SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eddie Van Halen died
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eddie Van Halen died Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
RIP Frown

This one hurts.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/06...dead-dies-cancer-65/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Part of my youth gone, sad, too young...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...b_channel=Hazardteam

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Yup, sad day for all musicians, fans, friends and the family.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2222 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Dang, thats a bummer. Lots of great memories with Van Halen in the background during high school and college. Saw them once...great show.

Posts: 3260 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hell of a talent, I know he'd been dealing with cancer of various forms for some time now, too bad.

Posts: 15084 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Damn. Frown

Man, 2020 suuuuucks. Frown

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
horrible news...

RIP Eddie

Posts: 53850 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Wow. Wasn't expecting that.

Posts: 11697 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
2020. /sigh

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
2020 continues to suck, that is terrible news.

Posts: 752 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Wow, RIP Eddie, you'll be missed, but your music will live on forever.

Posts: 5821 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Dang, RIP Frown

Posts: 2681 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Well shit. Frown

RIP to a hell of a guitarist.

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Best song and video I think. Huge naval aviation fan and =VH= fan.

Frown

The "Boz"

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's crazy. I was a big fan, 1984 and 5150 were released while I was still in high school. I feel really old now.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3634 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Eddie

he was an icon

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Holy cow..... Didn't see that coming!!!

My 5 close HS friends and I never went anywhere.... Anywhere.... Without 1984 and later 5150.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38249 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Didn't know he was that ill. Wolfgang is his son by Valerie Bertinelli who I thought was quite the hottie and a great catch fro Eddie back in the day.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16533 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Bummer, hate to hear this.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9420 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
Damn, this stopped me in my tracks. Godspeed EVH.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 743 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post