SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Signed up for Hospice Care today
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Signed up for Hospice Care today Login/Join 
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
I just remembered this.
When I first joined Sig Forum and was a newbie, you taught me a lesson about perception and reality. I had posted a question about the fairly new to me CCW. I don’t remember the question, I remember your response.
I had posted under Location in the bottom of my post, the title of a Beatles song. ‘Happiness is a Warm Gun’.
I thought it a witty line to have on my every post. You responded that as an attorney, my online presence would be searched and that statement could be misconstrued as wanting to shoot someone and that I enjoyed having a warm gun. I had never thought of that and soon realized you were right. I took it down immediately.
I realized this forum was frequented by people who were deeper thinkers and more versed in topics I never gave much thought to. It wasn’t the only time you, or someone else here opened my eyes. I thank you for that. I, and many others, will miss your insight into the many diffferent topics here on Sf. I hope you realize how much affection we have for you.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear this. Like many others here I have really enjoyed your posts and have learned much from reading them. Best wishes to you and your family.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mlazarus:
Can you take visitors?

That is getting to be a tough question.

I have had some friends stop by, Chongo was passing through a couple of weeks ago and stopped in. These visits are relatively brief. I’m considerably worse than when Chongo came.

It’s getting to be fairly undignified. I’m not sure what the appeal would be to go see a bed ridden old man who may be unshaven, maybe unshowered, and maybe even a bit grumpy, depending.

I’m thinking of limiting visits to old girlfriends. They seem to enjoy a reminder of how lucky they were.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sense of Humor: Intact

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
yup....still have that sense of humor!
I’ve always enjoyed your posts Jallen, you’ve become one of the regulars here I always look at your threads....peace be with you

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Still sending you good vibes for your peace and comfort. Glad to see your wit here.

If you can post the cool stuff from up there, we’ll keep an eye out for you.

Maybe you’ll finally get the skinny on the future of our Nation’s experiment with democracy ... or the answer to Unified Theory, but seriously I hope for your comfort and your family’s love and support during the last steps of this journey. I know our lives are enriched by our internet relationship with you. Blue skies Mr. Allen.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Lol, JALLEN. I've avoided women from my past because I suffer from a desperate vanity. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I read all of your posts. I hope your hospice care is respectful and comfortable. I wish the very best for you, and your family. Take good care.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m thinking of limiting visits to old girlfriends. They seem to enjoy a reminder of how lucky they were.

By God! That's the spirit!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfest:

I hope you realize how much affection we have for you.

Truer words!

Truly, we have a wonderful family here.

Thank you, Jim, for always making it all the more special.

Many have already said what we are thinking and wishing for you.

May God comfort you and your family, and continue to guide you.

Hopefully, your wife doesn't mind all the many former girlfriends showing up like that Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
God bless and keep you and your family and friends!

Posts: 672 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
JALLEN I want you to know that I have learned so much from reading your posts over the years, especially regarding legal matters. You are a huge part of SiG Forum, and I am sure everyone here will agree that when you check out, that we all will be losing a very good friend. I do not know how much time you have left, but please know you have made a big difference. Thank you very much for everything you have done for all of us. God Speed.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just stopping by the thread to say I hope today finds you comfortable and at peace.

Take care.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Thanks for everything Jim. Regards, Tim

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Like so many others here, I always enjoy your posts. You've become a part of my daily life and when the times comes, you will be very much missed. Until then, I'll continue to look forward to reading what you have to say.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, you are one of the finest members of this community. I enjoyed reading your posts, though I have not personally posted to anyone of them. I admire your courage and strength, despite the bad news. I can sense that you are at peace and have accepted the fact that all of us will one day meet our creator.

God bless you and your family. You will be in my prayers. We will see you on the other side, someday. Until then, please keep on posting like you always do, if you can.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I always enjoy your posts. And I've got my ham license back thanks to you. I feel like I'm losing a very close acquaintance or friend, not just a name on a forum. You're in my thoughts.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I always enjoy your posts. And I've got my ham license back thanks to you. I feel like I'm losing a very close acquaintance or friend, not just a name on a forum. You're in my thoughts.

Yeah, I was happy about that, how it worked out. Enjoy!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Almost all of my neighbors are Special Forces folks, active duty and retired. (And a few retired AFSOC guys as well)

My Getzen and I will stand out on my rear balcony.

I'll raise the flag.

24 notes will pierce the night sky.

And they will hear, and they will know.

May God bless you and keep you.
May God cause the divine light to shine upon you and be gracious to you.
May God turn toward you, and grant you peace.

And let us all say; Omain.

Your invisible friend.

-Michael

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I have deliberately shied away from this thread as, although I deal with life and death on a daily basis, I never seem to know what to say.

You're a good man Jim. You've had a great life and rest assured that your progeny will carry on the lessons that you have taught them.

Despite being an attorney ( Wink) you've done great work that has positively affected many people that you don't even know. That's a great thing.

I am sure that there are many people around the world who are somehow better for having conversed with you over the air. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them as I don't care to learn CW. Big Grin. You have Elmered me once or twice and I appreciate the help you provided.

The wisdom and calm thought that you have provided here has always been appreciated even when I've wanted to run around like my hair was on fire.

I sincerely hope that your remaining days are pain free and peaceful. I'll pray for you, your wife-who's pain is unimaginable, and your family as a whole. Godspeed.

P.S. I still think that you're wrong about the 17th Amendment. Wink

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post