SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mc Rib is coming back
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mc Rib is coming back Login/Join 
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Love me some mcrib. Disgustingly good lol.

Get to McDonald’s at 1030 as they are changing from breakfast to lunch. Order two egg McMuffins and one McRib. Cut the McRib in half and toss the bread. Place the two McRib halves on the McMuffins. Keep the onions if preferred. Keep the pickles if preferred. Add hot mustard or chicken nuggets bbq sauce as preferred.

Now enjoy the culinary wonder I’ve come to call the egg McRib McMuffin.

For those that enjoy the McRib; enjoy. For those that have no taste, no sense of adventure or weak stomachs please accept my deepest sympathies…
Big Grin

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the warning about that disgusting excuse of a edible sammich... Anybody that would want any of these sammiches at any of my local McDonalds sites will be gladly allowed to have any that are available. .......................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyrich:
McRib has been nasty since they changed them sometime in the 90s.

I mean it was probably nasty then too, but at least it didn't taste like artificially flavored ground up cardboard.

Never again.

You are saying it's gotten worse since the last time I had it?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12438 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Thank you for the warning about that disgusting excuse of a edible sammich... Anybody that would want any of these sammiches at any of my local McDonalds sites will be gladly allowed to have any that are available. .......................... drill sgt.

I'm going to bring you one. If you eat Jerry Lee's sweat boudin you should eat the McRib

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Well i got my fix yesterday, they seem thinner than i remember.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^The hogs are smaller this year.

Posts: 10948 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Well i got my fix yesterday, they seem thinner than i remember.

McDonald's is busy shrinkflating the crap out of everything:

McDonald's customer: 'Look at the size of the Filet-O-Fish'

At the prices they are now charging, it's not even worth it. You may as well go to Chili's for what they are getting for combo meal prices, last time I checked the Filet O Fish medium meal was 12 freaking dollars at the one near me. NOPE

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:

I'm going to bring you one. If you eat Jerry Lee's sweat boudin you should eat the McRib

Had one Tuesday and they are skimping!!
Certainly smaller, almost no sauce. I asked for extra pickles and there were 4 on there.
My buddy’s had 2 pickles.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25423 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I had one today. Just as yummy as ever!

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I just checked the McDonald’s app on my iPhone. My local San Diego McDonald’s (about an 8-minute walk) has the McRib sandwich for $5.89, and the “Meal” for $10.89. They’re still yummy at my store.

I was planning to go to Shake Shack tomorrow for the Cheesy Fries (Lordy, they’re good), but this might change my mind.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridgerat:
I had one today. Just as yummy as ever!

Me too!

I'll have one or two more this cycle, then I'll miss them for another year.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I went to McDonald's this week, I didn't see any signage. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I heard they are made of earlobe meat

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to enjoy sharing a few McRibs with my mother in law. God rest her soul. Boy did she love those things

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Had one Tuesday and they are skimping!!
Certainly smaller, almost no sauce. I asked for extra pickles and there were 4 on there.
My buddy’s had 2 pickles.[/QUOTE]

The Landen location has them.

Agreed, the sauce was minimal and very few onion slivers and only 3 pickles.

Not that there is any connection, but 2 hours after consuming my firs McRib of the year, I did go into Afib.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

You “heard” – uh huh. Link?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
quote:

You “heard” – uh huh. Link?

Lol, I wasn’t even trying to be punny!
My first real taxpaying job was at McDonalds. The only thing I can eat from there is the fries now.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
My first real taxpaying job was at McDonalds. The only thing I can eat from there is the fries now.
Same here. But I can still enjoy a Big Mac or Quarter Pounder MAYBE twice a year. And if that. Sure are damned expensive now...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same. The food wasn't bad back in the early '80's. I always looked forward to a Quarter Pounder w/cheese on break.
I don't know it it's 'Shrinkflation' or just crappy ingredients, but it's not the same.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wife was doing bank recon, she exclaimed "what did you buy at McDonalds that was $17", two kids meals and a Large Ice-T.

Yep prices have gone up, merchants have taken advantage of the inflation and higher rates to get prices up for all those years of low interest low inflation.

Haven't had the McRib though... I meet with the cardiologist Monday, thinking I should have one post meeting.... depending on the outcome!

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post