SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the single most expensive hobby you have?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the single most expensive hobby you have? Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
P-car is a bit expensive to maintain, I guess

Posts: 13305 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Old US coins, Ford Mustangs and military firearms from 1870-1950.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
I register about 12,000 targets a year at registered trapshooting in 6 states. To be able to do that, we logged 13,000 miles in our bus across 17 states over the 9 month season.

It was a great year with so many good memories, seeing friends and new places. I have all the receipts, but don't even want to add it all up!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Spoiling my grandsons has taken over my hobby budget. I rarely buy guns, and I've given up golf. I do fish a little, but not like I used to plus the boat is paid for.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heathtx:
I register about 12,000 targets a year at registered trapshooting in 6 states. To be able to do that, we logged 13,000 miles in our bus across 17 states over the 9 month season. The most I paid for diesel fuel this year was $3.24/gallon, cheap compared to previous years.

It was a great year with so many good memories, seeing friends and new places. I have all the receipts, but don't even want to add it all up!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Seems like the answer should be e., ‘all of the above’.

Mine include watches, guns, knives, lights, hunting (finding out I really like duck hunting has been the most expensive undertaking of late).

Michael

Posts: 1104 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Up until 2 years ago it was guns and ammo as my vehicle projects were dormant. I amassed a nice collection that just sits currently.
Don’t get much range time so all I do is AR and Glock to stay proficient with what I carry daily.

Cars have overtaken and will for awhile.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25452 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My biggest hobby/pastime expense is, not surprisingly in a firearms forum, firearms and shooting. (I have another pastime you don't need to know too much about.) Lately I haven't even been shooting, having felt it more important to try and save some money and pay down some bills. I'm making progress on both of those. Smile

Posts: 28019 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
Used to be books, firearms and musical instruments. Now it’s only books.

At least all those three classes of assets will outlive me, so it’s not as if I’m blowing it on dope or booze.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I have too many hobbies but I probably have more invested in woodworking than anything else.

Posts: 3473 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
That's easy shooting Trap & Sporting Clays - between ammo and trap guns...

Everyone needs 4 or 5 trap guns!!!

Archerman

Posts: 2488 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
... Collecting old Triumph motorcycles is second in a long list of expensive hobbies...

Whatcha got? I have a couple myself; '69 Bonnie and '69 650 Trophy. Also almost enough spare parts to build up another. And then there are the two Beezers and the Norton Commando. Love older British bikes.

Posts: 2698 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
Lately it is a carbon fiber mountain bike and the four out of state trips I took this year to ride. Still enjoying it, and eyeballing a new bike.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1893 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
... Collecting old Triumph motorcycles is second in a long list of expensive hobbies...

Whatcha got? I have a couple myself; '69 Bonnie and '69 650 Trophy. Also almost enough spare parts to build up another. And then there are the two Beezers and the Norton Commando. Love older British bikes.

I can help
Make all that more expensive. Hahahaha

I know where there is a 1943 T5 restored with 95% original parts that the owner may part with in TX.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6238 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archerman:
That's easy shooting Trap & Sporting Clays - between ammo and trap guns...

Everyone needs 4 or 5 trap guns!!!

Amen ...... 3 is the absolute minimum.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Could be photography, travel, backpacking, shooting, watches, EDC...

But really, it's all just kind of background noise compared to saving for retirement, investments, rental properties, savings. I honestly probably only spend 1-3% of my annual income on hobbies.

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Don't really have hobbies. Agree with the above on saving and watching our investments. Sold the rental properties several years ago along with the aviation business we owned. Now taking care of two grand children full time as our youngest son is a disabled vet from Iraq. Still have a 22' War Eagle fishing boat and some metal detecting stuff. Only guns are for protection and bird hunting.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Mine is firearms and watch. My wife and I combined, RV and traveling.

Posts: 1891 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trap is easily the most expensive thing my wife and I do. Had sone health problems in the past few years, so we've slowed down, but I still spend a lot of money.

Sold my Spolar Reloader and now buy only factory shells so that adds to the cost. Price of Registered targets seem to go up every year, up at my Club, the Silver Dollar again this year.

But it has been a great hobby, little hard to get into it this year, as we lost three of the shooter-friends we spent a lot of time shooting with last Summer, though I guess, as we get older, that's gonna get more common.

Bob

Posts: 1585 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Mrs. DF Big Grin

Nailed it! Well, not me, I didn't. But you nailed it. I mean I guess you did, because you've got kids and stuff. So yeah, what he said - except Mrs. bionic.

Wink

Posts: 10761 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post