SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    American born woman competes for china in Olympics.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American born woman competes for china in Olympics. Login/Join 
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted
Link

She finished Last
Cool
Oh she gave up her U.S. citizenship to do it. Wheres that meme of Nelson

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
With that mindset, she wasn't an American citizen to begin with.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
American citizenship and the ubiquitous blue passport are two of the most desirable things in the world. Giving either up is very misguided.

In California she probably listened to and believed the anti-American propaganda. And perhaps she wasn't truly competitive in the US while China promised money, training, fame, etc. to entice her. She made a deal with the devil and now by finishing last she will be dropped and have to fend for herself as an ordinary Chinese citizen (or worse, sent to prison or re-education). And then she will realize what she gave up by renouncing her citizenship.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the good news is that she doesn't have to be let back into the country when the 'limpics are over - she is clearly an undesirable

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
She did it for money, plain and simple. The ChiComs no doubt offered her a bundle.

I hope she is barred from ever entering the United States ever again. Hope it was worth it, you simple-minded traitor.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
With that mindset, she wasn't an American citizen to begin with.
This ^^^^^

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
I’ll give her credit for actually giving up her American citizenship. Hopefully, she moved out of the country as well.
Eileen Gu (as well as that other despicable athlete, Naomi Osaka) doesn’t have the guts to sacrifice her American citizenship. In spite of the fact that China doesn’t allow dual citizenship, she seems to have been able to keep her US citizenship. When asked, Gu dodges the question. She a first class opportunist, raised in the image of her overly ambitious mother, that should be ejected from the US. I will wish both her and Naomi the best of luck as soon as they get the hell out of the US.

Wikipedia tells me this about Beverly Zhu:
“ Her name is not on the recent Quarterly Publication of Individuals Who Have Chosen to Expatriate. ”
She’s a big phony like Eileen Gu and Naomi Osaka.

-Loungechair

Posts: 676 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“She finished Last”

Sweet. Hope she enjoys her ration of rice and a weekly boiled chicken foot.

Posts: 26910 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wonder if it was her family life or her upbringing in california that allowed her to turn her back on one of the best nations ever to exist. She was likely offered incentives to do such a thing but I do wonder how she came to the mindset to abandon her country of birth and embrace one of the worst countries ever to exist in human history.

It certainly makes me question her parents and her education.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope she gets (is forced) to stay in China and find out what real racism is.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
The American-born Chinese figure skater who gave up her US citizenship and changed her name to compete for the Communist country at the Winter Olympic in Beijing fell twice during the women's short program team event - to the scorn of many her adopted country.
Maybe she forgot to tell them she changed her sexual identity too? I guess there are no points for the effort in China.

Posts: 6477 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
She sold out for the filthy lucre and a chance at glory. She'll be sorry, but it will be too late.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9156 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Chinese aren't giving a warm reception right now either so she may be a person without a country.
Here's another one that sold her soul.
Axis Sally, 2022 version.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a...potlight-11644157693

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
The Chinese aren't giving a warm reception right now either so she may be a person without a country.

Good, stupid should be painful

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny thing about selling your soul-
Ya can't buy it back.

Fuck her! Enjoy eating with chopsticks the rest of your life.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I wonder if it was her family life or her upbringing in california that allowed her to turn her back on one of the best nations ever to exist. She was likely offered incentives to do such a thing but I do wonder how she came to the mindset to abandon her country of birth and embrace one of the worst countries ever to exist in human history.

It certainly makes me question her parents and her education.

Guessing this contributed to her (stupid) decision:

"Her father, Zhu Songchun, is an award-winning scientist who joined the staff at Beijing's Peking University in 2020. He previously worked at the University of California, Los Angeles."

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Here's another one that sold her soul.
Axis Sally, 2022 version.

Different athlete. That is about a Chinese born Uyghur. Not the American born traitor we're talking about.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Megan Rapinroe got cut from the US Women's team also.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post