SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mc Rib is coming back
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mc Rib is coming back Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well, we all warned that $15 an hour would get you this.

Ate at BK a while back and 3 kids meals and two Jr Whoppers and small drinks for the wife and myself (not even meals with fries) WITH COUPON was $38

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a TV news report about an Iowa guy who eats one EVERY DAY.

https://www.kcrg.com/2023/11/1...-when-its-available/

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Made my annual trip to McDonalds for the McRib sammich. My wife wanted one too (shocked face) and she enjoyed it (me too). They do seem to be a bit smaller this time around.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Reading this, I hope the fast food industry implodes. Big Grin

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
It’s kinda shocking (sticker shock, too) how a “full-sized” burger in some cases is now not much larger than a “slider”. Same thing with the McRib?? I’ve never had one in my entire life…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
It’s kinda shocking (sticker shock, too) how a “full-sized” burger in some cases is now not much larger than a “slider”. Same thing with the McRib?? I’ve never had one in my entire life…

Sounds like from what the boys are saying here. That definitely put me off.

Yeah I have experienced the slider too. If I have cow at home it’s usually 90% lean ground beef. So I’ll go out for a hamburger for a cheat meal. My spot was Whataburger or Braums. Whataburger was bought out and the service is awful. You might be waiting a full hour, so fuck that place now. The burger bun is still more on the full size than the slider size, but the meat is real thin.

Then Braums, which is my preference, is like you say. The hamburger shrunk to slider-like. I mean I push myself to stay disciplined on food year round but I have no qualms about getting a fatty meal on the weekend. I end up looking forward to it. Hamburger, McRib, whatever. Cheat meal is fun. Then you get it, and it’s a fucking slider. Chintzy. These mother fuckers charge so much now I’m just going to find a decent restaurant hamburger and do pick up. Haven’t found one yet. My rural land and future home, hopefully sooner than later, there is a town diner, old school. Now they will make you a good burger and fries, hand cut. And since they are like Denny’s, but mom and pop style, they have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. So I could just dine out there once a week every weekend of the year and be happy. This chain food stuff has gone to shit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Well there isalot of Debate over this sandwich either you like it or you dont.
We went had our 1 time per year McRib .
It was as we remembered .Now i dont have to Eat at McDonalds again for another year .

Posts: 1602 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
<snip>
merchants have taken advantage of the inflation and higher rates to get prices up
<snip>

The merchants have to cover THEIR increased costs.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
<snip>
merchants have taken advantage of the inflation and higher rates to get prices up
<snip>
The merchants have to cover THEIR increased costs.
When official inflation is 4% YTD (9% last year) and actual inflation is 12% YTD (17% last year), it makes sense when their costs increase that amount or close to it. However, when the a business increases their price more than a few percent of inflation then they aren't covering THEIR increased costs and they're actually helping drive inflation.

For example, I have a locally owned business that I've used once a week for 6 years who increased prices 33% last January. I'm no longer a customer and told them why. I found a locally owned alternative for the old price and better service.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
The McRib is the Deadbeat Dad of the fast food world.

Shows up once a year and we are all supposed to act excited.

The visual accompaniment to 911Boss' post in 2020:

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I went
I ate
I’m good till the next century

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I had one, it was just like I remember, oddly good.

It didn't look to me like they shrank the rib-molds. I'd have trouble finishing two of them.

Posts: 5142 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^
My experience was similar, Doc Solo. I hope to get at least one more in this cycle.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to warn y'all /last year/...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...750052694#5750052694

quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
A $10 earlobe meat sandwich sounds like a dystopian future to me.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.

Posts: 2023 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post