SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Signed up for Hospice Care today
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signed up for Hospice Care today Login/Join 
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Jim,

You seem to have a quote for every occasion. Do you have a list of those? It’s one of many things I’ve appreciated reading from you over the years.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Hey JALLEN, you the man Wink

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An unfortunate part of life is that is eventually ends. I've enjoyed your posts and your shared wisdom and wish you and your family the best for what is to come. You will be missed.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
You will be missed, I have enjoyed your posts for years.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
The sage of the SF. I wish you comfort and peace.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I was listening to the song Wildflowers by Tom Petty this morning. I've never thought of it as a song about death before, but today I did and I was thinking of you.

Godspeed sir, on this final journey.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I’m not one for long-winded goodbye’s. All I can say is that I will personally miss seeing your presence on this board.

Your insights, wisdom and level-headed assessments of so many situations important to many of us will be greatly missed.

Thank you for being who you are on the forum.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
JAllen,

Although we have never met, I have enjoyed your posts through the years.

I want to say I admire the attitude and grace you have, despite the hand you have been dealt.

If there is anything at all, I can do for you and your loved ones, please do not hesitate to ask.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Prayers up JAllen, Godspeed.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Jim,

You seem to have a quote for every occasion. Do you have a list of those? It’s one of many things I’ve appreciated reading from you over the years.

I collect quotes, a “hobby” I started a long time ago. There must be many thousands. It’s a result of being an avid reader. I have several books of quotes, and there are quite a few quote websites. I don’t really have a list per se.

Many are very familiar, but one advantage of an erratic memory is that some pop up as new and are just as rewarding as if they were.

I’ve held off commenting further about this thread as I really do not know what to say. When Para and I corresponded on this issue recently, we amused ourselves recalling Tom Sawyer attending his own funeral and being quite overcome with grief. It turns out that hasn’t been quite the case here but reading this thread is definitely a strange sensation, a mix of astonishment, gratitude, appreciation, remembrance of the good old days, comradery, some adventure, and more besides. Rewarding but strange!

One of my favorite quotes is Will Durant’s line, “Nothing is frequently a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.” Maybe that’s a good thing here, being semi speechless.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Jallen, may you and your family find peace. I have always enjoyed your posts and your wisdom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Sir.

THANK YOU for bringing so much immeasurable value to SF and many of our lives. In no small way have you made SF the place it is.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim I’ve always likened you to the Charlie Munger of SF. Godspeed Jim

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I hate to hear that it has gotten this bad.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Certainly keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You are one of the wisest people I've "known". I truly have enjoyed your posts and the time you've shared with us. I hope you know how sorely you'll be missed.

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Jim, I look forward to your posts each day, and dread the day I no longer see them pop up. Praying for you and your family sir. We'll all miss you greatly.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you take visitors?

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you and your family. I get the feeling you are already comforted by loved ones and have comfort through your beliefs. Not looking forward to a day you don't post.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you are comfortable as well as can be. The strength that you are demonstrating is one that we can all strive to have when that time comes. GOD bless you.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post