SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Big National Security leak. Many top secret documents exposed. Arrest made.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big National Security leak. Many top secret documents exposed. Arrest made. Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
From one of the articles that I read:

“The Times reported that Teixeira "oversaw a private online group named Thug Shaker Central, where about 20 to 30 people, mostly young men and teenagers, came together over a shared love of guns, racist online memes and video games."

If I’m active duty and a participant in this dude’s “Thug Shaker Central” Discord channel…on a scale of 1-10, what is my pucker factor right now?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Who is giving high level clearances to people like this? Is the FBI responsible for the screening? In years past there was very thorough and comprehensive vetting.

I would imagine it’s as extensive as when I was in (90-94). For my TS CNWDI they actually talked to people in the neighborhood I grew up in and went to High School with.
Yep. Back in the 1960s my BI for a TS was very thorough. My parents mentioned that relatives and friends all over the country were wondering what was up when they were questioned about me. I also had to submit a federal form listing every place I'd lived, FROM BIRTH. Considering that my family moved around a lot when I was a child (my dad was an itinerant construction worker), it wasn't easy. (I'd like to get a copy of that document to assist in my family history.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
From one of the articles that I read:

“The Times reported that Teixeira "oversaw a private online group named Thug Shaker Central, where about 20 to 30 people, mostly young men and teenagers, came together over a shared love of guns, racist online memes and video games."n.

If I’m active duty and a participant in this dude’s “Thug Shaker Central” Discord channel…on a scale of 1-10, what is my pucker factor right now?

To reiterate- “young men and teenagers, came together over a shared love of guns, racist online memes”

These days, on a scale of 1-10, you’d be somewhere a bit above 10.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:

The Supreme Court leak was a one shot thing in an organization where everyone was a top level legal genius, that trusted people to be quiet and had zero way to monitor anything and with investigators having less than full authority to investigate with individuals having both the right and authority to tell the investigators to "f*^k off" when it comes into looking into their business...

Who exactly did the investigation into the Supreme Court leak? I don't think of that agency as having criminal investigators.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Who is giving high level clearances to people like this? Is the FBI responsible for the screening? In years past there was very thorough and comprehensive vetting.

I would imagine it’s as extensive as when I was in (90-94). For my TS CNWDI they actually talked to people in the neighborhood I grew up in and went to High School with.
Yep. Back in the 1960s my BI for a TS was very thorough. My parents mentioned that relatives and friends all over the country were wondering what was up when they were questioned about me. I also had to submit a federal form listing every place I'd lived, FROM BIRTH. (I'd like to get a copy of that document to assist in my family history.)

Like Flashguy, the process for me getting my TS and compartmentalized clearance was intense.
I was friends with the head of security who was former FBI and managed to get a copy of my investigative report's address history. He also let me read the full report. It was amazing. They interviewed people I'd forgotten about and yes went all the way back to my birth. Took the better part of a year.

No clue how things are now although I do recall a period well over a decade back where subcontractors were being used and there was an obscene backlog of routine clearance related investigations.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leaked Pentagon Documents Show Mossad Encouraged Staff to Protest Against Netanyahu’s Government

https://www.jewishpress.com/ne...vernment/2023/04/09/

The leadership of Mossad encouraged agency staff to participate in the anti-Netanyahu government protests, according to top-secret documents revealed in a major Pentagon leak, the New York Times reported Saturday (Documents allege that Israel’s spy agency encouraged anti-government protests).

The Pentagon is investigating social-media posts claiming to reveal highly classified American government documents, mostly originated by the CIA, on key international issues, possibly the most dangerous intelligence breach since Julius and Ethel Rosenberg. The more than 100 images marked “Top Secret” were posted on the message board of the Minecraft computer game on or about March 1. So far, more than 60 of those files have been downloaded by various individuals.

The documents are photographs of printouts, and pertain to several sensitive national security matters, such as the campaign against ISIS; how US allies in the Middle East and Europe feel about cooperation with Russia; the situation in Ukraine; a UK military plan to counter China in the Pacific, and a CIA assessment that Viktor Orban’s Hungary, a member of NATO, today views the US as an enemy.

One of the leaked documents, dated March 1 and titled, “CIA Intel Update,” suggests that the leadership of Mossad encouraged the leftist protests against Justice Minister Yariv Levin’s judicial reforms: Mossad leaders “advocated for Mossad officials and Israeli citizens to protest against the new Israeli Government’s proposed judicial reforms, including several explicit calls to action that decried the Israeli Government.”

The only remaining question is: what’s the big secret? Israeli media publicized Mossad’s support for the anti-government protests months ago. On February 24, Israel Hayom reported: Head of the Mossad announced: members of the organization will be able to participate in the protest against the judicial reform.”

According to Israel Hayom, many Mossad staff members wanted to take part in the widespread protests against the judicial reform, and the head of the organization, David Barnea, consulted with the Mossad legal counsel, who issued a directive allowing employees who are not heads of departments to go out and demonstrate. The participants were instructed not to reveal their association with the clandestine agency during the protests, not give interviews, and not take any steps that would indicate party affiliation.

