SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the single most expensive hobby you have?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the single most expensive hobby you have? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Triathlon and marathons.

P229

Posts: 3877 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hunting, boats, Bush flights, gas etc.

Specifically though, sheep hunting.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Indoor plumbing...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44025 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Guns and reloading by far. I'm to the point where I need to stop acquiring more and focus on shooting what I've got.

Posts: 8763 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I’d say my guitars if you don’t count boating. Playing/collecting for my own enjoyment.

Boating is more of an extended summer vacation than a hobby.

Posts: 17928 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Marriage
ChildreN
Home ownership
Nearly dying from bacterial infections
Aviation (I'd still fly PIC if I had the money)

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31538 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I've all but abandoned my most expensive hobby: a '69 Chevy shortbed fleetside pickup and a '72 GMC shortbed stepside pickup. Most likely they both will find new homes in the not-to-distant future.

Posts: 122 | Location: Hernando, MS | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robbiedog
posted Hide Post
Our kids, by far. I sometimes wonder how much more wealth I would have if not for the kids, but they bring so much more than monetary wealth to our lives. So most of the time they are worth it.

Second would be watches, I have too many to wear, watch-winders take care of the winding, I'm trying to "wind down" this hobby. That's not working yet though.

Third would be bass fishing. And fly fishing. And travel to do both.

Posts: 137 | Location: East Texas | Registered: December 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Sigforum
^^ THIS ^^

Y’all give me lots and lots of ideas

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23401 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Traveling in the motorhome this winter.

Posts: 13695 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This year, it's been home improvement.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20917 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I don't have expensive hobbies...I have a retired lifestyle. What was expensive was the 50 years working to get here.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9858 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Wife and kids are not hobbies, they are investments that provide no monetary return but significant life return.

Shooting is my most expensive hobby. Guitars could be my most expensive hobby, luckily my wife helps moderate that...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1788 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Model Railroad and RC vehicles. Those two run neck and neck for my most expensive. Ammo hoarding is a close third.

rdbtwnthlns

Posts: 463 | Location: PA | Registered: March 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I was just reading a Powerline Blog’s list of his favorite books of the year, and started thinking.
If my time is worth something, then my most expensive hobby is reading.

Posts: 18155 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Audiophile stereo equipment. It starts at ridiculous and goes to YGTBFSM.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8815 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
YGTBFSM

You've got to be flipping stupid man?

RVing, but we use it for our vacations and such. Is it a hobby?

Boating is second even including part of the cost of the truck purchased to tow the 5th wheel. This is really a hobby as it's done strictly for fun.

Posts: 11144 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Shooting and diving, in one order or another, depending on whether we’re counting travel expenses for the diving.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16283 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tons of hobbies I enjoy but the most money tied up in one is my weekend fun car.

Posts: 3948 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Golf and guns, in that order.

Posts: 4457 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post