SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two trash cans stuck together...how to un-stickify them? UPDATE on Page 5
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two trash cans stuck together...how to un-stickify them? UPDATE on Page 5 Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I'm late to the thread.

You leave them in a cool place through the morning then stand the pair upside down in direct sunlight for an hour. The outer one expands and slides off smoot' as butter.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
And now they can both live separate and productive lives. Big Grin
Until the garbageman stacks them again Eek

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Glad you got them separated, but boooooooo. We need more drama. Stick them back together and try more aggressive YouTube-worthy approaches.

EOM

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
If only we had a time lapse video of all that was tried.

This thread really was great!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Sorry, I'm late to the thread.

Or do this for the win! Wink

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
What?!?!?
No dueling vehicles and rope....????
Confused Razz Eek

Oh well... I'm glad you got them apart.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm literally laughing out loud whilst standing in a Pizza Hut lobby waiting for my carryout!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Now the question is: What caused them to stick and how can you prevent them from sticking again? Perhaps you can apply for a grant.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I’m late to this party, but......

It can be extremely difficult for one person to separate the two.

However, with TWO people, both pulling from opposite ends, it should be easy.

However I’m in favor of the tannerite solution Big Grin

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
well at least we know how to finesse them apart....this was fun to watch! Big Grin

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No explosives? Sad face... Frown

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Cue Phil Collins.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Now I know how the fyre concert goers felt.....Big Grin Not even so much as a bent back finger nail......is your real name Geraldo?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I bet ya can't do that again. Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Double dare ya.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is where my spouse would say
" I loosened it for you "

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54638 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post