SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Magholder - Horizontal Magazine Pouch
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magholder - Horizontal Magazine Pouch Login/Join 
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheFrontRange:
Magholder, welcome aboard! I’ve been a fan / user of your product for years now for both 1911 and Glock magazines.

My preference for this product is to be able to draw the mag with my left hand, wearing the Magholder at the 10 or even 11 o’clock position. I want bullets-up, so, if I’m remembering the ordering process I followed, I actually ordered a right-hand draw orientation and, when attaching the Magholder to my belt, slip it on from the bottom edge of the belt rather than over the top edge, if that makes sense. (And my apologies, Magholder, if the ordering process or directions have changed over time).

I found a pic I took a couple of years back of what / how I was carrying some items at the time. Here’s a Magholder for 1911 magazines. The view would be facing the wearer, with the Magholder at the wearer’s 10-ish / 11-ish o’clock. Note how the Magholder LLC logo appears upside-down; this illustrates that this is technically a right-hand draw ‘Holder tasked for left-hand use, bullets-up. Compare my pic to the pic in the first post in this thread regarding bullets-up vs. -down and how the Magholder is affixed to the belt, from the bottom or top edge of the belt.

I’ve had no issues regarding magazine stability or retention, no issues with the Magholder itself remaining secure on the belt; it may shift laterally as the magazine is withdrawn quickly during practice, but gets shifted right back into place when a new magazine is placed onboard. The Magholder dons to the wearer’s belt quickly and removes easily when desired, all without undoing the belt.

Great picture and review. I sincerely appreciate it. You are 100% correct regarding ordering the opposite hand orientation and putting it "upside down" on your belt to get the bullets facing up orientation. If you have a chance or time, we'd certainly appreciate you leaving a review on our website for the 1911 Magholder you purchased so many years ago. See below for the link:

https://magholder.com/collecti...der-for-1911-pistols

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skyline009:
Don't see any pouch for 1911 7 round, please kindly point me to that thanks.

The regular 1911 Magholder will fit this mag. Thanks for your interest:

https://magholder.com/collecti...der-for-1911-pistols

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Do you have a storefront so locals could swing over and view your products or at least save on shipping by picking up a magazine holder directly? It looks like you are now in Cedar Hills and several members are in AF, Highland, Lehi, Orem, etc.

Thanks.

Posts: 12460 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Do you have a storefront so locals could swing over and view your products or at least save on shipping by picking up a magazine holder directly? It looks like you are now in Cedar Hills and several members are in AF, Highland, Lehi, Orem, etc.

Thanks.

I don't have a storefront but regularly either have customers swing by my house, or I meet customers wherever they are! When you place your order there should be a local delivery option, then shoot me a text or call me at 801-396-0078 and we can figure out the logistics.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
@magholderusa thank you and will-do; I’ll leave some positive feedback on both the 1911 and the Glock Magholders I have.

Mild long-shot question here - any thoughts toward an offering to fit Browning Hi-Power magazines? I realize that’s not really a mainstream gun these days, but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask! Smile

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by magholderusa:
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:

Thanks.

I don't have a storefront but regularly either have customers swing by my house, or I meet customers wherever they are! When you place your order there should be a local delivery option, then shoot me a text or call me at 801-396-0078 and we can figure out the logistics.

^^^^
Thanks

Posts: 12460 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

So the only question I have that I wasn't sure by your description (sorry if i missed it) was are you pulling to the rear? or the front?

I understand you want bullets facing up on your left side, but just need to know if you are pulling to the rear, or front then I can tell you which one to get.

I think I want my magazine on my left side, ammo pointing down, and pull it forward to the front to take it out of the holder.

Is that the "normal" and efficient way? What I want is the efficient way for a right handed person who will pull the mag with his left hand.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:

I think I want my magazine on my left side, ammo pointing down, and pull it forward to the front to take it out of the holder.

Is that the "normal" and efficient way? What I want is the efficient way for a right handed person who will pull the mag with his left hand.

I think "normal" is, whatever is comfortable for you. For me, the only change I would make in your setup would be to have the pull to the rear.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
quote:

I think "normal" is, whatever is comfortable for you. For me, the only change I would make in your setup would be to have the pull to the rear.

I’d agree - whether bullets-up (my personal preference) or -down, I’d think you’d want your left hand extracting the mag to the rear. Where on the belt exactly you envision placing the Magholder might play a role in that, too, of course.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
@magholderusa thank you and will-do; I’ll leave some positive feedback on both the 1911 and the Glock Magholders I have.

Mild long-shot question here - any thoughts toward an offering to fit Browning Hi-Power magazines? I realize that’s not really a mainstream gun these days, but figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask! Smile

Let me do some digging around and see if I can find a magazine for that pistol.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So the only question I have that I wasn't sure by your description (sorry if i missed it) was are you pulling to the rear? or the front?

I understand you want bullets facing up on your left side, but just need to know if you are pulling to the rear, or front then I can tell you which one to get.

Forgot to respond to your post. But I would agree with the other comments, I hate to say what "normal" is as everyone is different. However that being said 90% of our customers purchase a Left Side pulling to the rear with bullets facing down.

If you want to pull to the front on your left side with bullets facing up, you would order the Left side but wear it upside down.

If you want to pull to the rear on your left side with bullets facing up you would order the Right side but wear it upside down.

There are quite a few different variations that our customers wear the Magholder and there is no "right" or "normal" way.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thank you and, if you need one for development and testing, I’d be happy to supply one! Smile

Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thank you and, if you need one for development and testing, I’d be happy to supply one! Smile

I actually found one easily through my supplier. Should have it by next week. Stay tuned.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

We received that magazine are excited to be able to offer a Magholder for that pistol. See below:

https://magholder.com/collecti...riant=41224649670834

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Just received mine today. Wow, the retention is excellent. I will carry it tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick service!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2838 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
Just received mine today. Wow, the retention is excellent. I will carry it tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick service!

Glad to hear it! Thanks for being a Magholder customer! We'd love to hear what you think and if you have time, to leave a review on our website!

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

We received that magazine are excited to be able to offer a Magholder for that pistol. See below:

https://magholder.com/collecti...riant=41224649670834

Hey, this is great! My apologies, as I’ve just now seen this update. I’ll place an order shortly!

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Wearing mine today.
Don't even notice it being there.

It held up to a 2 day business trip last week, lots of driving and crawling through old buildings in the snow. Didn't even notice it was there.

Very happy customer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you!

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA