at my brother's house making decisions about some of Dad's stuff.

My SIL walked into the room carrying Dad's .38 snubby like it was a rotten fish needing disposed of. I took it from her and checked it (like always). I asked her if she knew it was loaded. I thought she was going to faint. It had been sitting in her house for weeks, loaded, and it hadn't shot anyone.

I laughed my ass off (after safely unloading the violent gun).

Posts: 1350 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

.....Not to an anti gun Liberal who's terrified of seeing a gun.

I spoke to my state legislator about the stupid bill (which passed) limiting where a CHL holder can carry. I told him that CHL people are NOT THE PROBLEM. (I was nice)

He told me that some people feel very uncomfortable knowing that some people /might/ be armed in a place like a school even if it's being carried by a CHL holder, so they had introduce the bill to accommodate those people.

I asked if there had ever been a real problem with CHL holders as a group, and he admitted there had been few problems, but then he told me flat out that he was going to vote for the bill anyway and he realized that's not what I wanted to hear.

I wish I were kidding. As a result of this nonsense, we are now limited as CHL holders on where we can carry.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Danny Glover Roll Eyes

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Then there’s this old vid with a bunch of the Hollywood hypocrites. Sorry, I still can’t seem to get to embed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=llqUnmddcoo

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15571 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Then there’s this old vid with a bunch of the Hollywood hypocrites. Sorry, I still can’t seem to get to embed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=llqUnmddcoo
Mark123's solution will do it for you: https://imaginekitty.com/tubinator.php

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Who is still watching new movies at this point?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Then there’s the glorification of sex, drugs, deviant behavior. Hmmm...

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Then there’s the glorification of sex, drugs, deviant behavior. Hmmm...

It's like "Purge" 364 days a year, maybe call that leftover day "Rinse" or "Wipe".

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Just watched a movie the other night where these nitwits were hunting deer with a barrel cocking air rifle. They would edit the discharge of the rifle with muzzle flash and a loud report in the film. Anybody that has grown up with firearms could clearly see that it was a BB or pellet rifle, and marching around pointing the barrel towards the person in front of them clearly dismissive of gun safety protocols goes a long way Roll Eyes . It's a joke.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Danny Glover Roll Eyes
Yeah, what a hump.

posted Hide Post
quote:
He told me that some people feel very uncomfortable knowing that some people /might/ be armed in a place like a school even if it's being carried by a CHL holder, so they had introduce the bill to accommodate those people.

That there is the problem we have in this country. A very small group of people who want to change established rules simply because they feel "uncomfortable".

Plus, Politicians without backbone who can't say NO to them.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post