SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I don't want an electric car
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't want an electric car Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Aw shucks, Alls I got was an 8.3L V10.

(it does not get 55 MPG) Wink

Posts: 9384 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

^^^^^^

Big Grin

Posts: 12571 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

I only have 2.7l and I get 17mpg, I don't want to know how bad 3x the displacement does.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21094 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
I only have 2.7l and I get 17mpg, I don't want to know how bad 3x the displacement does.
3 x 17 = 51

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31341 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Beautiful car but my wife's Tesla Model S will spank it handily and her's is not even the S Plaid. It doesn't scream though.

In 0-60, sure. My M5 competition is faster too, and will keep going up to the limiter and can cruise at over 150 until the tank is empty, then I can fill it up again, and continue. I drove to New Mexico from Oklahoma and back without any range worries.
And my cars don't spy on me. Anyone with a modern Ford should read the manual.

Not saying you shouldn't like your EV. But I don't think they'll have the longevity of even the most finicky dino powered vehicles.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4633 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I get between 12 - 13 on my sports car...

wish my car and truck had manual wind up/down windows and mechanical locks

Posts: 53750 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

My Challenger with a 6.4 is at 18.8mpg for the life of it. You’re 2.7 must be in a heavy vehicle where it’s in boost all the time.

Posts: 3993 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^

Okay, so I can get 11.5 MPG if I behave, but...

Posts: 9384 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
quote:

My Challenger with a 6.4 is at 18.8mpg for the life of it. You’re 2.7 must be in a heavy vehicle where it’s in boost all the time.

4,100lbs, it's more that I treat every stoplight/sign as a one man race and I live within 6mi of work and anything I could ever possibly want to buy.

It is boost season though. Wink

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21094 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprising Sight: I took a back country Yoop road trip on a beautiful fall day. And what should I see on CR 426 just east of the Dickinson County line? A Tesla. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Marquette County roadways, 426 will give your Tesla suspension quite a workout. No Supercharger in Arnold. Or Ralph. There is one (maybe) at Meijer in Marquette. About 65 miles so from CR 426.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16364 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
quote:

4,100lbs, it's more that I treat every stoplight/sign as a one man race and I live within 6mi of work and anything I could ever possibly want to buy.

It is boost season though. Wink

Nothing wrong with that. Makes little more sense now. Wink

Posts: 3993 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Isn't it always boost season? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13825 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't want an electric car.

Report immediately for political re-education.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38187 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I was reminded again tonight of another reason why I don't want an electric car. There are a lot of logistical and financial reasons that it doesn't make sense for me, but there's also an emotional, almost spiritual component.

Tonight was one of those perfect nights. I'd just gotten off work, the sun was setting, the leaves are changing, and it was about 55 degrees. I was driving county roads on my way home, and the combines were out cutting the corn and beans. I had some good driving music going on the radio, and the rumble and vibration of a good old-fashioned pushrod V8 under the hood. That's just not a feeling you are going to get from an electric golf-cart of a car.

Posts: 9167 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
A resident in the county nearby doesn't want (or have) an electric car anymore either...

Here are a few screen grabs from today's excitement.

Audi e-Tron, we barely knew ya....

(I figure the owner of the white Subaru isn't a big fan right now either.)

ETA: another pic, just received.

God bless America.

Posts: 13825 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
had to put my shop van in today for maintenance, (not scheduled, unfortunately) and walked up to the commercial vehicle people to inquire about a new van,

first words out of the dealers mouth were E Van,

he tried to sell me one for a few minutes, however I countered with why it would not work for me and he stopped,

seemed like a required conversation on his part , as in the boss brought it up,

so, I asked if they were doing well, since they had 6 on the lot, and nothing that I needed (Transit 250)
he said oh no, we also have 6 more on the back lot,

125 mile range, you can stretch it if you push a button and let the regenerative braking help with the charge,

funny part was, he actually told me they sucked (under his breath of course)

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10548 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 2017 very nice Camry XLE is still shy of 20,000 miles and I live less than a mile from work at what I hope will be my last job at 62. I sincerely hope it is my last car.

Posts: 449 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: February 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, there are alternatives

Stellantis’ new Ram pickup is an EV — with a gas-powered generator in case the battery runs out
The truck can operate as a zero-emissions EV until the vehicle’s battery dies and an electric onboard generator — powered by a 3.6-liter V6 engine — kicks on to power the vehicle after its initial charge.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/0...ctric-generator.html

Posts: 796 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Ridiculous!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I think I may well live long enough to see this electric vehicle bubble burst, it would be glorious. I expect it would take a lot of asshats with it, so much the better.

To push things, maybe solar power will join the parade. It'd be a shame if we had to face the facts and put our efforts in energy that's attainable like nuclear, hydrogen, whatever. Time to get on the stick.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post