Regarding heads of departments and other seniors, the legal counsel ordered them not to participate in the protests because of “visibility issues.”

Makes you wonder if the CIA simply misread the Israeli newspapers.

Now, here’s something we haven’t seen before: the NYT confirms those angry tweets by Yair Netanyahu, the Prime Minister’s combative son: “The information included in the leaked documents … has some overlap with unsubstantiated accusations promoted by Yair Netanyahu, the prime minister’s son. The younger Mr. Netanyahu has claimed that hostile elements inside Israel’s intelligence community and the US State Department were behind the protest.”

What do you know…

On March 28, the Jewish Press cited the Russian news agency TASS suggested the United States strongly influences the situation inside Israel and its role in masterminding mass protests in the country cannot be ruled out (TASS: US Behind the Mass Anti-Government Protests in Israel).

The news agency cited Andrey Bystritsky, Chairman of the Moscow-based think tank Valdai Discussion Club, who cautioned that “it would be an oversimplification to say the protests in Israel are a result of direct US impact,” but noted that at the same time, “it is obvious that the United States’ influence on the current situation inside Israel is strong. Certain parts of the US elite are biased toward the current leader of Israel. This is also a hard fact. As one of the factors for the current situation in the country US influence is not ruled out.”

The Prime Minister’s Office, released a statement on behalf of the Mossad,

“The report that was published overnight in the American press is mendacious and without any foundation whatsoever. The Mossad and its senior officials did not – and do not – encourage agency personnel to join the demonstrations against the government, political demonstrations or any political activity.

“The Mossad and its serving senior personnel have not engaged in the issue of the demonstrations at all and are dedicated to the value of service to the state that has guided the Mossad since its founding.”

Back to the NYT’s revelations, they describe a resounding victory for the Mossad staff and other high-ranking military officials in their coup d’état against Netanyahu’s legally elected government: “Ultimately, the protesters stalled the proposal’s progress and the government said it would shelve the legislation until at least the summer.”

As the prophet Isaiah put it: “Those who ravage and ruin you will come from your midst.” (Isaiah 49:17).

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
They are probably as forthcoming about this as they were Benghazi. Trust everything they say.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

The leadership of Mossad encouraged agency staff to participate in the anti-Netanyahu government protests,

Gee, I wonder where they learned how to do that?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe nothing the Biden clown show says. Name one thing they have told the truth about. I'm tired of hearing lie after lie from this bunch of incompetent fools. I'm more concerned about what the leaked documents say. Oh gee, the exact opposite of what the clown show is saying.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
From NYT:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/0...a-pentagon-leak.html

The Airman Who Wanted to Give Gamers a Real Taste of War

The group liked online war games. But then Jack Teixeira, an active-duty airman, began showing them classified documents, members say.

The 21-year-old National Guard airman was frantic as he joined a call with members of a small online gamer community that has improbably ended up at the center of a federal investigation into a major U.S. security breach.

It sounded as if the airman, Jack Teixeira, was in a speeding car, said a member of the group who uses the screen name Vahki.

“Guys, it’s been good — I love you all,” Airman Teixeira said, Vahki recounted. “I never wanted it to get like this. I prayed to God that this would never happen. And I prayed and prayed and prayed. Only God can decide what happens from now on.”

On Thursday, the F.B.I. arrested Airman Teixeira, an hour and a half after The New York Times identified him as the administrator of the online group, Thug Shaker Central, where a cache of leaked intelligence documents that riveted the world for a week first appeared.

It was Airman Teixeira, a member of the Massachusetts National Guard, his friends in the group said, who somehow obtained the classified documents and posted them to the group. From there, they eventually spilled into the open, potentially compromising U.S. intelligence gathering and damaging relations with allies.

In interviews, members of Thug Shaker Central said their group had started out as a place where young men and teenage boys could gather amid the isolation of the pandemic to bond over their love of guns, share memes — sometimes racist ones — and play war-themed video games.

But Airman Teixeira, who one member of the group called O.G. and was also its unofficial leader, wanted to teach the young acolytes who gravitated to him about actual war, members said.
And so, beginning in at least October, Airman Teixeira, who was attached to the Guard’s intelligence unit, began sharing descriptions of classified information, group members and law enforcement officials said, eventually uploading hundreds of pages of documents, including detailed battlefield maps from Ukraine and confidential assessments of Russia’s war machine.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner

I question how a 21-year old Enlisted individual had TOP SECRET access to this classified.

I was 19 when I got my TS.
I didn't fuck it up. I wasn't leaking information, selling information, or talking about any information.

There was a bunch of others in my Unit that were the same age and slightly older, they didn't fuck it up either.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me WHY this happened?
Anyone? Anybody at all?....

