SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 95
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One crew member dies, another hospitalized after Alec Baldwin shoots two people on set of his film Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
“To watch Mr Baldwin’s conduct on the set of Rust is to witness a man who has absolutely no control of his own emotions and absolutely no concern for how his conduct affects those around him,” Morrissey wrote.

This is not just on the Rust set. This has been his behavior for as long as he's been in the public eye. Screaming at, yelling at, and belittling his own children in public, physically fighting with photographers, etc.... Nothing new.

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
I wondered what qualified Hannah Gutierrez-Reed to be an armorer in the first place.

First of all, to have that job, you have to be a little bit of an ass, and a have a little bit of "don't mess with me or the guns I'm responsible for" attitude.

I just don't see that in this gal.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11097 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I wondered what qualified Hannah Gutierrez-Reed to be an armorer in the first place.

Her dad, would be my guess.

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, nepotism, and nothing more, and from what I can see, she had no qualifications for the job, none at all.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Her lawyer, Jason Bowles, asked Marlowe Sommer last week for leniency.

However, prosecutors asked the judge to throw the book at Gutierrez-Reed, whom they claim still refuses to take responsibility — evidenced in jail calls in which she, among other things, insulted jurors as “idiots” and “a–holes.”

At Monday’s hearing prosecutor Kari Morrissey said: “I wasn’t sure exactly what recommendation would be appropriate in this unprecedented case until last week when I completed the review of Ms. Gutierrez’s jail calls.

“It was my sincere hope during this process that there would be some moment when Ms. Gutierrez took responsibility and expressed some level of remorse that was genuine. That moment has never come. Ms. Gutierrez continues to refuse to take responsibility for her role in the death of Halyna Hutchins.”

https://nypost.com/2024/04/15/...-of-halyna-hutchins/

prosecutors had listed a slew of alleged misconduct by Gutierrez-Reed from after her arrest. They claimed she drank alcohol while out pending trial “contrary to her conditions of release,” encouraged her mom to confront prosecutors while in the bathroom at court; and attempted to lie to prosecutors about her work history to give the impression she was working full-time prior to trial.

prosecutors called Gutierrez-Reed — who was 24 at the time — “sloppy” and “unprofessional” and said she “treated the safety protocols as if they were optional.”

Prosecutors also claim Baldwin — who is a producer on the completed but as-yet unreleased movie as well as its star — shares responsibility for Hutchins’ tragic death, arguing he had “no control” of his emotions in the weeks leading up to the tragedy and claiming he pressured crew to work faster and “routinely compromised safety.”

Baldwin, slated to go on trial on July 10, is seeking to get the charges against him tossed and has maintained his innocence.

Last year, assistant director David Halls took a guilty plea for negligently handling of a gun and received a no-jail time sentence of probation.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Who does not know that those phone calls are recorded? It seems like her areas of incompetency extend beyond safe handling of firearms.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
In one of those calls she carped about how this is messing up her "modeling career."

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16935 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Who does not know that those phone calls are recorded? It seems like her areas of incompetency extend beyond safe handling of firearms.

Ain't that the truth. You should be saying all the right things during those phone calls regardless if you mean it or not. Don't they even tell you they are being recorded before you make the call? If they didn't tell you could they even be used in court for sentencing considerations?

Self absorbed twit.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8620 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cheap.

Posts: 9273 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
In one of those calls she carped about how this is messing up her "modeling career."

Well she is about open her Only Fans Account in Cell Block D...where I am sure she will be very popular.

Posts: 4057 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
Cheap.

That and the fact that her stepfather is a well-known exhibition shooter and Hollywood armorer.

Incidentally, Thell Reed started a GoFundMe for financial support for her legal expenses, but was shut down for violating rules against raising funds for violent crimes. NoFundMe

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16935 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Hannah Guitierrez-Reed has shown herself to be a very UN serious person. Handing a revolver loaded with live rounds to an actor and showing no remorse whatsoever. Wasn't her lack of responsibility evident before all of this went down?

A friend asked me if I'd take him to the range with me so that he might experience shooting a real gun. When I started explaining to him the four cardinal rules of gun safety, he showed signs of boredom. I just made excuses after that and never did take him. My point is I sensed that irresponsible attitude right away. I'm surprised no one sensed it in Hannah.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10844 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Smug ol' Alex oughta be shitting bricks right about now.

You're assuming he thinks rational, like us normal folk...
You, me, the rest of us on here, Oh Hell Yeah! we'd be shitting bricks, and learning how to make a shiv and toilet wine. Working out, learning how to fight dirty.

Alec?
"See, it was HER fault! Not MINE! SHE did it! It could NEVER BE ME! I would NEVER do something like that!"

You think he gave performances in is past films? Wait until you see his performance in that courtroom. I just hope the judge sees right through his bullshit.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8536 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I haven't followed this that closely. Can anyone explain why there were any real bullets on the set?

Posts: 8902 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
The story is that some crew members were allowed to shoot live ammo off site and that the guns were returned to the set without proper scrutiny by the armorer.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Very interesting article.

"Alec Baldwin had ‘no control’ over his emotions...

Something we've known about him for about 15-20 years.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
The story is that some crew members were allowed to shoot live ammo off site and that the guns were returned to the set without proper scrutiny by the armorer.

Thanks, Darthfuster. What a recipe for disaster. It would have made more sense to forbid live rounds altogether, or insist that any live shooting be done with guns of a vastly different caliber.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

I haven't followed this that closely. Can anyone explain why there were any real bullets on the set?
Nobody in the chain of those people who handled it, inspected the revolver.

The "armorer" was not doing her job. She allowed live ammunition on the site, and she did not inspect the revolver properly when it was loaded.

Another crew member did not inspect the revolver while accepting it and handing it to Baldwin.

The murderer did not inspect the revolver before cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31419 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Re: The murderer did not inspect the revolver before cocking the hammer and pulling the trigger.

Libs are prone to “not my job, man.” They shirk responsibility whenever possible.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9452 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

There was absolutely no evidence or testimony presented in the trial to substantiate this early news media claim.

Posts: 3569 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post