SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update: on Flashguy
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update: on Flashguy Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Holy cow... I met him a few times for dinner when I was in the Dallas area. We chatted occasionally by email. Great guy, I always enjoyed connecting with him.

Please keep us in the loop on his status.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38248 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Really happy you’re doing okay. Three days is a damn long time. I hope you’re back and posting soon!

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Dang it, I'm so sorry to hear he was injured. Glad to hear he is recovering. That sounds like a close call...

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10993 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm glad he was found in time and he's getting the care he needs. Thanks for updating on his behalf.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad he is on the mend and in good hands. You are in our prayers for a swift recovery.

Posts: 781 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to Flashguy on getting well soon and thanks to the friend for the notice.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2166 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Flashguy, I hope you have a speedy recovery and it seems you're in good hands. My wife is always on my back to keep my cell phone with me, even if she's home in the next room. She seems like a nag at the time, but really good advice.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Flashguy, My thoughts and prayers are with you for a fast and complete recovery.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
3 days is a long time. Hope you're healing up and gaining strength.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7029 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
HOLY CRAP!

I hope you're recovering quickly!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39874 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Flashguy: Trying for Hide & Go Seek Champ is no bueno! Get well soon!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16133 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Get well buddy!

Posts: 1623 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Eek So glad you're still with us!

Praying for a speedy recovery.

Posts: 1820 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Flashguy, you were fortunate to have been found in time. As a physician I’ve seen occasional cases of similar situations and I’m aware of a number of bad things that can happen. Apparently if they did they weren’t too bad, or you’ve recovered (e.g. kidney problems from myoglobin in the blood).

Praying for a rapid recovery for you and a quick return home, God willing.

Posts: 18381 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Hope you’re getting better flashguy!

Posts: 11155 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Hope you're getting better, prayers.

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Flash lives in N Texas as do I. The temps when he was incapacitated where 108 or there abouts. Glad he was found and on the mend.

Posts: 5346 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! 3 days!! I can't imagine. I met Dave many years ago at sigforum get-together in Phoenix. You can't imagine a friendlier guy. I spend more time lurking than posting but I do enjoy what he posts.

Dave, I hope you are recovering well and quickly.

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
How very fortunate you were found before it got any worse! Speedy recovery Flash.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2080 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Any updates, any one?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32052 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post