SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATF proposing to ban/restrict pistol “braces.” Very short comment period: Please get involved.
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 39
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATF proposing to ban/restrict pistol “braces.” Very short comment period: Please get involved. Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^I'm thinking the only hope for the 'Unconstitutional State' is injunctive relief from the courts!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8784 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^I'm thinking the only hope for the 'Unconstitutional State' is injunctive relief from the courts!

Correct….this will all have to play out in the courts and that will take some time……my affected firearms just may have to live at a relatives house in southern New Hampshire for a while

Posts: 3112 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Some manufacturers are now offering "kits" and service to their customers to avoid the hassles of registering:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com...conversion-kit-cmmg/

"With the Radial Delayed Blowback (R.D.B) Rifle Conversion Kit, you can convert for 5.7x28mm, .45 ACP, or 9mm Banshee pistol into a rifle as currently determined by the ATF. Each kit comes with a 15″ EML handguard, CMMG RipStock, and barrel nut done up in one of six different Cerakote color options to best match your current Banshee setup. This effectively allows you to skip the process of registering an SBR with the ATF meaning you won’t have to wait several months to get your Form 1 paperwork back or worse, face the inconsistent wrath of the ATF."

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Anyone been keeping up on this?

Here are the last updates I found...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If the rule of law wins out over this criminal administrations illegal edicts, the government has no chance with the SBR mandate. Everything about these new regulations are violations of both law and administrative procedure. Undoubtedly the democRATs know this and explains their sham to get as many braced pistols in their books as possible. I don’t share the naive belief that the ATF isn’t keeping data on gun purchases/ownership. They are completely untrustworthy by this point.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15500 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Two more updates...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Any new news on this?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10913 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12572 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10825 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Is there anywhere with instructions in plain English on how to do do the paperwork of moving from AR pistol to SBR?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Is there anywhere with instructions in plain English on how to do do the paperwork of moving from AR pistol to SBR?

Go to the e-file site. Start now because it can be a chore to navigate the forms. You don't want to do it under pressure.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29604 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23235 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
You need digital fingerprints. See National Gun Trusts website.

You need a passport photo.

You need a photo of the manufacturer's markings on the gun.

Go to E-Forms, create an account and go to it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31373 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Your photos must be <3mb. That is hanging me up right now. iPad might not be the only thing I need in my computing life after all.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

You don’t “need” digital fingerprints. You can send two paper fingerprint cards in the mail with the cover letter you’ll get when you submit. In case you’re worried, the fingerprint cards don’t need to be in their hands to qualify for the F1 to be counted as submitted before the cutoff date. All that counts is when it moves to in process/submitted status, and they don’t actually need the prints in hand for that.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^You don't 'need' a picture of the manufacturer's markings either. Such a photo is only necessary if the ATF does not have data on the particular firearm for which you're filing the Form 1. As such, if the 'Original Manufacturer' and 'Model' designation appear in the drop down menus for the eForm (exactly as marked on your receiver!), it's not necessary to send pictures.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8784 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Be careful with the drop down to be sure it is exactly what is on your receiver, there are sometimes several that are very close. My application was put under "review" for a time. Once you select a drop down, you can't change it. Fortunately I did send pictures of the markings and it did get approved but was delayed by over a month.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2872 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I had said I would jump on this and then I decided to play “wait and see.” A lot of folks are being quiet about it, but there’s no-engrave SBR’s showing up in the wild now. I finally found an FFL who will do digital prints and give me the file. Setting an appointment next week to pick up up some lowers and get printed and photographed.

Posts: 17050 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Is it still legal to sell an AR pistol? I'm thinking of just selling it and sticking with my full size ARs

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post