SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In what car did you drive away from your wedding?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In what car did you drive away from your wedding? Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
In 1987 my new wife and I drove off in my 1985 Supra.

That was a hot car in 1987.
I had a Toyota Celica GT but it was a little older, before the Supra came out.
Do you have pics?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
An orange Ford Pinto hatchback. And yet we survived untorched.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
1962 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud.

Just like this one:

We arranged it to arrive about halfway through the wedding. And then we were whisked away in it to the hotel after the reception. My bride and I loved riding in the back of it. Married 8/3/13.

Posts: 5083 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My "starter" wife and I drove off in a 1974 VW bug. Flamboyant orange, a real stealth car. We both hated it, but had to drive it for three years. Must have been good luck as we're going to celebrate our 39th anniversary with a solar eclipse in Missouri this August (NOT in a VW bug)

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 415 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No car. I was in Jamaica

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Some sort of black limo. That day was a blur.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First wedding - A Bell 206 picked us up at location and flew us direct to MIA t catch a flight to Cabo

Second wedding - Golf cart to suite at resort

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Don't recall for sure, but logic dictates that it was probably my wife's 1969 Chevy Biscayne.

6 in a row and a slush-o-matic. Whadda beast.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15491 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
1968 Mercedes Benz just like this, only it was Champagne color.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Our getaway car was my wife's Maid-of-Honor's Mazda RX-8. Definitely got some use of the 9k RPM redline between the venue & hotel.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15982 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got married in 2000 and drove away in my 1999 Isuzu Amigo. My wife's sisters had decorated it with cans and just married things, but it was still just my little pseudo SUV.

Posts: 2018 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trust me, I am a
Professional Engineer.
Picture of RespectTheAmish
posted Hide Post
My 2004 F-150, I had to haul away all the left over stuff from our reception.

Posts: 482 | Location: Wish I was in Indy | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
In the back of some Limo, with my wife, maid of honor and my best man. 25 yrs ago in September.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5307 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
My first marriage it was my wife's 1977 Ford Maverick in 1978 and in 1985 the second time around it was my 1985 Chevy Silverado.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
1972 BMW 2002tii

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10359 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
April 1958 in MIL's 56 DeSoto 2 dr hardtop in pink and rose. Beautiful car for a female to own.

NRA Endowment Member
USAF 1958-1970
Master Instructor 1969-1970
Georgia Gun Owners Member

Posts: 237 | Location: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: February 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
'69 Chrysler New Yorker

Best Man was driving, his dad's car. He was adamant that not a single thing be written on the car, which we managed to honor. He was still pissed that there was some rice inside!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12672 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
first time... my new 1995 Jeep Wrangler Sport, black on black. I special ordered it and waited 6 months due to a 6 cyl shortage that Jeep had for the 94-95 year. it was about 5 months old at the time. I told my family and friends there better not be one drop of shaving cream, shoe polish, Vaseline or anything else of the sort on it. it was spotless. I worked evening shift and would wash it sometimes nightly because it had dust on it. i was really detailed with my vehicles back then. I actually had it hidden and had it driven up to the old house we married in right before we walked out.

second time, didn't. we stood on the beach in Jamaica. it was just the two of us. we had both been married before and no kids. so we flew off to an island and said I do. 16yrs ago and counting.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1310 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Today is our tenth anniversary and on this day, ten years ago, we drove away in my highly modified Land Rover...

Diesel engine conversion (2.8 TGV) from Motor & Diesel Engineering in the UK, with custom rebuilt Ashcroft transmission and transfer case. Front and rear Salisbury (Dana 60) axles with 4.56 gears and ARB air lockers, modified suspension, sitting on 35" SSR tires. Bought the car brand new in 1996 and drove it off road a lot, but in stock form. Then, after recovering from a bad bike accident (2001~2002), it was my challenge to modify it as I had wanted to do for so long.

These were taken in the church parking lot by our dear friends who helped us so much at the wedding, just before they "decorated" Winston for the trip to the reception Wink

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
A mid to late teens Model T. I'll have to find a picture to put up.

Posts: 1147 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post