SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In what car did you drive away from your wedding?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In what car did you drive away from your wedding? Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
We went to Las Vegas to get married, so we drove away from the Chappell of the Bells in our rented 1992 Lincoln Town Car.

Posts: 13715 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Wow, some old cars mentioned in this thread!

1980 Ford Fiesta S, one of those econoboxes back then. I traded my Triumph Spitfire for it, as I got tired of always working on the Triumph, and my marraige included a step child.

Evidently, all rhe econoboxes of the 80's were disposable, as none are on the road today.

Side note: Our wedding costs totaled $600, but no lavish reception with booze and catered food.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Buick LeSabre 455. Never owned one since.... Smile

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
A red Chevrolet Vega hatchback (and yes it was a typical Vega POS)...it got us through our honeymoon and totally self destructed three months latter JUST out of it's 12 month warrantee Mad...we both hated that car!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Oh yea! Cue the music!

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'79 Jag, XKE I think. 12 cylinders, a thing of beauty. Loaned to my by by FIL at his insistence. (BTW, I was scared shitless driving it. We got married in City Hall, San Francisco.)

Posts: 17253 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
We went to Toronto for a week. Took my wife's Triumph TR-7. It snowed, slushed, and stayed cold the whole time. We're still together 37 years later, but the TR-7 is gone. (Thank God).

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Got married in 1999. Car we drove away in was my brothers (formerly my dad's) 1977 Ford LTD. Lots of great memories in that car.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4576 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1987 Pontiac Grand Am.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2391 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
First marriage was 1973, I honestly don't remember, most likely my wife's '72 Camaro.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
A golf cart!

We did a 3 hour cruise on the Tennessee River - the wedding, sit down catered dinner and reception/dancing all done on the boat on the river. A golf cart met us at the dock and whisked us away to the hotel. We left the next morning for our honeymoon.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I was in the backseat. With handcuffs.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My wife and I got married at the courthouse in Rockville MD, then drove up Rockville Pike in my '56 Chevy wagon to the Ambrosia Restaurant for a nice Greek dinner. The Chevy was my daily driver at the time.

Posts: 10876 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
A 1 month old '79' Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup. A great truck that I traded in for a '91' Dodge Cummins 4x4. Also a great truck.

I hauled off a great wife in that truck and she still is. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
1980 Ford Thunderbird silver anniversary.

phil

Posts: 2393 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
1st wedding 1972 Corvette (only Chevy I ever owned)
2nd wedding 1996 Mustang GT stock 2 valve 4.6
3rd wedding 2010 Mustang GT 3 valve with Whipple

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Blue 1969 Mercury Cougar XR7 w/351 Windsor.

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC (Ret)

Posts: 1453 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
My 67 GTO.

Posts: 5817 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolls Royce Silver Cloud (I think), late 50's or early 60's vintage. It was rented, but still pretty nice. Had a chauffer (sp!) and everything. The wife and I were pretty well toasted by the time we got to the reception.

Posts: 947 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
We also had a chauffeur. The vehicle was a stretch Lincoln Town Car. The year was 1988.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post