SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update: on Flashguy
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update: on Flashguy Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:

Good idea but HIPPA would not allow this.
I bet that HIPAA wouldn't allow it, either.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31444 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone can give us an update. Hoping for the best!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4878 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
If the address I found for him is correct (the house number starts with 1045), it last sold in 1983 (and isn’t actively listed now).

That is the address I went to, and he is listed as the owner. It is close to the church he has attended for years and was a member of the choir. It is also very close to TI, where he worked for 35 years.

I am almost positive there is not an HOA. If someone is coming by, I hope they will call my number I wrote on the note.

David will be 86 next month.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is close to the church he has attended for years and was a member of the choir. It

Think I would go by the Church and ask, the minister there may know where he is, since many churches offer services for those in need and being a long term member....

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David called me 40 minutes ago.

He is in a rehab facility and SIG Forum is blocked.

He fell in his backyard when we were having 110+ deg days. He did not have his cellphone with him.

He was able to roll and drag himself into the shade of his back porch where he had a water hose.

His handyman found him after three days.

He sounded in good spirits considering all he had been through.

It was great hearing from him.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thank God he's okay!

Thanks for letting us know, SW_Sig!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39286 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Great news!!!!

Posts: 11994 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Smile

Thanks SW_Sig for the good news.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17191 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Let him know that it doesn't mean we're not going to continue stalking him. Razz
Too bad he doesn't have access the forum.
Hope he is getting better so he can get out of there.

Posts: 7489 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:

David called me 40 minutes ago. He is in a rehab facility and SIG Forum is blocked.
T-Mobile offers a free hotspot device with a $20 / month service plan. That would connect directly to T-Mobile towers and by-pass the rehab facility's blockade of SIGforum, and any / all other sites that they block on their own wifi network. The other carriers have similar offers.

I was in a similar situation when I was in rehab for a month and a half following surgery, one of our members sent me a similar loaner hotspot device and it worked just fine.

Perhaps somebody in David's area can get something like this set up for him. I would be willing to contribute to offset the cost if David can not afford the service plan.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31444 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I will pitch in for 6 months rental

Posts: 53844 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:

He is in a rehab facility and SIG Forum is blocked.
<snip>

I don’t understand. They can’t block Internet access on his cell phone. Or have they taken his phone away? I mostly use my phone for SIGforum.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9466 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great news!

Thanks for letting us know.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Absolutely best news of the day! Thanks, SW_Sig, for the update.

Q

Posts: 27603 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Excellent news!

We will be back home all next week for Thanksgiving. Wonder if we could get a small group of locals together to go by and visit him; if it's allowed and if he's willing to receive us?

Short of that you might ask him if there's anything he needs that we could drop by for him.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Super glad to hear! Thanks for the update. Hope he keeps improving and can find a way to say hi soon.

Posts: 481 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
That is the best news in a long time. Prayers do work.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7291 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's great to hear. Thanks, SW_Sig. I'm sorry to say that I suspected the worst.

There are lots of good, good people in this forum. More than a few of them have shown up in this thread.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post