SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mc Rib is coming back
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mc Rib is coming back Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Ordered one today…first time I remember ordering a “meal” at McDonald’s (Sandwich, fries and drink” and having the total be over $10

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one tonight. Just as good as others in years gone by. I’m thinking I’ll grab another later in the week.

Posts: 744 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A $10 earlobe meat sandwich sounds like a dystopian future to me.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Ordered one today…first time I remember ordering a “meal” at McDonald’s (Sandwich, fries and drink” and having the total be over $10

Yikes!
$7.86 here and I got the large drink.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was getting my wife’s van oil changed on Friday and had time to kill so I stopped at the BK for breakfast; a small sausage/egg biscuit, medium hash browns and coffee was $8, WTF Confused

That would have been $3.99 AT MOST before

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Yeah, todays Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit meal was $9.71.

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I was getting my wife’s van oil changed on Friday and had time to kill so I stopped at the BK for breakfast; a small sausage/egg biscuit, medium hash browns and coffee was $8, WTF Confused"

By pasig

So Iam guessing no dollar coin tip ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:

Soylent Green is people.

You know, I used to like McD's. Not the McRib, but a plain burger or a Big Mac used to be kind of a good lunch, in a non-fancy kind of way. Lately though, when I have ordered a Quarter Pounder, it just doesn't have the savor they used to have. Has the food changed, or have I changed? I now feel like they are bready and greasy. No criticism - maybe it is me getting older.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
jhe, I have noticed the same.

I guess we are both getting older.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:

Soylent Green is people.

You know, I used to like McD's. Not the McRib, but a plain burger or a Big Mac used to be kind of a good lunch, in a non-fancy kind of way. Lately though, when I have ordered a Quarter Pounder, it just doesn't have the savor they used to have. Has the food changed, or have I changed? I now feel like they are bready and greasy. No criticism - maybe it is me getting older.

Same complete and utter crap it has always been.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
https://blog.cheapism.com/why-...s-used-to-be-better/

"If you're a fan of McDonald's crisp, golden French fries, you've likely wondered if something changed about the flavor of those world-famous fries over the years — rest assured, you're not alone in your suspicions. Over the decades, the fast-food giant has changed the oil used to cook those signature fries, often in response to public pressure for a "healthier" French fry, resulting in a product that many swear doesn't taste quite as good as it once did (not that we've stopped eating them, mind you). To understand what changed, we decided to explore why McDonald's French fries used to taste a lot better."

'A Franchise Founded on Fries
To better understand how McDonald's fries changed over the years, we have to go back to the early golden years of the Golden Arches. As much as a burger may come to mind when you think of McDonald's, it was really the restaurant's French fries that were the main attraction from the beginning. At their drive-in hamburger stand in San Bernardino, California, brothers Dick and Mac McDonald drew big crowds for fries, burgers, and shakes with cheap prices and quick service, beginning in 1940.'

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lately though, when I have ordered a Quarter Pounder, it just doesn't have the savor they used to have.

They definitely changed the Quarter Pounder a few years ago, trying to compete with the Five Guys and the Shake Shacks of the world with a fresh ground patty griddled to order instead of a frozen puck cooked in advance and sitting in warming tray. I think it actually is better tasting, you don't?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This thread is just like one when someone buys a car or a house and gets a great interest rate.

This thread is people shitting on McDonald's saying "I haven't eaten fast food in 30 years." Then why the fuck are you responding?

Similar to "I've paid cash for my house/car for the past 30 years."

We even dig at each other over trivial shit. How can we be united when it comes to big shit?

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:

Lately though, when I have ordered a Quarter Pounder, it just doesn't have the savor they used to have.

They definitely changed the Quarter Pounder a few years ago, trying to compete with the Five Guys and the Shake Shacks of the world with a fresh ground patty griddled to order instead of a frozen puck cooked in advance and sitting in warming tray. I think it actually is better tasting, you don't?

Yes, I noticed that a few years ago. But they still don't taste as good to me now. It may be me, not the burger. They sit heavy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Still absolutely no way in hell eat another "Mcrib"... anybody who wants my alocation can have it with my blessing.... Other things at macky-d"s are ok for me ................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Still absolutely no way in hell eat another "Mcrib"... anybody who wants my alocation can have it with my blessing.... Other things at macky-d"s are ok for me ................... drill sgt.

You need to order it dry with extra onions. Add fries to the McRib as a sauce sponge. Some mc nugget bbq and hot mustard. Gordon Ramsey that shit together in the parking lot. I think an 80/20 ration of mustard to bbq is best. I like the hot mustard.
Try that and tell me it isn’t magical.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I met a fellow SIGforum member half way between Cincy and Columbus, in order to add a new Sig to the fold this past Sunday.

The McDonalds at that exit had McRib.

I forgot how good they taste. The meat, the pickles, the onions and the sauce. Looking forward to my next McRib!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I gave the McRib another try and it was much better than the one I had last year. I did get XTRA ONION this time, so maybe that was the ticket. I may have to try the Beancooker special because the standard BBQ sauce was too sweet with no kick.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skywag
posted Hide Post
My wife and I had McRib tonight. Is it actually some kind of meat? Worst meal ever at McDonald's.

Just TERRIBLE.

Terrible.

Posts: 172 | Location: United States | Registered: January 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Today was my once-in-a-lifetime experience with a McRib® meal.

With protection.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post