SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update: on Flashguy
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update: on Flashguy Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Anyone with Flashguy name rank and serial number that could search news story and social media? A man three days without food and water could be a local story. Family members may have posted on their Facebook.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5216 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I googled his name, screen name, and location, (available to members in his profile) and found nothing untoward.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I checked last night for an obituary and didn’t find anything that seemed to match our friend Flashguy. Hopefully he’s just temporarily in a rehab facility where he can’t access the forum, as others have suggested.

Posts: 27180 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I had Flashguy's e-mail from a few e-mail exchanges over the years.

I e-mailed on 10/22 in hopes that he had access to his e-mail (i.e. Sigforum blocked). I have not heard back.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That's discouraging.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39286 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have his full name, email, and address.

Have not found anything online.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope all is well with him.

Posts: 1584 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
We’re pulling for you Flashguy!

Posts: 481 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
I have his full name, email, and address.

Have not found anything online.

I was going to email you but you don't show an email address in your profile.

Since you have his address, you should be able to phone the police in his town and ask them to do a "wellness check" at his home. All they do is drive up, knock on the door and see if anyone is home and if they can learn anything, and then they will let you know what the results are.

Posts: 11994 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought my email was in my profile but it was not. I corrected that.

I thought about the police but hesitate because of his friend’s original post.

His house is about 30 miles from me so I plan to drive by there this week.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have an update on flashguy?

I’m pretty certain if he’s home and the police show up for a welfare check from the SIGforum, he wouldn’t be too upset.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The original post stated he was moved to a long term care facility.

If a person visits his home, leaving a note in the doorway, in the mailbox, etc. could help those caring for him know of our concern.

If mail is stacking up, grass is knee high, etc that would indicate no one is actively managing his needs.

-------

Posts: 5216 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drove by the address I found for David. It is a townhome.

No one answered the door. A newer US Flag was above the garage door and the mailbox was empty but it did not appear anyone was living there.

There were some items stacked up in the courtyard and the curtains on the front of the house were open. It looked like some pieces of furniture were stacked up inside.

His adjoining neighbor drove up and I asked her if she new David. She either did not want to talk or did not speak English. All she said was "No."

I left a note on the front door.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Thank you for leaving the note. I am worried about him.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29909 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Thanks. If the townhome has a homeowners association they may know if he is there, or has sold.

Real estate transactions are sometimes online.

A daunting task would be to call retirement homes and ask to speak to David. They would have resident names.

-------

posted Hide Post
quote:
A daunting task would be to call retirement homes and ask to speak to David. They would have resident names.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Good idea but HIPPA would not allow this.

Posts: 17528 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^
Good idea but HIPPA would not allow this.

Nursing homes, yes. But retirement homes, unless healthcare related, do not fall under HIPAA's "covered entities".

Q

Posts: 27603 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
Thanks. If the townhome has a homeowners association they may know if he is there, or has sold.

Real estate transactions are sometimes online.

If the address I found for him is correct (the house number starts with 1045), it last sold in 1983 (and isn’t actively listed now).

Posts: 5083 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nursing homes, yes. But retirement homes, unless healthcare related, do not fall under HIPAA's "covered entities".

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Correct. I just assumed nursing home since I understood him to need rehabilitation after his fall.

Posts: 17528 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Sure hope he's recovering well!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post