SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Signed up for Hospice Care today
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signed up for Hospice Care today Login/Join 
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
I have always been impressed with your wit and knowledge. You will be in my thought and prayers. God Bless.

Posts: 5696 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
*sigh*... JALLEN, from your comments here, over the years, it sounds like you've lived a full life, so there's that. But damn, man, this place won't be the same without you.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
You’re one hell of a trooper JALLEN. You have my respect and hopes for the best.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you made it back home in recent years.
Thank you for all that you have done here.
May God take care of you. Peace and Tranquility.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Jallen, I have always enjoyed your posts and my God bless you and your family.

both my parents underwent hospice care prior to their passing, my father passed away today in 2016 and my mother passed away 12 days ago.

As others have said the hospice workers are special people. My sincere hope is you have a smooth and pain free transition as your cross the bridge.

Please tell me parents hello from me and I miss them.

Posts: 3724 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have become a pillar here on the forum from your knowledge to your wisdom. May God be with you and your family. It sounds as if you are at peace with the decision, and that you have had a very fulfilled life.

There will be a number of us that miss your presence here, and many of us consider you a friend. Let us know if you need anything.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
JALLEN,

I'm very sorry to hear of this. You are part of what makes this forum what it is. You are in our prayers.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Death comes to us all one day. The only question is do we meet it grace and dignity or not.

You are meeting it with grace and dignity. Frankly, I can't envision you doing otherwise.

Know this, JAllen, the world Is a better place for having you in it, our lives were brighter from knowing you, and your invisible SIGforum family will be there with you until you pass the threshold of eternity.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I know we have never met, except in this forum, but I feel I know you and you have earned my respect. I shall miss your posts and feel sadden for your loss. God Bless you and your family and I shall pray for you and yours.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, your authenticity through this part of life is a testament to your character and your fortitude. I’m grateful for your wisdom over these years and especially your perspective as you travel this road.

As a pastor, I’ve grown to hate the words hospice and death for I know what they portend. However, some of the greatest, most compassionate people I’ve ever met, serve people through hospice. May those same folks aid you in this portion of your life.

Know of my prayers for you. I hesitate to offer...for I feel inadequate...but if you ever need someone to talk to, I’m here.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
there is a lot to be pleased and happy about.
Glad to hear it. Same here.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
JAllen, I've a lot of respect for you, hoping this time of your life will be peaceful.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
John I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said.

Your willingness to share your knowledge and experience has been one of the main reasons I visit this forum. I have read every one of your posts (even the really long ones!) as I know I will always learn something.

Godspeed my friend..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6318 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JALLEN - thanks for all your contributions. You will be missed. May you be surrounded by friends and family, and may you find comfort and peace.

Posts: 367 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
JALLEN, I'd like to offer you a personal thank you. I've exchanged commentary with you many times over many years, and have learned far more from those exchanges than you can imagine. Your approach has always been one of offering to educate based upon your extensive knowledge and experience, something many of us can only envy. I can't begin to tell you how many times you prompted me to rethink my opinion/position on a topic. For someone I've never met face-to-face, you sir have had a profound impact on my perspective, and for that I thank you.

I don't know how much longer you'll be with us, but I'm very thankful for the time you have shared with us so far. May god bless you sir.

I'd like to echo a personal thank you. I've learned from you and I've enjoyed your humor and grace. I've always wanted to meet you in person. I'm sorry to hear this....

May you be at peace and may God bless you. You are in my prayers.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JAllen, may the Peace and Comfort of Our Lord be with you. I thank you for your presence on this forum. You are obviously a strong willed person and I pray you can maintain that strength through you coming journey. God bless...........

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
I glad you will be in good hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, thank you for all your insight over the years. We all appreciate it. Experience sure hardens us, but makes us more knowledgeable. Except for the Goddamned Commies! Got that from you!

I'll continue to appreciate your posts while you're able.

Stay as comfortable as you can and be in good hands!

My thoughts are with you.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From one Texan to another you and your family will in my prayers.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 727 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Peace and comfort to you and your family.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post