SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big National Security leak. Many top secret documents exposed. Arrest made.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big National Security leak. Many top secret documents exposed. Arrest made. Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Kash Patel, former chief of staff at the Pentagon, former deputy director of National Intelligence, does not believe “for a single second, this guy — a 21-year-old Air National Guardsman — ran this operation alone.”

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-extensive-cover-up/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If that is the case, why would there be no expectation that this kid would start talking his head off, or at least have his attorney leverage the kid's knowledge of the criminality of others in order to lessen the severity of his punishment?

I'm suspicious when the experts start telling us about conspiracies, because they say such things so often. I'm no so sure the experts are such experts about everything.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Expert” reminds of the old, old, joke.
An “Expert” is someone that lives over 50 miles out of town.

That’s what we believe in WV.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
“Expert” reminds of the old, old, joke.
An “Expert” is someone that lives over 50 miles out of town.

When I worked for US Treasury, our definition of an expert was..."Any son of a bitch from out of town with a briefcase."

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Believe NOTHING from these people.
I get that the founder was a kook but I still don't see where the content of their articles isn't different from the conservative views many of us here have. What is it that they are consistently wrong about? I ask because I'm missing what you're seeing and most of the time your and your brother's views are similar to mine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So why wasn't Alexander Vindman arrested for his leaks on Ukraine, too?

https://www.americanthinker.co..._on_ukraine_too.html

The press is all over the news that a 21-year-old Massachusetts Air National Guard enlisted man, Jack Teixeira, was arrested for leaking classified documents, all to impress his internet circle of friends.

Over at 100percentfedup, a popular Michigan blog, the irony of that was noted:

Alleged Pentagon document leaker Jack Teixeira was arrested Thursday and, according to Attorney General Merrick Garland, is now being investigated for the “alleged unauthorized removal, retention, and transmission of classified national defense information.”

Social Media users have responded to the conflict by calling for the arrest of Alex Vindman.

In 2019, Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman admitted while being questioned by the House Intelligence Committee Tuesday that he had leaked information to an anti-Trump whistleblower at the center of the Democrats’ partisan impeachment proceedings of President Donald Trump. Vindman attempted to provide talking points to Trump prior to his “infamous” Ukraine phone call and then leaked a mischaracterization of the call afterward.

Vindman was accused of leaking national security information but never served jail time.. One Twitter user made it clear that he believes there is a two-tiered system of justice in place. He said, “Despite destabilizing a Commander-in-Chief and helping provoke a war in Ukraine,” Vindman now goes on chat shows. Whereas Jack Teixeira leaked information showing how the government is lying to you and the world, I’m furtherance of those wars. He’s in a cell now.["]

Which does indeed underline a double standard in justice, given the severity of the charges and penalties small-fry Teixeira faces for his alleged misdeeds, and the lack of consequences of any kind for Vindman, as well as other leakers such as Hunter Biden, Andrew McCabe, Hillary Clinton and the rest, some of whom leaked to undercut President Trump and others who leaked to profit the Bidens. Teixeira's document dump leaked online undercut the Biden administration rather than the Trump administration, so in the era of Biden, the book was thrown.

Ahh, but Teixeira was not a whistleblower, the leftist press has been saying.

Wasn't he? According to Agence France-Presse, the media, citing his "friends," described him this way:

The portrait painted in the US media by people who know Teixeira is more one of a naive young man seeking to impress friends than a crusading whistleblower intent on blowing open American secrets.

According to this report in the Washington Post, which quoted a teenager as denying that Teixeira leaked for whistleblowing purposes, the description they provided provide pretty well proves he leaked for whistleblowing purposes:

One friend described Teixeira in an interview as patriotic, a devout Catholic and a libertarian with an interest in guns and doubts about America’s future.

Doubts about America's future?

Sounds like a whistleblower to me, given the motivation.

Perhaps the story was changed since I last read it, or perhaps I am misremembering the source, but I also recall a report specifically stating that Teixeira was unhappy about the U.S. involvement in the Ukraine war, which is supposedly why he leaked the document to his friends to "educate" them, which suggests even more pointedly that he would be some kind of whistleblower. I will update if I can find that source.

The WaPo also had this:

But OG had a dark view of the government. The young member said he spoke of the United States, and particularly law enforcement and the intelligence community, as a sinister force that sought to suppress its citizens and keep them in the dark. He ranted about “government overreach.”

OG told his online companions that the government hid horrible truths from the public. He claimed, according to the members, that the government knew in advance that a white supremacist intended to go on a shooting rampage at a Buffalo supermarket in May 2022.

