SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wal-Mart reverses stance, announces plan to limit gun and ammo sales Login/Join 
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Didn’t Kmart stop selling ammo also? Wink

Monkey Wards did. Wink

And Best Products, Sears, JC Penny...

I’m seeing a trend here.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8232 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
We can add Publix to the list.

Print media says open carry buy tv fake news said all carry.

At least at Walmart concealed is still ok

After 25 years I gues Publix doesn’t want the million cwp families as customers

Posts: 23736 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
We can add Publix to the list. Our store now has no carry signs posted

At least at Walmart concealed is still ok

After 25 years I gues Publix doesn’t want the million cwp families in the state as customers

Being a Florida headquartered company Publix should know better. No concealed carry signs carry no legal weight in the state of Florida. Even some out of state companies / stores that on a rare occasion decided to display them don't do it anymore because either they looked further into Florida law, or someone educated them. Roll Eyes

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I will go up tomorrow to see if the signs are out I’d hate to have to shop elsewhere

Posts: 23736 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Publix just opened a store in the town over from me (Jacksonville, NC). I planed on heading over there early Saturday morning to check it out. I stopped by one when I was in Jacksonville, FL a few years ago and it seemed pretty good (I'm always on the search for good salsa. Off topic, but HEB in Texas had the best salsa selection I ever saw. An entire isle. I was there six months and I could buy a different brand every day. And they sold the hi-test stuff, not the whimpy unleaded crap most places hawk). But I digress.

Open carry is legal here and where I live you see it quite often. I see it almost every time I go into the local Food Lion. I don't open carry but I will be carrying when I go into Publix Saturday morning.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Publix prices tend to be a little higher than a Walmart or Target, or even some competing grocery stores, but are generally well stocked, well managed, clean, and have friendly, helpful staff working so hopefully they don't try to go too far down the virtue signaling path. Their delis offer great meat and cheese options and their baked goods in general are really good too so there is a lot to like about Publix if they are within a reasonable distance to shop at.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

I will go up tomorrow to see if the signs are out I’d hate to have to shop elsewhere
Your carry gun is concealed, isn't it? Wink

I'll need to stop by. The new weekly buy one / get one list was just published. Spaghetti-Os! Hydroponic lettuce! All kinds of good stuff. Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30920 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
People are putting all those Palmetto State stickers to good use. They’re showing up on Walmart entrance doors. Big Grin

Posts: 13777 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
People are putting all those Palmetto State stickers to good use. They’re showing up on Walmart entrance doors. Big Grin

I'll have to see what I've got at home- possibly a Leupold sticker or maybe one of my last precious FBHO stickers might make it onto our local WM.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Concealed is concealed...and that's how I'm going to play this game whether or not it's "banned" in whatever establishment I enter. In Texas, all the "owner" or "manager" can do (even IF there is appropriate signage, i.e., "30.06" prohibiting concealed carry) is ask you to leave. If you don't, THEN it starts getting into legal territory. The only place and sign to which I will adhere is the 51% sign for establishments that derive more than 50% of their income through the sale of alcohol, essentially bars, e.g. Captain Obvious moment...I am of the belief, as I'm sure everyone here is, that drinking and guns are NEVER a good combination...

I think I have some Magpul stickers on my bench... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Crazy how the folks at PSA always know just what I need.

Posts: 1354 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to go through my sticker collection.....surely I have some appropriate ones.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
We’ve been banned guys. Walmart now blocks Sigforum on their WiFi. Mad I can find death, destruction and metric tons of hate on Facebook but they didn’t ban that page.

Fuck that company

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21171 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
We’ve been banned guys. Walmart now blocks Sigforum on their WiFi. I can find death, destruction and metric tons of hate on Facebook but they didn’t ban that page.

Fuck that company

I thought you boycotted them as of 9/05? What are you doing on their wifi?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...buying popcorn form the Boy Scouts out front.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Their grocery store is next to my fav sushi place and I was leeching off their WiFi in the parking lot waiting for friends. It just confirms my decision to avoid them.

They had the only decent WiFi in that strip mall/ dead zone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21171 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
We’ve been banned guys. Walmart now blocks Sigforum on their WiFi. Mad I can find death, destruction and metric tons of hate on Facebook but they didn’t ban that page.

Fuck that company

VPN. Use their WiFi and look at Sigforum lol

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I need to learn how to do a VPN to get past the Y’s Sigforum ban. I have no interest in any traditional Walmart as none are anywhere close to my house. The neighborhood Walmart grocery is easy to cut out. Tomorrow I’ll be buying a ton of produce at a large local farmers market like I do most Saturday mornings. We went in with friends and bought a cow (butchered, processed into individual cuts/bags along with quite a lot of ground beef) a few months ago from a Virginia farmer who frequents our farmers market.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
VPN may not be the solution. A network admin can disallow VPN tunneling on the network they manage.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
OK, what gives? Somewhat against my better judgement, I went into the local (Elizabethton, TN) store in search of something else and found a shelf full of ammo, including 5.56 and 7.62x39. No signs limiting quantities or anything. Have they reversed their stance yet again, or is this a local decision? This area does have a large number of hunters, shooters and carry permit holders, has not had a Dem representative since 1880 and voted as much as 70/30 for Trump.

Posts: 28134 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post