SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Magholder - Horizontal Magazine Pouch
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magholder - Horizontal Magazine Pouch Login/Join 
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I like the concept and want to support vendors on the forum. But for me, no joy! The website lists a holder for the P320, but does not list them by caliber. So my assumption is the holders fit P320 9mm or .40 mags. I use .45 P320 mags.

Thanks for the question! Unfortunately you are correct, the P320 model does NOT fit the .45acp version right now.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I will watch your site for updates.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16062 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Getting support as a new member to the forum in such a fashion, with blessings/endorsements from the mods/owners, is comendable.

Placed an order.

Happy to report my experience when the product arrives.

As for shopping and checkout, all went quite smooth and the site promotes plenty of secure feelings as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not sure I need the product, but I like helping pro 2A, USA made companies. Good luck with your venture. I'm looking forward to giving it some range time, and perhaps a review.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13949 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I wasn't aware I was being in anyway impolite.
Well, now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

I gave up being patronized when I was 14. If you want to make more out of that comment than was intended, then you go right ahead, but I'm not apologizing for a straightforward statement. It appears now, that the vendor is a genuine provider of USA made goods and I applaud him/them for doing it, and you for checking it out for the benefit of the membership.

However, at the time I posted I was not privy to any of that information. Now do what you wish, ban me, moderate me or whatever. As you often state, 'This is your house' and I'll accept whatever you deem appropriate.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Pyker…really dude.

Don’t shit on the man’s thread.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3472 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
Getting support as a new member to the forum in such a fashion, with blessings/endorsements from the mods/owners, is comendable.

Placed an order.

As for shopping and checkout, all went quite smooth and the site promotes plenty of secure feelings as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not sure I need the product, but I like helping pro 2A, USA made companies. Good luck with your venture. I'm looking forward to giving it some range time, and perhaps a review.

Thank you for the order and support! Processed your order and it will ship out tomorrow!

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Pyker you're making more than small bets today sir!

"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13949 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pyker, just relax. You're not getting banned, no one is asking you to apologize, and if anyone is making more out of this than it is, it's you. It's too late for drama. I'm going to bed.

And for your information, I am not the one who points out this is my house. Other people do that when they don't like it when I lay down the law. "Your house, your rules" is what they usually say, as if there's any need to point that out. I don't need to say any such thing, just like I don't feel the need to tag my username with "owner" or "admin".

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by magholderusa:
quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:

Placed an order.

Thank you for the order and support! Processed your order and it will ship out tomorrow!
I noticed that the second email stating, "Shipped" was lightning fast.

Thanks. Soon it will be out of our control and in the hands of the inept USPS! We won't hold their incompetence against you... also, I'll let you know when I get it, so you can get a fair indication of shipping times to Alaska.

Thanks again. Best of luck in your venture.

www.rikrlandvs.com

His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

Any questions or comments please reach out and let me know!

I like the idea of a horizontal mag carrier but I have two points of clarification.

1) Maybe it's just me but I'm having a hard time understanding the "hand orientation" option even after reading the details in the description about whether you're right or left handed and watching the video.

2) So I'm right handed, I pull my spare magazine from my left side. The magazine is bottom up, front forward, and canted forward. When I pull the magazine, my forefinger is aligned downward aligned with the front of the magazine and my hand motion is up and forward and I flip my wrist up to insert the magazine into the mag well.

On your picture, I see the magazine on the guy's left side, bottom facing rearward, and the front of the magazine facing down. Am I correct? ​

How am I suppose to pull out the magazine? I'm suppose to grab it with my forefinger along the bottom, palm against the magazine bottom, pull backwards, then move forward and up?

I've not used a horizontal mag before so your feedback would be appreciated but I'm thinking I would prefer the magazine bottom be facing forward on my left with the magazine front towards the ground wo be close to what I described as how I use the spare mag holder. If so, which hand orientation would give me this set up?

I guess one suggestion for future improvement would be to make one set up changeable to different orientation. The benefit to this would be a lot less inventory and different part numbers. You immediately cut in half the number of part numbers for each model since you won't worry about left or right hand orientation.

This would also allow customers to experiment as to which configuration works best for them.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I've used one of these for the last three years for my HK 9mm mags. I like to run it upside down so the bullets face up and the mag extracts from the holder to the left when placed at 11:30 on my belt. Very comfortable, secure, and conceals well.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have recently been carrying one of the Safariland horizontal mag pouches and love it.