More whistleblower fodder -- we heard a lot of that kind of talk in the 1960s and early 1970s when the Pentagon Papers were leaked.

Either way, both Vindman and Teixeira would both hold the same motives for their leaks, the same motives that other leakers and sellers of secrets dating at least back to the Pentagon Papers' Daniel Ellsberg and the Falcon and the Snowman 1970s, when Christopher Boyce justified his sale of classified secrets to the Russians in court as motivated by his outrage at U.S. spying on ally Australia.

These are pitiful cases, given the damage these small fry do to themselves, but they also are in the same class of cases as the high-ranking Washington swamp leakers, who leaked classified information to undercut President Trump, under cover of noble 'whistleblowing.' Those would include characters like former FBI director James Comey, who leaked through a friend at Columbia University various classified documents in order to reach the pages of the New York Times, and certainly Hunter Biden, who is credibly but circumstantially accused of copying classified documents (on Ukraine, same as Vindman and Teixeira) to corporate buyers and others. None of those characters has even remotely faced any consequences for their misdeeds and most continue to be feted in the press, or in the case of Hunter, continually shielded based on his relationship to Joe Biden, no matter how many sleazy, skeevy, corrupt things he does.

It's impunity like this that seeds the ground for leakers like Reality Winner and now Jack Teixeira, both of whom were also small-fry whistleblowers of sorts, certainly not important swamp things with political cover and protection. The fish rots from the head down, and so many leaks with impunity from the top has pretty well sent the message to the little guys that leaks are nothingburgers -- until the small fry learn to their surprise that they aren't in the same protected class as the big guys.

Something's wrong with this picture and far more arrests are warranted than the low-level fall guys we are seeing get the book thrown at them right now.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Believe NOTHING from these people.
I get that the founder was a kook but I still don't see where the content of their articles isn't different from the conservative views many of us here have. What is it that they are consistently wrong about? I ask because I'm missing what you're seeing and most of the time your and your brother's views are similar to mine.

Their "articles" border if not pander to send propaganda to their reader base.
Inching closer and closer to plain loony.

How many times have they been popped now for outright false stories?
The WT is a sensationalist rag. Believe nothing from them.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Epoch Times is owned by Falun Gong members. I don't agree with their religion but they have some of the most solid reporting you can find in America.

I am not as familiar with the Washington Times, but what I have seen with their articles never raised any red flags to me. They are a lot more reliable than The Gateway Pundit.

But maybe I missing something. It might be helpful to post some of their articles you have a problem with.

Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Epoch Times is owned by Falun Gong members. I don't agree with their religion but they have some of the most solid reporting you can find in America.

I am not as familiar with the Washington Times, but what I have seen with their articles never raised any red flags to me. They are a lot more reliable than The Gateway Pundit.

But maybe I missing something. It might be helpful to post some of their articles you have a problem with.

Really?! Anything from Bill White. Sam Francis.
Shit, ANYTHING by Marian Kester Coombs.
Hell Ted Nugent even stuck is big boot in his mouth more than one.

Damn, has ANYONE kept up with this shit rags??

Get fed a little of what they like and everyone ignores the garbage that comes out.

They are as bad as the leftist rags pandering to their base.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Not flashy but usually the correct answer.

https://www.newscientist.com/definition/occams-razor/

Posts: 9507 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Media reports he is/was a "Cyber Transport Systems" journeyman, which should be a 5-level.

Here's what the recruiting page says about the work:

https://www.airforce.com/caree...er-transport-systems

Among the requirements:

Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)

Tech school is 136 days at Keesler.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Get fed a little of what they like and everyone ignores the garbage that comes out.

No, I don't ignore propaganda, lies, etc., it's that I just don't see what it is about them that you disagree with. Granted, I don't read every article of The Washington Times every day so I'm sure there's some content I don't agree with that I miss, but the same can be said for any news outfit or commentary.

A while back a forum member posted an opinion similar to yours about The American Thinker which, again, I find to contain decent analysis and on the common-sense side of things, for the most part. Although I asked for anything specific that would help see things from his perspective, that didn't happen so I still have no idea how his view was shaped about the site and its content.

Like wcb092, I have to ask for help understanding what you are seeing that I'm not. Are there are any articles or other content on their site where you and Mars are seeing something that others are missing?

And the request goes for anyone - what specifically are you seeing about The Washington Times that makes them an irrelevant source of news? And, is it in every article or just every once in a while?

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leaked Document Shows American Smart Bombs Are Failing In Ukraine

https://www.zerohedge.com/mili...-are-failing-ukraine

American-made smart bombs are failing in Ukraine, based on successful Russian electronic jamming measures, according to a Pentagon document connected to alleged leaker Jack Teixeira.

The highly-classified document not only reviews use of effective Russian countermeasures to make the smart bombs ineffective, but also says that in some cases technical problems are resulting in failure to detonate.

A Biden administration defense aid program has involved sending the Joint Direct Attack Munition-Extended Range (JDAM-ER) to Ukraine in order to turn unguided bombs into GPS guided "smart bombs" capable of hitting targets over 50 miles away.

According to Politico:

A larger problem is that Russia is using GPS jamming to interfere with the weapons’ targeting process, according to the slide and a separate person familiar with the issue who’s not in the U.S. government. American officials believe Russian jamming is causing the JDAMs, and at times other American weapons such as guided rockets, to miss their mark.

"I do think there may be concern that the Russians may be jamming the signal used to direct the JDAMs, which would answer why these munitions are not performing in the manner expected and how they perform in other war zones," said Mick Mulroy, a former Pentagon official and retired CIA officer.

The document mentions that "1,000 arming lanyards" were approved for Ukrainian forces, suggesting that over 1,000 of the smart bomb kits will be sent.

Far from being the 'game changer' that Kiev hoped for, other major US-provided systems are failing as well. The leaked Pentagon documents elsewhere make mention of M270 and HIMARs rockets being thwarted by Russian forces' GPS jamming tactics. Some documents among the trove of leaks have consistently shown that Ukraine's military is generally beset by ammunition and weapons shortages, despite the billions in defense aid pledged from the West.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No document images, please. Let's think before we post, please.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The zerohedge site is old news now. The jammers have been taken care of.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:

No, I don't ignore propaganda, lies, etc., it's that I just don't see what it is about them that you disagree with. Granted, I don't read every article of The Washington Times every day so I'm sure there's some content I don't agree with that I miss, but the same can be said for any news outfit or commentary.

A while back a forum member posted an opinion similar to yours about The American Thinker which, again, I find to contain decent analysis and on the common-sense side of things, for the most part. Although I asked for anything specific that would help see things from his perspective, that didn't happen so I still have no idea how his view was shaped about the site and its content.

Like wcb092, I have to ask for help understanding what you are seeing that I'm not. Are there are any articles or other content on their site where you and Mars are seeing something that others are missing?

And the request goes for anyone - what specifically are you seeing about The Washington Times that makes them an irrelevant source of news? And, is it in every article or just every once in a while?

OK American Thinker is easy. Their felicitation of Jared Taylor.

https://www.americanthinker.co...olitics_of_race.html

THAT is garbage. and their support this man has me absolutely concerned with their path.

I get that this place is largely very conservative.
But Jared Taylor and their ilk are the wrong path of conservatism.

posted Hide Post
SC, I appreciate your reply but the evidence just isn't there for me to not consider American Thinker and The Washington Times as valid sources of news. While I'm no fan of Jared Taylor, to disregard the entirety of a news organization based on an article they printed about a person nine years ago seems an extreme response.

What I was hoping for was for an unveiling (to me, anyway) of an overarching issue(s) that infects all, or even the majority, of their reporting that I haven't been able to detect. Like I said previously, I don't agree with everything I read or hear from the above, and other, news outlets but for me to avoid something all together there has to be more proven bad information than otherwise which, by and large, I'm not seeing when I read or hear articles and news reports from Thinker, Fox, etc.

This is a good place, though, to get different thoughts and perspectives on pretty much any issue and although we disagree, your posts have caused me to increase my guard when it comes to receiving information, and that's not a bad thing.

SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The zerohedge site is old news now. The jammers have been taken care of.

It's just like ZeroHedge to headline "Leaked Document Shows American Smart Bombs Are Failing In Ukraine" over an image of the document with a highlighted section saying "JDAM-ER isn't 'failing'", of course. GPS jamming isn't new after all; even Iraq tried it 20 years ago. The issue here seems that Ukraine has naturally gotten the oldest guidance kits still in US inventory first, and they're dropping them from ex-Soviet aircraft types they're not really integrated with, so the target coordinates need to be set on the ground with no option to update them in flight. Add GPS spoofing, and those older kits can only revert to inertial guidance to hit a target that may or may not still be in the same position, with less accuracy. Hence the reported hit rate of 4/9 (still way better than unguided bombs though). Newer kits are better hardened against jamming, and also have laser and IIR guidance backup modes.

There's other sloppy reading/Chinese whisper reporting, like the claim that Ukraine is losing seven KIA for every Russian one. I don't know who came up with it; saw Laura Loomer of Project Veritas tweeting it, but think she too was repeating without checking. Of course even the altered version of the docs with the higher Ukrainian KIA numbers doesn't support this, unless you read only the first digits of 16-17.5k vs. 61.5-71.5k. More likely someone completely misunderstood the original version which showed a 1:7 KIA/WIA ratio for Ukraine, and 1:5 for Russia. And even that is still copied and pasted from official Ukrainian statements, and highly suspect. I think 16-17.5k KIA is almost ridiculously low for either side, unless you're looking only at regular troops, excluding the territorial forces, national guard, police units and international volunteers fighting for Ukraine, and the Rosgvardia, separatist militia and other volunteers on the Russian.

Overall it's interesting how Russian disinfo laundry outlets aimed at Western audiences like ZeroHedge are putting a "Ukraine is losing" spin on the leaks while actual Russian sources are widely maintaining that "the leaks are American disinformation trying to provoke Russia into a foolish attack, and that the media mouthpieces of Western intelligence claim the opposite proves it". Probably in large part because the somber look at the Ukrainian forces is embarassing for their excuse that they only haven't defeated them after over a year, and in fact lost a lot of the territory they originally took, because they're really fighting the whole might of NATO, including actual Western troops in disguise. The affirmation how deeply US intelligence has penetrated Russian decisionmaking and the suggestions of institutional infighting, with the FSB allegedly accusing the military of hiding the true extent of Russian casualties, too, can't help either.

Posts: 2416 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BansheeOne:

Overall it's interesting how Russian disinfo laundry outlets aimed at Western audiences like ZeroHedge are putting a "Ukraine is losing" spin on the leaks while actual Russian sources are widely maintaining that "the leaks are American disinformation trying to provoke Russia into a foolish attack, and that the media mouthpieces of Western intelligence claim the opposite proves it". Probably in large part because the somber look at the Ukrainian forces is embarassing for their excuse that they only haven't defeated them after over a year, and in fact lost a lot of the territory they originally took, because they're really fighting the whole might of NATO, including actual Western troops in disguise. The affirmation how deeply US intelligence has penetrated Russian decisionmaking and the suggestions of institutional infighting, with the FSB allegedly accusing the military of hiding the true extent of Russian casualties, too, can't help either.

WOW BansheeOne it has now infected Politico also.

https://www.politico.com/news/...ed-docs-say-00091600

posted Hide Post
Airman's Leaks Started Just 48 Hours After Russia Invaded Ukraine

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...ssia-invaded-ukraine

The Pentagon's humiliation just grew deeper, as it turns out National Guard Airman Jack Teixeira's leaks of classified documents started far earlier than has previously been reported.

Tipped off about a second, 600-member Discord chat group where Teixeira also posted, the New York Times found the Massachusetts Air National Guard information technology specialist started sharing information about the war in Ukraine within 48 hours of Russia's February 2022 invasion. In contrast to the previously reported chat group, this one was far larger and was publicly listed on a YouTube channel.

This development makes the intelligence community's failure to discover the posts all the more embarrassing: The document used to criminally charge Teixeira says he started posting in December 2022, but it turns out his stream of leaks spanned 13 months.

The Times matched Teixeira to the account in the newly-publicized chat room by a variety of means, including the user name, photos he posted that match known photos of his family home's interior, a reference to his birthday, and, not least, the user's declaration that he worked in an Air Force intelligence unit.

Teixeira jumped into leak mode just two days after the Russian invasion, posting, “Saw a pentagon report saying that ⅓rd of the force is being used to invade." When others in the chat room questioned his information, he wrote, "I have a little more than open source info. Perks of being in a USAF intel unit.”

In a March 27, 2022 post in which he said he was citing "an NSA site," Teixeira told the group Russian forces were about to pull back from Kiev: “Some ‘big’ news. There may be a planned withdrawal of the troops west of Kiev, as in all of them.” Two days later, Russia announced it was doing just that.

“The job I have lets me get privilege’s above most intel guys,” he boasted with imperfect punctuation. When another chat participant cautioned him not to abuse those privileges, Teixeira fittingly replied, "Too late."

While establishment newspapers are eagerly beating the government to the punch at every turn in this case, the next significant drop of government information could come at a pretrial detention hearing, which on Wednesday was postponed for two weeks to May 3, at defense counsel's request.

So far, Teixeira's been charged with unlawful retention and transmission of national defense information and unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents. Two guilty verdicts could put him in prison for up to 15 years.

More at link