SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Signed up for Hospice Care today
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signed up for Hospice Care today Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
May you transition to the next phase peacefully, comfortably and courageously.

NRA Patron Member, Instructor and CRSO
NC CCH Instructor
GRNC Life Member
VCDL Member

Posts: 1838 | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JALLEN,

I will pray for you and your family until the end and beyond.

Enjoy the time you have left.

Indulge if you are able and be happy.

You are a brave and inspiring man.

I wish I would have had the opportunity to meet you in the flesh.

John...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1532 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
So much has already been said all I can do is echo the sentiments

You have been a scholar and virtual friend. Even though we’ve never met or spoke, I feel like I’ve known you for years

Well done, be thou at peace.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure what to say since most has already been said and I'm not one likely to come up with anything profound. My limited familiarity with you has been through your posts; I have learned much from you and will no doubt miss them.

May the time you have left be comfortable for you and comforting for your family.
s.

Posts: 297 | Location: Ogden, UT | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
JAllen,

I read through these posts with sorrow. I hope you read through them and feel comforted by the respect and admiration we SF people have for you.

I wish you peace and hope you always want to cherish the next 15 minutes.

And leave those nurses and old girlfriends alone Smile

heathtx

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JAllen,
THANKS! Seriously, a huge THANKS. I've enjoyed your posts, your insight and your knowledge. Yeah, sometimes you left me scratching my head, sometimes I thought you, or I (or both) were out of our minds.

Not that I "follow" anyone here, but I always look for your posts. I truly enjoy them. I can only imagine what you're like in "real life."
I'm not just talking about Sig Forum, but there's going to be a pretty big empty space where a large shadow was once cast.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
My Dear Sir,
I wish a quiet and peaceful journey across the divide for you. You and your family are in my prayers. You will be missed.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Prayers for you and your families strength and courage.

Posts: 1089 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
God bless you and your family JALLEN. You're one of the good ones and I have learned much from you over the years. Thank you for that.

A decade ago you sent my wife and I a gift card to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse as appreciation for my military service. I think about your generosity often and how much you have touched those on this forum.

This is very sad news and you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Jallen I have thoroughly appreciated your opinions over the years. I pray that you receive the best care possible. You are one of the greatest assets here.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sir, The forum will be a lesser place without you. I always enjoy your real estate stories since that’s the business I’m in.

My prayers for you and your family.

Posts: 4767 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JAllen Sir,
My mother spent her final time in a hospice, finally passing two years ago this month. She had prepared a detailed "final directives" document of her wishes, and events that included hospice care, a few years earlier, to accompany a living will, and placing power of attorney with my brother. She always was, and will be remembered as a very positive and can-do lady, and she handled her final chapter with that same attitude and dignity.
Your articles here on the Forum are an integral part of my experiences, and the time I spend here.
Wishing you, peace and comfort.

Posts: 143 | Location: NoVA | Registered: August 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by astraightshooter:
JAllen Sir,
My mother spent her final time in a hospice, finally passing two years ago this month. She had prepared a detailed "final directives" document of her wishes, and events that included hospice care, a few years earlier, to accompany a living will, and placing power of attorney with my brother. She always was, and will be remembered as a very positive and can-do lady, and she handled her final chapter with that same attitude and dignity.
Your articles here on the Forum are an integral part of my experiences, and the time I spend here.
Wishing you, peace and comfort.

Thanks for that.

Just to be clear, I’m not in a hospice and have no plans to go to one, eating lousy food, etc.

I’m in a very comfortable spacious home and my favorite wife is taking very good care of me, so my misery is a lot better than many people’s misery.

She will eventually need some help. I think they may tie me to a big oak tree limb in the backyard and hose me off every few days. A barber is coming next week so I will be properly groomed for my birthday next weekend.

So far, so good.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Just make sure the rope is under your arm pits real good before they kick the horse!

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Would you like
a sandwich?
Picture of Dreamerx4
posted Hide Post
I really have enjoyed reading your posts over the years, you are a very kind man and have a keen wit.

Your presence will be missed.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Posts: 1044 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stopping by this fine Friday afternoon to wish you and yours peace and comfort.

Glad to see you posting today.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
JALLEN,

Though I've never benefitted from shaking your hand you have been to me a stalwart of essential knowledge, insight and wisdom, and I am a better person for having known you through our forum.

Though I am very sad I wish you Godspeed until we meet again. In the meantime we will hold the fort with the spirit of integrity and power of charachter you freely gave to us for so long.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Man am I relieved you can stay with us longer sir. There aint no hurry for a damn hospice. You just dont over do it Jim. Go easy and no raising hell. Glad you can still read us and post.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you sir. You have always seemed an honorable fellow, and when your time comes you will be missed.

-Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
my birthday next weekend.
I hope your birthday is filled with fun, family, and friends.

Posts: 5756 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post