Oh, you in the back have your hand up-

Yes! Yes you're absolutely right! It's because we didn't do to the last treasonous lil shit what we should have done.
Rope + Tree + lil traitors neck = a pretty good deterrent for the next asshole.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I have never been in the military or had any level of government clearance. Can someone confirm that when you get your clearance they have a very detailed list of thou shall and thou shalt not?

He can pray all he wants. God can't help him now. I'm guessing that he had a lot of internal warning signs that he just ignored.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I was 19 when I got my TS.

I know a lot of Marines, particularly officers that got their security clearance pulled. After the Johnny Walker spy gate, the Corps pulled about 75 percent of their “non essential” security clearances to reduce availability of classified material. I only assumed that things hadn’t changed.

I actually forgot all about it until a few years ago when I was getting my security clearance for my current job.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Can anyone tell me WHY this happened?
Anyone? Anybody at all?....

Lazy security leading to multiple breaches.
Regardless of the sensitivity or accuracy, Texiera was posting and sending out this information to stroke his ego amongst other gamers. He's fucked. This one action, he’ll never get out from under. No college financing, no loans, kiss goodbye any LEO position, security or job with fiduciary responsibilities. Even getting hired by a fast food place is gonna be a challenge. All because he couldn't keep his ego in-check. His leadership is fucked as much as he is, their career is in the toilet and one has to wonder, has the DoD learned anything from the handful of 'whistleblower' leaks that have occurred the last two decades? Who the fuck wants to play with the US after leaks by Manning, Assange and this asshole.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
The way I. have read this stuff up ton is that there are three fun levels that we may see more of, or less depending on whose feelings are hurt.

first is the perpetrator himself. I think as has been dealt with here that he is hosed. What he released has international implications. The indicators that we have men in combat advisory positions is huge. I've read about special operators in the rear with the gear and wondered why bother, this guy might clear it up. Casualty reports putting the lie to every press briefing in more than six months. What I heard earlier was that KIAs are at 7:1 Ukes to Russians. I assume everything is in flux and those figures will come out too as either verified or bogus, but now we have a view from somebody besides the NYFTimes. the guy has kicked over the nest no matter his reasons.

Second is chain of command. How many princelings were supposedly in charge of this one man cluster fuck? This was not a situation of a guy finding some notes in the break room. This was a months long release on varied topics. Is no one minding the store? Is the no one-over-one review of what is going where? Some one might ask me why I think it's that simple. I don't think it's simple at all. That's the point. This guy is a youngster at a lower enlisted rank. Is there not a series of smart fellers that check what's rolling over the electrons and asking "How come this and that ar on the way out the for?" Does anybody think any head over a field-grade if that will roll. General her fired for lying to the FBI. A strategic leak of this size, scope and nature ought to catch at least one gray head.

Third is that as this stuff has come out tonight there is more and more refutation of the Pentagon's and the Administrations babbling points. But beyond their choice to misinform the population (it's your fault for believing them) it's the new 'facts' as offered. We have apparently been positioning the war that just 30 more vapor ware tanks will turn the tide and our leaker says it's bogus. The Ukrainians are in far worse shape that we have been led to believe.

I suppose by A.M Thursday the midnight oil will have been spilt, the bag-holders identified and we can get back to pronouns.

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
AS I remember back in the late 60"s thru the late 70" while in the Army if you were able to get a "TS" or top secret or higher clearance it did not matter of who you were / your job title / your rank even being a senior officer if you did not have the need to know then you are not allowed access to said information. ........... Seems like in this leak incident somebody dropped the ball in the screening process as well as once some of this information started to surface why did it take so long to put a stop to the leak..... Maybe more people will be found out to be involve on the government side as well as the civilian side... Now it is time for damage control and plugging the leak. ....... Guess we will just have to wait and see how the government comes clean or tries to continue with a cover_up. ...................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I was a contractor with an IT firm with TS clearance. The checks were thorough and went as far as Europe to check with relatives etc as well as all schools, friends etc. Theres thousands of people with clearances. Maybe he was an IT wiz and good at we did. He should be made an example of and severely punished.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Corsair...to CPD Sig's point. If the accused is guilty then he shouldn't have to worry about a career.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I have never been in the military or had any level of government clearance. Can someone confirm that when you get your clearance they have a very detailed list of thou shall and thou shalt not?

He can pray all he wants. God can't help him now. I'm guessing that he had a lot of internal warning signs that he just ignored.

When I got mine, the major told a small group of us about the Rosenbergs (look them up in you are unfamiliar). We knew exactly what to do and what not to do. Our nuclear training involved TS CNWDI (critical nuclear weapon design info) material so the first and last day of training we inventoried every single page of our manuals. Yes, even the intentionally blank pages were accounted for. It was explained to us that if pages were missing, the men in black suits would find us. This was way before cell phones but we all knew the seriousness of it all. We frequently had access to TS info and it was never taken lightly. I have no idea of how this guys unit treated it but security was always strict. Safe combos were changed frequently, inventories were frequently done and everyone knew their job was on the line for errors and jail time was likely too.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post