SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    American born woman competes for china in Olympics.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American born woman competes for china in Olympics. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nah, I don’t think it’s a win for China. They poached talent that was anything but. Hahahaha

It’s ultimately a loss for the shit head for being a commie and horrible shit skater. The rest is just spin and propaganda.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I don't think she'll in trouble with the Chicom gov't. Her recruiters, however, will have some splainin' to do. She just has to keep a low profile in China, which isn't that hard to do.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
It was a win win for China.

If she did well, they could say she gave up her American citizenship realizing the best country of choice is China.

Since she did poorly, they're saying this is what American upbringing do to you - takes a world-class athlete with great genes and degrades her abilities.

It was really a win for the USA. We got rid of a traitorous bitch and she's now someone else problem

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I don't blame someone that age too much. It's not like she's John Walker Lindh here. She probably got an offer she couldn't refuse. I had done some traveling by the time I was 18, but she may not have realized how precious a US passport can be. And rest assured, China doesn't consider Chinese people in the US to be Americans. They're called ABC - American-born Chinese, not Chinese-Americans. And they're considered assets.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
“She finished Last”

Sweet. Hope she enjoys her ration of rice and a weekly boiled chicken foot.

That made my night and the kids look at me funny every time I snort thinking about it.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I don't blame someone that age too much. It's not like she's John Walker Lindh here. She probably got an offer she couldn't refuse. I had done some traveling by the time I was 18, but she may not have realized how precious a US passport can be. And rest assured, China doesn't consider Chinese people in the US to be Americans. They're called ABC - American-born Chinese, not Chinese-Americans. And they're considered assets.

My God, there was nothing I valued more in my youth than being an American. I grew up believing I was one of the luckiest people in the world to be born here. Giving up my American citizenship? Even at that age you would've had to submit me to extreme torture before I would've done such a thing. A US Passport? A piece of paper? That would've been the last thing on my mind given that choice. Even millions of dollars wouldn't have convinced me to do so.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

My God, there was nothing I valued more in my youth than being an American. I grew up believing I was one of the luckiest people in the world to be born here. Giving up my American citizenship? Even at that age you would've had to submit me to extreme torture before I would've done such a thing. A US Passport? A piece of paper? That would've been the last thing on my mind given that choice. Even millions of dollars wouldn't have convinced me to do so.

I'll make the wild guess you didn't grow up in SoCal with parents from Mainland China. Believe you me, they don't become Americans because of American values. My wife is from China. Been there plenty of times and even visited one of her cousins who came to LA to have an anchor baby, just for the citizenship, then went right back to China. They are not playing the same game.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll make the wild guess you didn't grow up in SoCal with parents from Mainland China. Believe you me, they don't become Americans because of American values. My wife is from China. Been there plenty of times and even visited one of her cousins who came to LA to have an anchor baby, just for the citizenship, then went right back to China. They are not playing the same game.

Well, then Para was precisely right in the very first reply in this thread, she wasn't an American citizen to begin with.

Her parents did a huge disservice to this girl.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Well, then Para was precisely right in the very first reply in this thread, she wasn't an American citizen to begin with.

Her parents did a huge disservice to this girl.

I agree. She was an American by birth only. Not her fault, and I really can't blame her folks for it either. They were simply here when she was born. Not their fault our laws are a total joke.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well, turn about is fair play. China has been importing garbage to the US for generations. It's about time we returned the favor. She lasted until just outside the warranty. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
She blew what she thought would be an easy ticket life. She obviously doesn't value this nation. I'm sure since she failed she will end up back in America and enjoying all of its benefits as if it had never happened.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Just watched her in the long program. She landed on her butt twice, but forgot to hit wall. Roll Eyes

She was already being rejected by Mainlanders after the short program. She didn't help herself much with the long. To obscurity you go, little snowflake.

Theoretically, she could marry her way back into the U.S. No shortage of desperate Chinese bachelors over here.

Posts: 2662 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
See ya and don’t try to come back! Enjoy life in China since you love it so much! Something tells me things aren’t going to go the way you expected.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking her father might have something to do with it as he went home recently. Probably has all the data they need at this point.

Song-Chun Zhu - Wikipedia

In September 2020, Zhu returned to China to join Peking University to lead its Institute for Artificial Intelligence, thus joining another Chinese AI expert in the US and a long-time acquaintance of Zhu, Microsoft’s former head of artificial intelligence and research, Harry Shum. Shum was also appointed by Peking University in August to chair the academic committee of the Institute of Artificial Intelligence.[12]

Zhu is working on setting up a new and separate AI research institute - Beijing Institute for General Artificial Intelligence (BIGAI). According to the introduction, based on "small data for big task" paradigm, BIGAI focuses on advanced AI technology, multi-disciplinary integration, international academic exchange, to nurture the new generation of young AI talents.[12] The institute is expected to gather professional researchers, scholars and experts, to put Zhu's theoretical framework of artificial intelligence into practice, and jointly promoting Chinese original AI technologies and building a new generation of general AI platforms.

It’s possible she's caught in the middle of some crap she had little choice in. The Chinese are playing the long game. I just can’t imagine an 18 year old would give up all her friends and status in the community for a shot at the Olympics. Asian’s in general are extremely status conscious and she had it all. She knew she wasn’t good enough to medal.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eileen Gu was born in California is a USA citizen and is skiing for China. I think she is a traitor to her country and should be looked at the same way that Jane Fonda is in other words she is a traitorous bitch. Sorry if this offended anyone but she pissis me off.

Posts: 40 | Location: Southwestern Ohio | Registered: September 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no reason to let her back in to the country.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to photoshop this with one of the Hanson brothers skating away from the scene.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:

...something/something/appropriately insightful comment on the hard wall of reality/etc

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Where is Tonya Harding to deliver a redneck full-on ass woopin’?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slowlane:
Eileen Gu was born in California is a USA citizen and is skiing for China. I think she is a traitor to her country and should be looked at the same way that Jane Fonda is in other words she is a traitorous bitch. Sorry if this offended anyone but she pissis me off.

Gu's got dual citizenship. It's a pity in its own way, but we're obligated to let her back into the country.

And please don't get me wrong - this exact thing pisses me off on a regular basis when it comes to who plays for the men's national soccer teams in international competition.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post