SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    American born woman competes for china in Olympics.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American born woman competes for china in Olympics. Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
As mentioned it has been 14 years since the only other time China has served as Olympic host. Are you thinking of Japan last year hosting the summer Olympics?

At first I thought so too, but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
As mentioned it has been 14 years since the only other time China has served as Olympic host. Are you thinking of Japan last year hosting the summer Olympics?

At first I thought so too, but: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Summer_Olympics

Well yes, Summer 2008 was the only other time Beijing has hosted the Olympics, 14 years ago.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16357 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
How has China had the opportunity to host the Olympics twice within such a short span of time? That should not happen.

Might want to check USA in 1980 and 1984 as well as 1996 and 2002. Hmmm.
Also Italy 1956 and 1960.

I see nothing out of the ordinary.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
China doing its best to buy its way towards the podium....anybody checked out the Chinese Hockey team yet?

They're not a terribly talented bunch and there's zero chance they medal like Gu, however, over-half the team are citizens from other countries, half of which are Canadians, with a handful of non-Asians who've taken-on/given Chinese names.

https://www.narcity.com/chinas...-canadian-us-players

quote:
Team China athletes Jeremy Smith, Jake Chelios, Ryan Sproul, Spencer Foo and Brandon Yip have previously played for the NHL.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well yes, Summer 2008 was the only other time Beijing has hosted the Olympics, 14 years ago.

Ah, yes, both reading and math are fundamental.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And then there's the Canadian that's competing for US.

What do you call someone who converts to your religion?
A convert.
What do you call someone who converts from your religion?
A heretic.

Posts: 2542 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
And then there's the Canadian that's competing for US.

What do you call someone who converts to your religion?
A convert.
A heretic.

Not to split hairs, but ...

A heretic. an apostate.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post