SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I don't want an electric car
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't want an electric car Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33895 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ why the hell would you own an electric car if you didn't have a home charger?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Never wanted an EV. I have looked at hybrids but without a home fast charger, there's no point for me. But at work, they're thinking of buying the mayor an EV and a couple of EVs for service. If they stick chargers at city hall and the service garage, it might make it worthwhile. lol

but then would that be considered theft?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8033 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:

I've got 3 2011's, 1 2008, 1 2014, 1 2015 and 1 2016.

quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
Currently we are “down to” 4 vehicles…

You know that's what they're thinking.

Posts: 28015 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Never wanted an EV. I have looked at hybrids but without a home fast charger, there's no point for me. But at work, they're thinking of buying the mayor an EV and a couple of EVs for service. If they stick chargers at city hall and the service garage, it might make it worthwhile. lol

but then would that be considered theft?

We actually ran into that a few years back. We have EV Fords for our parking enforcement that replaced Cushmans. They installed chargers in our back lot for them.

One of our cops working graveyard shift came up with a brilliant idea that he would buy an EV to commute, plug it in when he got there, and it would be charged by the time he went home so that his commute would be free. Because of the hours he worked nobody noticed for a few months, until suddenly they did (after one of the city Fords where he was plugging in had a low charge every morning). The city decided it was the same as stealing gas from the city gas pumps.

Let's just say he got quite a bill and the EV got sold within a few weeks.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4204 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:

my wife's Tesla Model S will spank it handily and her's is not even the S Plaid. It doesn't scream though.
It doesn't scream, but does it fart?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30741 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Raw visceral power under the hood! Big Grin

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3497 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Was listening to Stuart Varney on the Fox Business Channel yesterday and they were talking about how all the automakers are backing away from their earlier commitments for EV's. They said that Ford loses $30,000 to $40,000 on every EV!!

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1314 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PR64:
Raw visceral power under the hood! Big Grin

Yup, NO soul in there... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8962 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
^^^ why the hell would you own an electric car if you didn't have a home charger?

Exactly! But they probably are dems... Wink Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38727 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
The video above shows how poor the public charging system is for the demand of EV’s in use.

Yet they want to mandate them on the populace. This shows just a little bit of the cluster that will happen.

Not to mention those that live in apartments and the like.

Another reason certain charging stations are always full is because many of the EV manufacturers give away “free” charging for a year or so when you buy the car. Electrify America is the example of this. Always crowded with cars that get free charging.

I have solar power and charge at home. If I didn’t already have the infrastructure in place I probably wouldn’t have bought my Mustang Mach E.

Government should just stay out of it but they won’t.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3497 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Real raw visceral power under the hood Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a hybrid Chrysler mini van stow and go that gets 55 m.p.g.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54713 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Real raw visceral power under the hood Wink

Nice

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I want a hybrid Chrysler mini van stow and go that gets 55 m.p.g.

I won't stop you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Here’s what’s under the Frunk cover.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Amazingly complex cooling system for a vehicle where combustion is NOT part of the operational design and only occurs spontaneously!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8962 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

You can't always make it back home depending on how far you have driven.

My company offered me an EV for my company car today, I said F no.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10731 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
https://x.com/clownworld_/stat...471629623406952?s=46

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe id="twitter-widget-1" scrolling="no" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=true&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&lang=en&theme=&id=1720471629623406952" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 753px; display: block; border: medium; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-image: url('https://codejanitor.azurewebsites.net/embeds/bgmessage.png'); background-position: center 20px; background-size: 300px auto; overflow: hidden;" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Not a single Tesla in that line. Just saying...

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8858 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
Next year Tesla is opening up its charging stations to some other companies.

Ford being one of them.

They already have some magic docks out there that have the adapters built into them.

That will be a good thing for Ford and me…when I do a road trip.

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat