SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update: on Flashguy
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update: on Flashguy Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
As others have said, Thank God, best wishes and prayers!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 2081 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I may be wrong, but I believe that iPhone 12 Pro and newer detects falls and reports them to emergency services. Using satellite communications if no cellular signal is available. A benefit for senior citizens.

Repeat: I may be wrong.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9467 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Best to you.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If you setup the apple health app and you are over 55 it automatically turns on fall detection, the Apple Watch and Phone do this.

Bought my 85 year old dad an Apple Watch for that purpose he's had a couple of tumbles in house in the past. Of course he has to wear it and he's been doing that.

If you are over 65, live alone, subject to being incapable of reaching help, the apple watch is a good thing, and you should get the cell model, for $10 a month on your plan, if you fall away from the phone you have the ability to call 911 or, it can use fall detection to do it..

Flashguys situation is a reminder to all in that group or have parents in the group...

Link

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I’ve been making a point of keeping my cell phone on me when I’m not using it, because of the possibility of something like that happening to me.

Posts: 27180 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
so sorry to hear.

I don't know the right word for it but 3 days hurt just out in your backyard. I guess you don't even have to go far out in the wilderness. I hope for a speedy recovery.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20075 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Thank you USAF buddy for letting us know.

And Flashguy, you are one tough sunofagun.

Speedy recovery my friend.

Posts: 5060 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Thats a hell of an ordeal, get well soon.

JC

Posts: 1305 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thanks for posting and letting us know how he is doing.

Posts: 12583 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have taken a few tumbles lately. While I was uninjured, my Apple Watch noticed the event and asked if I was ok. Get one.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4279 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Wow!
Way to hang tough, flashguy!

Glad you're on the mend and hope you are feeling better!

Posts: 12550 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm entitled to this Title
posted Hide Post
Get well soon!!!

Posts: 14000 | Location: WV | Registered: October 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Hoping for a speedy and full recovery.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36898 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Hang in there - hope you're mended and back with us soon!

Posts: 15157 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Thats a hell of an ordeal, get well soon.

It was triple digit heat during that time in Dallas. I'm glad Flashguy made it out alive.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17192 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking about Flashguy this morning, realizing that he hadn't posted for more than a month, and hoping that he was OK.

Best wishes to you, David, for a full and speedy recovery!

We Old Guys really need to be careful about falling.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31446 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
And on the third day, God sent his angel to find flashguy. You'll be back on the saddle, soon, my friend.

Q

Posts: 27606 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
Oh my! I wish him a quick recovery!

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3356 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Keep flashing Flashguy!

Posts: 6045 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Jeez. That is fortunate. Happy you are on the road to recovery!

Holy crap. In Dallas, Texas? It’s miserable hot there. Talk about tough as nails.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5506 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post