But a Para approved US made small business? I’ll try it. While I like the Velcro cover on the safariland at your price point I’m willing to give it a shot. Welcome to the forum!!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Magholder, welcome aboard! I’ve been a fan / user of your product for years now for both 1911 and Glock magazines.

My preference for this product is to be able to draw the mag with my left hand, wearing the Magholder at the 10 or even 11 o’clock position. I want bullets-up, so, if I’m remembering the ordering process I followed, I actually ordered a right-hand draw orientation and, when attaching the Magholder to my belt, slip it on from the bottom edge of the belt rather than over the top edge, if that makes sense. (And my apologies, Magholder, if the ordering process or directions have changed over time).

I found a pic I took a couple of years back of what / how I was carrying some items at the time. Here’s a Magholder for 1911 magazines. The view would be facing the wearer, with the Magholder at the wearer’s 10-ish / 11-ish o’clock. Note how the Magholder LLC logo appears upside-down; this illustrates that this is technically a right-hand draw ‘Holder tasked for left-hand use, bullets-up. Compare my pic to the pic in the first post in this thread regarding bullets-up vs. -down and how the Magholder is affixed to the belt, from the bottom or top edge of the belt.

I’ve had no issues regarding magazine stability or retention, no issues with the Magholder itself remaining secure on the belt; it may shift laterally as the magazine is withdrawn quickly during practice, but gets shifted right back into place when a new magazine is placed onboard. The Magholder dons to the wearer’s belt quickly and removes easily when desired, all without undoing the belt.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't see any pouch for 1911 7 round, please kindly point me to that thanks.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I bought one of your mag holders several years ago.
Can't trust it, mags have a tendency to "creep" out of the holder. I requested a holder for a Sig 239, got one that says Model 1911.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4132 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of radinski
posted Hide Post
Ordered one for my P365.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: January 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nice design. I like the many detailed photos on the website so that I can see exactly how this is put together, holds the magazine, and attaches to the belt.

I think I'll be picking one up soon. Since I always have another item on my belt at ~8:30, I'll need to put it further to the rear, around 7:00.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:

Any questions or comments please reach out and let me know!

I like the idea of a horizontal mag carrier but I have two points of clarification.

1) Maybe it's just me but I'm having a hard time understanding the "hand orientation" option even after reading the details in the description about whether you're right or left handed and watching the video.

2) So I'm right handed, I pull my spare magazine from my left side. The magazine is bottom up, front forward, and canted forward. When I pull the magazine, my forefinger is aligned downward aligned with the front of the magazine and my hand motion is up and forward and I flip my wrist up to insert the magazine into the mag well.

On your picture, I see the magazine on the guy's left side, bottom facing rearward, and the front of the magazine facing down. Am I correct? ​

How am I suppose to pull out the magazine? I'm suppose to grab it with my forefinger along the bottom, palm against the magazine bottom, pull backwards, then move forward and up?

I've not used a horizontal mag before so your feedback would be appreciated but I'm thinking I would prefer the magazine bottom be facing forward on my left with the magazine front towards the ground wo be close to what I described as how I use the spare mag holder. If so, which hand orientation would give me this set up?

I guess one suggestion for future improvement would be to make one set up changeable to different orientation. The benefit to this would be a lot less inventory and different part numbers. You immediately cut in half the number of part numbers for each model since you won't worry about left or right hand orientation.

This would also allow customers to experiment as to which configuration works best for them.

So the only question I have that I wasn't sure by your description (sorry if i missed it) was are you pulling to the rear? or the front?

I understand you want bullets facing up on your left side, but just need to know if you are pulling to the rear, or front then I can tell you which one to get.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
I bought one of your mag holders several years ago.
Can't trust it, mags have a tendency to "creep" out of the holder. I requested a holder for a Sig 239, got one that says Model 1911.

In all honestly we have a few base models we use for all of our Magholders that receive a small customization to accomodate a specific model.

That being said, the "Model 1911" actually means nothing and needs to be removed from our molds as a few of our non-1911 models also have that on them for some reason.

Thanks for your feedback. If you still have your Magholder laying around I actually might be interested to get it back from you and to replace it. We are constantly improving our products and wanting to ensure our customers are happy.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Nice design. I like the many detailed photos on the website so that I can see exactly how this is put together, holds the magazine, and attaches to the belt.

I think I'll be picking one up soon. Since I always have another item on my belt at ~8:30, I'll need to put it further to the rear, around 7:00.

Sounds great! Thanks for the website feedback.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA