SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I don't want an electric car
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't want an electric car Login/Join 
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
^^^ I’m looking forward to the Tesla chargers opening up to me next year.

Ford signed a contract with Tesla for the use of the Tesla chargers infrastructure.

The current fast charger infrastructure sucks…

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
https://daily.whatfinger.com/u...bidens-green-agenda/

Unveiling the True Costs: The Illusion of Widespread Electric Vehicle Adoption in Biden’s Green Agenda

The Electric Vehicle Scam Is Being Exposed More and More Every Day….

The Biden administration’s fervent pursuit of widespread electrification within two decades through a mix of government subsidies and stringent regulations is revealed to be a costly illusion at the expense of the American people. While advocates of electric vehicles (EVs) assert that they will soon outpace traditional gasoline vehicles in affordability, recent research exposes the hidden subsidies propping up the EV industry, amounting to nearly $50,000 per EV.

The burden of this staggering subsidy does not fall solely on EV owners; rather, it is distributed among gasoline vehicle owners, taxpayers, and utility ratepayers. A significant portion of the support for EVs comes in the form of regulatory credits and fuel economy standards, averaging $27,881 per vehicle. The manipulation of these standards, including an unlawful 6.67 multiplier for EVs, skews the perceived efficiency of electric vehicles and sets unrealistic goals for the adoption of all-electric cars by 2032.
<snip>

Much more in Twitter embedded vids in the link. One Twitter post shows an invoice to replace a battery in a vehicle after only 70,000 miles (part #N0110...must be binary).

Total Cost - $29,842.15

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
But…but…but… don’t you care about the planet? I’m still waiting to hear how our grid would survive even a modest increase in EV’s along with the end of fossil fuels as a power source for charging them. The left NEVER answers that simple question.

If integral solar charging systems ever get efficient enough to charge vehicles as they are being used, they might be onto something, but we’re a long way from anything approaching that.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15781 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Link

More than 3,000 auto dealers sign letter opposing Biden's electric vehicle mandate

Electric vehicles 'are stacking up on our lots,' car dealers write to Biden

A coalition of more than 3,000 auto dealers nationwide is sending an open letter to President Biden, calling on him to "tap the brakes" on his administration's aggressive electric vehicle (EV) push.

The coalition — which includes dealers located in all 50 states and who collectively sell every major car brand — is taking particular aim at the Biden administration's tailpipe emissions standards released earlier this year which are the most aggressive federal regulations of their kind ever issued. Under the regulations proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the majority of new vehicle purchases will be electric within a decade.

"These vehicles are ideal for many people, and we believe their appeal will grow over time," the dealers wrote in their letter to Biden on Tuesday. "The reality, however, is that electric vehicle demand today is not keeping up with the large influx of BEVs [battery electric vehicles] arriving at our dealerships prompted by the current regulations. BEVs are stacking up on our lots."

"Last year, there was a lot of hope and hype about EVs," the letter continued. "Early adopters formed an initial line and were ready to buy these vehicles as soon as we had them to sell. But that enthusiasm has stalled. Today, the supply of unsold BEVs is surging, as they are not selling nearly as fast as they are arriving at our dealerships -- even with deep price cuts, manufacturer incentives, and generous government incentives."

More at the link

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
https://daily.whatfinger.com/u...bidens-green-agenda/

Unveiling the True Costs: The Illusion of Widespread Electric Vehicle Adoption in Biden’s Green Agenda

The Electric Vehicle Scam Is Being Exposed More and More Every Day….

The Biden administration’s fervent pursuit of widespread electrification within two decades through a mix of government subsidies and stringent regulations is revealed to be a costly illusion at the expense of the American people. While advocates of electric vehicles (EVs) assert that they will soon outpace traditional gasoline vehicles in affordability, recent research exposes the hidden subsidies propping up the EV industry, amounting to nearly $50,000 per EV.

The burden of this staggering subsidy does not fall solely on EV owners; rather, it is distributed among gasoline vehicle owners, taxpayers, and utility ratepayers. A significant portion of the support for EVs comes in the form of regulatory credits and fuel economy standards, averaging $27,881 per vehicle. The manipulation of these standards, including an unlawful 6.67 multiplier for EVs, skews the perceived efficiency of electric vehicles and sets unrealistic goals for the adoption of all-electric cars by 2032.
<snip>

Much more in Twitter embedded vids in the link. One Twitter post shows an invoice to replace a battery in a vehicle after only 70,000 miles (part #N0110...must be binary).

Total Cost - $29,842.15

I used to use the subsidy angle when arguing against EV’s until I found out the billions we pay in petroleum subsidies and still do every year.

Posts: 3993 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I used to use the subsidy angle when arguing against EV’s until I found out the billions we pay in petroleum subsidies and still do every year.
Aren't there a bunch of agriculture subsidies propping-up Ethanol production, too?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
The so called subsidies to the oil companies are really tax breaks and “implied” subsidies like not making them pay for all air pollution, global warming, etc.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rode in one Wednesday,
Crazy impressive feat of engineering,
Very well laid out.
Tons of leg and head room.awesom visibility,

Wouldn't call it a "Lexus luxury" ride quality, not even close.
Might be the most uncomfortable seat I've ever experienced.

My rear is boney and wide.
Seats too firm and way too narrow.

The side bolsters were digging into my thighs.

The owner said he would buy another if they needed a second car

He's 74 y.o. and had it for 12 months

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55141 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Rode in one Wednesday,
Crazy impressive feat of engineering,
Very well laid out.
Tons of leg and head room.awesom visibility,

Wouldn't call it a "Lexus luxury" ride quality, not even close.
Might be the most uncomfortable seat I've ever experienced.

My rear is boney and wide.
Seats too firm and way too narrow.

The side bolsters were digging into my thighs.

The owner said he would buy another if they needed a second car

He's 74 y.o. and had it for 12 months

What car was it?

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3633 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Barbourville Ky is cutting edge. Not mountains but some big hills that will put it to the test and I predict a big fat fail.

https://www.wymt.com/2023/12/0...-vehicle-school-bus/
FTA:
BARBOURVILLE, Ky. (WYMT) - Administrators at Barbourville Independent School took a step toward the future on Friday.

The school received the keys to its first electric vehicle school bus after a grant they applied for last year helped with the cost.

“We’re just ecstatic that we’re able to make this purchase and like I said we’ve had a lot of good partners and a lot of hard work went into this, writing the grant and getting all the numbers we needed so it was a team effort to make this happen,” said Barbourville Independent School District Superintendent Dennis Messer.

The bus was more than $390,000. However, with the grant and after including all of the possible safety upgrades on the bus, the school district only paid just more than $50,000...

Posts: 4810 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Y model

Posts: 55141 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Y model

The Tesla 3 and Y are their most basic cars. While they do give entry into the EV market, they aren't by any means the refinement one would usually expect. What Teslas has going for it is their infrastructure which is better than any other available...There are plenty of chargers and the are all operational.

If you want to feel what a a well built EV should be, you need to check out a Lucid. There company mtto is, "Without Compromise".

Their new 7 passenger SUV, the Gravity, an example of outstanding packaging. The top-of-the-line Air Sapphire combines Mercedes S-class luxury with Supercar performance

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14245 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
anonymous photo sharing

I haven't dropped a pic in this thread for awhile.

Still loving my Mach E!

Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Shame it Ain't Got NO Soul... Razz

I don't know, but I been told,
A big legged woman ain't got no soul... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9411 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3586 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will hasn't been a passenger in a vehicle for many years as he is prone to car sickness.

After four months he decided to actually check claimes of outstanding acceleration of his Tesla.

He punched it and sure enough,
0 to 75 in a few seconds.

His fastest car . . Ever.

But it affected his inner ear and he started barffing for seven or nine minutes.
Big Grin

He had to wait 20 minutes to start driving again.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
PFFFFFFT.....per my post above, try almost DOUBLE that!!!! Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Biden's trillion-dollar infrastructure package included billions of dollars to fund an ambitious plan to construct a massive nationwide electric vehicle (EV) charging network, but has yet to yield a single charger two years later.

More on the EV/GND agenda bleeding us out with every month this clown and his enablers have been in office.

FOX News Story

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
January 10, 2024

direct YouTube link

God bless America.

Posts: 13826 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post