SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In what car did you drive away from your wedding?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In what car did you drive away from your wedding? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Rented 1992 Lincoln Town Car. We rented four for the wedding party.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5200 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
1978 Trans Am Martinique Blue with T-Tops and 4 Speed Hurst. Purchased new for $7800.00. My all time favorite car! If I only still had it!

Posts: 838 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
My 1987 Buick Grand National. Still have the same car, and the same wife. Both were firsts, my first new car and my first wife. Although she doesn't like it when I introduce her as my first wife, since we are still (happily) married <grin>.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'82 GMC short wheelbase diesel 1/2 ton pickup.....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1548 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
A taxi. We were married in London, UK, my wife's hometown.

Posts: 4089 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
1963 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible just like this one. June 19, 1967.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My father-in-law's 1950 Packard. He drove us because he did not trust anyone to handle his baby.

Posts: 999 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
A POS Datson B210 station wagon. Still married 34 years later and still hate the car. Big Grin

Posts: 12947 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
1962 Pontiac hard top in 1963,she broke it a year later in a head on low speed crash.
That omen should have been a wake up call,but hell no I stuck it out for 22 more years and numerous other wrecks.

Posts: 22420 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I think it was a hand-me-down Toyota Camry that my father in law gave us. I had just moved to Chicago to start a new career and had no money for a nice car. Very proud day when I sold that Camry to buy my very first new car.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
1971 Honda 350.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
An '88 Dodge Lancer. I loved the car but it was worn out eight or nine years later. I still love my wife; we are working on 30 years now.

I think my parents had a mid 50s Plymouth station wagon. That was 56 years ago today. I'm calling them shortly to wish them happy anniversary and will confirm the make.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2161 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got married at the court house, drove back to our apartment (had to work the next day) in my 1978 Ford Bronco 4x4 with 400 cubic inch with 4 on the floor stick shift with first gear being a granny gear. Sure miss that truck, but I still have my lovely wife, can't believe she put up with my sorry ass all those years.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
With my first wife, 1964, the "getaway car" was a Piper Cherokee 160. Departed Red Bank NJ, headed for The Bahamas. Southbound along the Florida Atlantic coastline, I started to feel woozy. I was not able to think clearly. Decided that we had to land at the first available airport.

I was disoriented, saw an airport adjacent to a race track. It took a bit of thinking to register what I saw, finally decided it was Daytona. I could not read the chart clearly, could not read the tower frequency, so I called them on 121.5 (the "MayDay" frequency), told them I was overhead, sick, needed to land right now.

Tower told me winds light and variable, cleared to land any runway. I got it on the ground and told my wife, who was a student pilot at the time, that she would have to taxi it to the ramp. After engine shutdown, my bride exited the airplane. I tried to get out and fell off the wing. I was later told that a doctor who had just landed and gotten out of his airplane saw what happened, came running over, did a quick check on me, put me in his car and took me to the hospital.

I spent our honeymoon week with a raging fever, really bad case of flu. Daytona was as close as we got to The Bahamas on that trip. We did make it up later with several vacation trips to The Bahamas.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
1939 Packard with suicide doors.

Posts: 5677 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
FIL's S-class from wedding to reception. Carriage from reception to hotel. Can't remember how we got home from hotel.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10571 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
1964 Chrysler Newport

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1735 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
It wasn't exactly a car. I used my doctoring chalk to write "Just Married" on the rumps of the paint horse and my old saddle mule and the new missus and I took a turn around Jefferson. That was seventeen years ago this month.

Posts: 601 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Got married 10 years ago yesterday.
We were in the process of moving to Houston and my car was already en route to TX.

We had some rental car for our last few days in NY but neither of us can remember what kind of car it was.
Thinking it _might_ have been a Jeep Wrangler but can't be sure.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
In 1987 my new wife and I drove off in my, now our, 1985 Supra.
Though the car was passed along in 2013, the wife remains.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post